5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfie092

So glad we signed him in January rather than this summer window. He has now been able to settle into Manchester, know the players, coaching staff and how they want us to play, got a long summers rest and then gone on a pre-season tour with us (yes with a slight hiccup with the VISA) and then be able to realise the true size of the club globally from within.

Yes he has played 18 games for us, but it still feels like a new signing and I genuinely believe whether he plays as a LW or as a striker-second/main striker with Lukaku, he will flourish this season and rip it apart. He is 29, so at his peak, so as long as he stays injury free he can be a key player for us for the next 3 seasons at least playing at a very high level.

Man City last season won the league with Aguero scoring 21 goals, Sterling with 18, Jesus with 13 and Sane with 10. Those were the only 4 players in the league to hit double figures for them. If we can get Lukaku to get around 25-30 goals, Sanchez around 20 goals and then hopefully get 2-3 other players getting into double-figures, whether it’s a new RW, Lingard, Rashford, Pogba, Mata, Martial (if he stays), then we would have a lot of goals within the team, let’s not forget other players, like our fullbacks and centre-backs may chip in with a few too, oh and Jose’s secret weapon GOAT Fellaini may grab a few! :D That could be enough to challenge for the title but it does mean we have to be solid in defence and keep regular cleansheet, which may be a tough ask! No good us scoring 3 goals in a game and then losing 4-3.

I think Mourinho sees it this way too, hence why he is looking at signing a CB who would improve us defensively. Don’t think it will happen, but if we could get a quality and experienced CB who is good with the ball at their feet, like Alderweireld, then I believe he could be key to unleashing our forward players and ensuring we pick up many more points than last season.

settembrini

I'm liking the look of him as forward. Be interesting to see him and Lukaku as a pair.

Luke1995

Good to know that this won't be a Torres-Chelsea situation. We can catch City if him, Pogba and DDG perform every week.

Luke1995

Lukaku too. I think all four will have very good seasons.

It's crazy to think Sanchez was written off so quickly. He's quality.
Probably because the thought process was ''He's just tired of Arsenal'' when in fact he still had to adapt to United.

EyeInTheSky

Could he not be a 10 or just behind Lukaku in some fashion. His ghosting into the edge of the box is devastating. No one can pick him up. Sensational movement and instinct with a deadly finish. We have been missing that for so long.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Could he not be a 10 or just behind Lukaku in some fashion. His ghosting into the edge of the box is devastating. No one can pick him up. Sensational movement and instinct with a deadly finish. We have been missing that for so long.
I've said since I noticed him losing his burst of speed at Arsenal last season that he'd be great as an 8. Even before that I thought he'd be a great one but he was so devastating the season before last on the left that it wasn't necessary. Defensively he is fine, he can keep the ball under pressure with his 360 turns, can playmake as well as anyone in our team, and would provide a goal threat from midfield.

Doubt it'll happen now with signing Fred and Pereira's impressive pre-season but I believe he'd excel there.

3KDré

I think we could be devastating with him as false nine, Lukaku out right drifting centrally when there is space and Martial on the left flank.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think we could be devastating with him as false nine, Lukaku out right drifting centrally when there is space and Martial on the left flank.
Replace Martial with Rashford and the same could be true

Member 90887

Not in this place.
Not in this place as in not in the caf ? if that's what you mean then you're terribly mistaken good sir. After a few matches he was absolutely destroyed on here. the martial fan club didn't help either.

Just see his perfomances thread of last year.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not in this place as in not in the caf ? if that's what you mean then you're terribly mistaken good sir. After a few matches he was absolutely destroyed on here. the martial fan club didn't help either.

Just see his perfomances thread of last year.
You've misinterpreted. Not in this place as in it's not crazy. It's the norm.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
De Gea
Line of 4
Matic-Pogba (McTom-Fellaini)
Mata-Fred (Lingard-Herrera)
Lukaku-Sanchez (Martial-Rashford)

Is this a possibility? Sounds like a funcional team who also also has depth.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Wheres @Vilev? Still think hes already spent? Show us your unbiased analysis please would ya

Vilev

Wheres @Vilev? Still think hes already spent?
Yep. He was good against Real. But Real start their season when exactly? Closer to 20th of august. That was their first pre-season game. For United it was almost a final one, our first game is august 10 already, in a week.
So, given that difference, he looked good. Not even great, and his second half was a complete bust as well. So basically only a good 45 minutes against Real who just started their pre-season preparation. A real gem of a performance, of course.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I read on here that he was supposedly changing his diet up or something. Apparently, his GF is a vegan. If this is true and he is going Vegan then I expect a load of ligament and tendon injuries. There is no way to replace the nutrients on a plant-based diet for connective tissues it all comes from meats and animal fats(from what I have read and interviews with top experts). It's ok for those who are not athletes putting their bodies through gruelling seasons and training sessions and pushing to the edge of their limits.
Woah there.
Firstly, I am vegan (having been a meat eater for 40 years).
I am 43 years of age now.

Since going vegan, all my lifts in the gym have gone up.
Energy levels have gone up.
Power, size, everything is up.
I am also leaner now.
Recovery if faster.
No issues with tendons and ligaments. The faster recovery helps here.

There are no negatives to report.

Lewis Hamilton also went plant based last Summer and when he returned from the Summer break (after the diet change), he won the next 4 races in a row. He is still plant based and leading this year's World championship.

When you are plant based, you get more nutrition (not less). All the "super foods" which we are told to eat, are eaten by default, on a plant base diet.
Your body becomes saturated with nutrition.

For those who truly believe that a plant based athlete is weak, thin, injury prone, etc, need to come down to North West London (I will meet you at Harrow on the Hill Tube Stn) and train with me. I will get you a guest pass at the gym, so no charge.

And nobody seemed to have told Clarence Kennedy (vegan lifter) that vegans have weak tendons or ligaments.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The sports science brigade are one of the funniest sunsets of people on here. They will have you believe that a player can function at their peak until they’re 40 without any drop off in performance because of “advances in sporting science”
Sanchez is not 40.
He is a Galacitco class player, who our other attackers should be learning from.
I expect him to be our best attacker this season...anything less would be a disappointment.

On this forum when a man reaches 28, apparently their body gives up. That's actually not how it works. An man can be in his absolute prime well into his mid-30s. Obviously, if he drinks, smokes, eats junk and treats his body like a trash can (as most men in this country do), then this won't be the case.

forevrared

I've been a pretty big critic of Alexis since he joined, but he's impressed me this pre-season. I think I like him now.

AR87

Woah there.

I am also leaner now.
Recovery if faster.

Lewis Hamilton also went plant based last Summer and when he returned from the Summer break (after the diet change), he won the next 4 races in a row. He is still plant based and leading this year's World championship.

When you are plant based, you get more nutrition (not less). All the "super foods" which we are told to eat, are eaten by default, on a plant base diet.

For those who truly believe that a plant based athlete is weak, thin, injury prone, etc, need to come down to North West London (I will meet you at Harrow on the Hill Tube Stn) and train with me. I will get you a guest pass at the gym, so no charge.

And nobody seemed to have told Clarence Kennedy (vegan lifter) that vegans have weak tendons or ligaments.

Alot of NBA players have gone vegan now and have had success with it, most notably Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard and Victor Oladipo who all arguably had their best individual seasons last year.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/25...ndler-kyrie-irving-damian-lillard-enes-kanter

ivaldo

I've been a pretty big critic of Alexis since he joined, but he's impressed me this pre-season. I think I like him now.
It's almost like those 5 minutes weren't a reflection of his abilities on the last decade.

goin4glory

Woah there.

I am also leaner now.
Recovery if faster.

Clarence only recently went Vegan. Has eaten meat most of his life.

Barack O'Bama

Same as this. He does look like he’s in the zone now. The moment I saw his new haircut without the big quiff (the amount of times he was fixing at it during games last year was serious!) I said to myself he means business (bit like Pogba at the World Cup as well).

Best player in pre-season for sure and just hope he brings it starting Friday week v Leicester.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivaldo

He was very bad for 5 full months.
He wasnt 'very bad.' And he's been playing professional football for 13 years. It's the typical short sightedness often found on the caf these day though, what do I expect?

Cloud7

Sanchez is not 40.
He is a Galacitco class player, who our other attackers should be learning from.
I expect him to be our best attacker this season...anything less would be a disappointment.

On this forum when a man reaches 28, apparently their body gives up. That's actually not how it works. An man can be in his absolute prime well into his mid-30s. Obviously, if he drinks, smokes, eats junk and treats his body like a trash can (as most men in this country do), then this won't be the case.
I clarified this already. When I made that point I wasn’t referring to Sanchez, more of a general trend of thought on here. Players maintaining anything close to their peak level well into their 30s is more of an exception than anything else, and not something we should expect from every player.

There is a reason why Giggs, Ronaldo, Zanetti, Ibra are so well remembered for this, it’s because it doesn’t happen often.

NinjaFletch

I dread to think how utterly atrocious he would have been had he not have had a pre-season.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Ironically may yet save Martial’s Utd career.

Erics_Collar

An absolutely attrocious performance. Just really, really bad.

Someone has to post up how many times he lost the ball, and what his pass % was.

I haven't seen a performance that bad in a long time.

luke511

So sloppy it hurts, comes across as a whiny cnut that always pins the blame on someone else as well.

acnumber9

Disappointing after a promising pre season. Still can’t shake the feeling that he’s just not up to it physically anymore.

DRM

I was simply going to say "shit" but thought that might get me banned.

Terrible touch, lost the ball so many times, weak, poor decision making, always moaning. I think that about sums it up?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Dispossession magnet. Is that even possible? feck knows. Sanchez managed it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.