5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Footyislife

Sanchez shouldn't displace Martial/Rashford. I think he either slots in on the middle with Rashford out right, or on the left with Martial through the middle. Sanchez is a million times better than Lingard & probably our best forward. This guy was top 2 player in the EPL. I would ignore most of what you saw under Mourinho. Mou would have found a way to make Messi look average.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
:D Maybe i was being "wooshed". It's hard to say within this internet thingy.
Rojo was good enough to get to a World Cup final...

But whatever, put Lindelof in there if you prefer, or Smalling.

I like Bailly and Rojo together, and in an attacking side they'd be under less pressure than you're used to watching them under.

The main point (given that this is a Sanchez thread), was on the midfield and attack, and that it's very, very good.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Very good cameo, not that the pool of comparisons is great but possibly up there with his best performances for us :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

Showed good energy when coming on. Looked sharp in moments and showed great composure to assist Rahford that made it 2-0.

Can imagine he'll start vs Reading.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One time he had a lead on someone and they got back, but generally pretty tidy, and a great assist.

Not bad for a first game back in 6 weeks.
The pressure is off re-joining a team in this form. Hope he can put a good display in v Reading.

el3mel

Played a great role in that counter and the assist was great.

Let's see how he'll do when he starts.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Played on the left and barley made an attempt to go the right. Fitting him into this team might be an issue if he does not adapt and become more comfortable on the right side of our attack.
I think that Ole will play him on the right. I hope.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Looked like he wanted it today. Good assist and a good run to get to that position in the first place.

That's what he's about. Ball to feet around the edge of the box and see what he can do.

Footyislife

Looked lethargic & off pace when he came on. But he's got great vision as shown by the assist. Should be playing alongside Martial & Rashford (or Lukaku). I don't see what Jesse/Mata provide that is any superior. Sanchez is just as mobile hardworking as Lingard & can actually pass like Mata can without being a liability.

Rossa

One time he had a lead on someone and they got back, but generally pretty tidy, and a great assist.

Not bad for a first game back in 6 weeks.
The pressure is off re-joining a team in this form. Hope he can put a good display in v Reading.
You mean Yedlin right, the guy who also outpaced Martial and whom Rio called a bullet? Arguably fastest player in the league.

Sanchez looked sloppy at times, but also showed some quality.hopefully he can build on this.

Minimalist

I felt positive about that appearance. Hopefully see more improvement in the coming matches.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You mean Yedlin right, the guy who also outpaced Martial and whom Rio called a bullet? Arguably fastest player in the league.

Sanchez looked sloppy at times, but also showed some quality.hopefully he can build on this.
This. Absolutely no shame in losing a leg race to Yedlin.

FujiVice

Not match fit yet, obviously, so I wouldnt judge him on this cameo. But he did well.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Very good cameo, not that the pool of comparisons is great but possibly up there with his best performances for us :lol:
His best performance is in FA Cup Semis vs Spurs, was immense that day.

izec

Mata has no business starting over him. Jesse with his running and link up play i can see, but Mata shouldnt be

Ban

M
Played on the left and barley made an attempt to go the right. Fitting him into this team might be an issue if he does not adapt and become more comfortable on the right side of our attack.
Aybe he was instructed not to go on the right.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Thought it was someone taller to be fair, but I suppose Sanchez is a short un himself!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mata has no business starting over him. Jesse with his running and link up play i can see, but Mata shouldnt be
It was his first game back, but going forward, with less of a huge bunching of games, you can't think Mata or Valencia will start too often.

3 from Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Sanchez and Lukaku will be a tough enough selection

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well he was subbed on to play on the left so he shouldn’t just be going to the right to show that he can.

Andersons Dietician

I’m hoping Ole has the intention to stick him on the right and only didn’t do it today because of Valencia and us needing more width on that side but that aside that was a piece of class for the pass hoping he gets back some of his magic we really could do with a top form Sanchez.

Devil81

Doesn't half show his frustration at Lukaku's lack of football brain. I've no idea why Lukaku didn't square him up in stoppage time.

But yes I agree with most on here, a very promising cameo.

logan99

To be the first game in 6 weeks, it was not bad at all. Do not pretend to see his best version of him with this type of games, Newcastle managed to not let us play ... for something we did not see the best version of Pogba and Martial.

I am confident that it will improve over time, but I would like to see it as center forward or right winger.

A-man

Not up to speed yet but there is a lot of quality in there.

Womp

idiot
His first touch under pressure has been horrendous at times since joining us, today another example. I hope it's just due to a lack of fitness as I remember him turning under the press always being one of his biggest strengths.

PoTMS

Assist aside, very poor and clumsy. Hopefully just a lack of fitness and not a sign of things to come.

Cloud7

The vision is still there. Not a bad cameo for his first game back.

Canagel

Solid cameo. Took a few minutes to settle in with pace of the game and showed his quality towards the end.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
M

Aybe he was instructed not to go on the right.
Sanchez preference is to play on the left. Our right side was a mess the whole game and any instructions that omitted that glaring issue shows lack of managerial acumen.

Well he was subbed on to play on the left so he shouldn’t just be going to the right to show that he can.
That is the problem. We have Martial as well who prefers to play on the right. We don’t need another left midfielder. Sanchez could have easily occupied the right and Rashford the left if he preferred playing in that role.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.