View full 2018-19 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually has a good strikers instinct when he is in the box but we never see that with him because he's to busy trying to create from wide areas and he's largely failing at that.
I would put him uptop against Derby.We have nothing to lose.Might aswell see how he does there.

One of the reasons Rooney failed with us in the later years was because he was being moved around here,there and everywhere.Had we just put him uptop as the main forward and supplied him we may have viewed his last remaining years here less harshly.Rooney could still finish well but playing him in midfield where we had to rely upon him to dictate our attack was such a awful idea.He didn't have the stamina or talent for that role. Should've used him solely as a forward and judge him from there.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
It is obvious that Sanchez is slowing down. It is equally obvious that he's not the complete bust that so many here are keen to make him out to be. He was never that pacy and getting him to tear up and down the wing all game with his pace fading is just setting him up to fail. Let him compete with Lukaku for the striker position. Lukaku isn't performing well and Sanchez not long ago was a better striker than Lukaku has ever been.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Sanchez was on the decline in the last season at Arsenal just like Torres before he switched to Chelsea. Arsenal got the better deal. They got to start over fresh without their fading star who didn't exactly spread joy around the dressingroom.
I don't buy that argument or comparison. On 28 December he put up a fantastic, MOTM performance in his final Arsenal match against Palace, then once he moved to OT in January he was distinctly different and his woeful form kicked in. Torres often turned up and put in decent shifts. He had a number of very good performances for Chelsea and played a key role in their CL win. Besides, Torres wasn't the highest paid player in the league or even at Chelsea. Players who were fatigued from Russia are playing better than Sanchez. He was even rested midweek to get him ready for Wolves, but was still awful. Apart from the 3-2 win at City, it's hard to remember any memorable games he has had for Man Utd since joining.

Pyro19

We have broken our entire wage structure just to accomodate Sanchez and his awful football.

Get rid of him asap even if it means taking a financial hit. The highest paid player in the premier league and he cannot beat his man 9/10.

Laughable.

Alabaster Codify7

We really are stumped here aren't we. He's nowhere near good enough to start at present but then its unthinkable to imagine paying a substitute/squad player 400k a week or whatever...….we're kind of forced to play him simply because of his wages, its a ridiculous situation to be in.

Bestietom

We really are stumped here aren't we. He's nowhere near good enough to start at present but then its unthinkable to imagine paying a substitute/squad player 400k a week or whatever...….we're kind of forced to play him simply because of his wages, its a ridiculous situation to be in.
This is true, but can we really keep playing him. He keeps losing the ball and breaking down our movement.

ash_86

I think under a different manager Sanchez can prosper still. I could see him working well under Sarri for example where gameplay involves quick 1-2 passing. It was a bad career move interms of how we're setup. Maybe under a new manager he will be back to looking good.

youngrell

I agree it seems silly to pay someone that amount to be a sub/rotation option, but the fact is he costs us the same whether he's playing or not, so if he's not playing well enough then I see no problem leaving him out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The only way we'll get full value out of him is playing him as a striker/CAM IMO.

He's just too slow to be a winger, his best bits of play is in the centre of the pitch where his balance/agility is more important than speed.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Looks past it, hope it's a mental thing rather than physical.

ash_86

Pogba's take on Sanhcez

"What you have to know about Alexis is that he is a hard worker, explained Pogba. "He trains very well, he always tries to help the team, talks with the team and everything.

"He will get used to it. When you play a long time with another team and you play different football in that other team, you have some kind of adaptation that you have to have.
"It's not that he is playing bad. We know that Alexis Sanchez can bring a lot and I'm sure he will.

"But he's not playing bad and he keeps being positive, you know, so that's the good thing we have to think about."

zenith

Even Shaw's good form seems no good for him. Reckon it's about time rashford and martial get an extended run at the left flank, before the season is unsalvagable

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think under a different manager Sanchez can prosper still. I could see him working well under Sarri for example where gameplay involves quick 1-2 passing. It was a bad career move interms of how we're setup. Maybe under a new manager he will be back to looking good.
Important to remember that his form in the last year or so at Arsenal was poor despite the fact that Arsen Wenger knew the best position and style of football he previously thrived on.

It is clearly a complex issue and he is not happy but something needs to be done urgently. Maybe he needs a good sports phsycologist to sort out possible mental problems.

Jojo <3 Mou

He'll come good soon enough, we need to keep playing him until he hits his former form.
I lose a little bit more hope each day. And so does Alexis. He tries and tries and nothing.... He is not linking well with the team and it's really not looking promising. The things that he use to do so well are not coming off and sometimes he isn't even getting on the ball

I just want him to get a goal and soon because that should really help his confidence.

If we get him up and running then we have immediately improved the team.

Aloysius's Back 3

Think he might have shot himself in the foot to move clubs at a time when he should maybe thinking about changing/moving position as a lot of players do at his age.

ash_86

Important to remember that his form in the last year or so at Arsenal was poor despite the fact that Arsen Wenger knew the best position and style of football he previously thrived on.

It is clearly a complex issue and he is not happy but something needs to be done urgently. Maybe he needs a good sports phsycologist to sort out possible mental problems.
It maybe something to do with him wanting to leave. I can't see a player suddenly dropping standards unless he had a severe injury.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I was a huge supporter of Sanchez when he first came to us.
A Galactico, in attack, ready to run our attacks for the next 3 years.
But I have to concede that after 9 months, I think Sanchez is not going to succeed here. I have no idea why this is the case, but that's what we are seeing on the pitch.
Such a shame.

I think it's time to let Sanchez fight for his position with Martial and Rashford.

Infra-red

From SkySports:

Alexis Sanchez has not scored a Premier League goal since finding the net against Swansea on the last day of March. Since that day, there have been 347 goals scored in the competition with no fewer than 164 different scorers. The Manchester United forward, the Premier League's highest-paid player, has somehow contrived not to be among them.

In 63 minutes in the game against Wolves on Saturday, Sanchez mustered only one shot and gave the ball away 16 times without winning possession back once.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...er-united-form-is-a-concern-for-jose-mourinho

Total minutes played for United (League + UCL): 1546
Goals Scored: 2 (goal every 773 mins)
Assists: 4 (assist every 386.5 mins)
Times he Lost Possession: 390 (once every 4 minutes)

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Think he might have shot himself in the foot to move clubs at a time when he should maybe thinking about changing/moving position as a lot of players do at his age.
Agree with that. By far his best career stats were at Arsenal. Moving to a completely different set-up, different manager and different style was ill-advised. Now some media (and Ian Wright) are reporting that he is likely to be sold next summer, which at this rate is not far-fetched and perhaps the best for Man Utd.

T_Model101

Agree with that. By far his best career stats were at Arsenal. Moving to a completely different set-up, different manager and different style was ill-advised. Now some media (and Ian Wright) are reporting that he is likely to be sold next summer, which at this rate is not far-fetched and perhaps the best for Man Utd.
Came here to post the BBC article from Wright, he's not wrong about lack of freedom

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...MwAHoECAIQBQ&usg=AOvVaw30p3RKQRmH7vxKaE_vvlMP

Silas

From SkySports:

Total minutes played for United (League + UCL): 1546
Goals Scored: 2 (goal every 773 mins)
Assists: 4 (assist every 386.5 mins)
Times he Lost Possession: 390 (once every 4 minutes)
How long is his contract with us?

Xaviboy

Id like to see him in a false 9 position. Maybe have lukaku playing off him on the right and have either Rashford/ Martial to the left. Think bit of freedom for him to pick the ball up in more central positions could see him to his best. In the Huddersfield game at home last season he got in to alot of central positions and he was brilliant. Huddersfield just kept kicking him and fouling him but he was going past players in central positions. He played upfront in pre season and was good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It maybe something to do with him wanting to leave. I can't see a player suddenly dropping standards unless he had a severe injury.
This is the point though, this form hasn't just been with us. He was poor for Arsenal those last few months and everybody assumed he just wasn't trying.

Clearly though he's just lost that yard of pace which his style relies on. He's struggling to adapt and still playing the old way, but the genius isn't there right now only his pitfalls.

ash_86

This is the point though, this form hasn't just been with us. He was poor for Arsenal those last few months and everybody assumed he just wasn't trying.

Clearly though he's just lost that yard of pace which his style relies on. He's struggling to adapt and still playing the old way, but the genius isn't there right now only his pitfalls.
I will discount his performances in the last few months at Arsenal as he was clearly unhappy. But the level he's showing here is unheard off and not his regular level albeit a extraordinary one. His pace might not be of great worry i think as he has enough tools to find runners like he did against city away. That's the reason i think he'd do well centrally for us.

kr0nix

Ah so he keeps being positive. We as Utd fans should be on our knees fecking greatful that a player on 400k p/w is positive. Feck off both of them
Come on, what else is Pogba supposed to say in that situation? That Alexis is finished and the club might have made a mistake in signing him?

Jojo <3 Mou

His best performance 9 months on is still from the video of his unveiling. Mind you I did like that.
The video was brilliant. It still brings me joy.

I should have known that it would be hard for him to live up to such hype. I will accept him not winning the Ballon D'or( :p) but we need him scoring and assisting more.

Canagel

Id like to see him in a false 9 position. Maybe have lukaku playing off him on the right and have either Rashford/ Martial to the left. Think bit of freedom for him to pick the ball up in more central positions could see him to his best. In the Huddersfield game at home last season he got in to alot of central positions and he was brilliant. Huddersfield just kept kicking him and fouling him but he was going past players in central positions. He played upfront in pre season and was good.
This is the final solution left. Last throw of the dice. Play him centrally like he did in pre season either with Lukaku/Martial/Rashford in 3-5-2 or false 9 like you're saying with Lukaku as right sided forward (not winger) and Martial on the left. If he doesn't change after this it's fair to say he's finished.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
How long is his contract with us?
Four-and-a-half years, so it ends summer 2022. And according to the Telegraph he is paid £14m a year after tax - just under £27m a year (or around £500,000 per week) before tax - on top of his £20m signing-on fee, and an agents’ fee worth more than £10m. I can see why he won't quit easily or cheaply. Absolutely shocking.

Kostov

Pogba's take on Sanhcez
I liked this from Pogba, to be honest, Alexis needs his teammates if he is to come good. Also in the last game, after that horrible first free kick didn't Pogba try and encourage him to take another or am I wrong? Someone with better memory maybe recalls the situation?

I still think we should be playing him more central and closer to goal.He looked so promising in that role in pre-season ghosting into the box and linking up well with our midfield.
Our transition in our counter attacks were quicker too.

Personally would like to see :
Martial-Sanchez-Lukaku/Rashford

And if that fails...we'll kill him.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.