5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinJoaquin

Just not going to happen for him. I know he's just come back from a lengthy lay off, but he's lost that spark. He s definitely lost a yard of pace and everything he does, passing, dribbling or running off the ball, all seem to not come naturally. It's like his brain is wanting to do it, but his body won't let him.
Big shame. It reminds me so much of Torres.
Agreed unfortunately.

Sylar

I think under Ole we will see interchanging attackers, so will see him pop up left, right and middle. Id like to see starting middle with freedom to roam.

tomaldinho1

Should be considered ahead of Mata but don't think he's dynamic enough for the wide slots anymore.

For me, no 10, backup striker or RW ahead of Mata are where he slots in. Problem is, he's paid more than anyone in the league to be a backup player....

Cockney Phil

Just not going to happen for him. I know he's just come back from a lengthy lay off, but he's lost that spark. He s definitely lost a yard of pace and everything he does, passing, dribbling or running off the ball, all seem to not come naturally. It's like his brain is wanting to do it, but his body won't let him.
I agree with you.

The transfer was wrong and it has not succeeded for the player or the club. From the first game he looked awkward, a square peg in a round hole. We needed a CB and we got another forward who has literally brought nothing to the squad. Ole claimed he was working hard over Xmas but there was no marked change against Newcastle. If we have a run in the FA Cup I can see him playing games there and maybe the bench for the prem.

Litch

Yep....first game back, nice assist, 2-0 game over. Im just gonna wait and see how the whole thing plays out before writing his career off here just yet.

Greck

Sadly I thought the same. Like rooney the know-how and experience from his days as a star is still there but the brilliance seems to have diminished. I'm rooting for him because I'd quite frankly be gutted for the club if we unsettled our wage structure and future contract negotiations for this

Morpheus 7

Yep....first game back, nice assist, 2-0 game over. Im just gonna wait and see how the whole thing plays out before writing his career off here just yet.
Fair play, more than most do in here. He's practically dead because he turned 30 last month to some.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think if he manages to hit his best form then we have a shot against PSG. Still hoping to see him in the middle with Rashford on the right and Martial left. We'll see though. They'll all interchange no matter what but that looks our most talented and dynamic front 3.

Morpheus 7

Or, you know, his form for the past year plus.
He's been injured alot of this season, not been bad when he's played this season. Not enough to judge properly unfortunately. He was poor last season. Players take time to settle, even longer when when they under a negative ahole like Jose. I'm not saying Sanchez has been great but there is a clear dislike for him in here, maybe it's because Martial was dropped last season. It comes down to the manager not getting the most out of his players and not settling in. I personally think Sanchez is a fantastic player with shattered confidence. If Ole can get a tune out of the rest why not Alexis. He was excellent for the second goal last night. A fit Sanchez with confidence could devastate any team. Again many in here have there agenda and have written him off completely. I think if he stays injury free, a few in here will be put in there place.

staniswin

Really hope he can start kick on , cause if not, which club is willing to pay his massive wage and ruin their own wage structure? We definitely can't sell him anywhere, like it or not he stuck with us till his contract run out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockets Redglare

To me it looked like he could feel his hamstring and decided to come off before it got any worse.
Hopefully it won’t be anything major, although he didn’t look particularly bothered today.

Great assist though.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Hard to tell if it's just a lack of match fitness, or an recurring injury. Hopefully he's not a complete crock

Mick321

Hopefully it's not too bad, hoping someone is dumb enough to try and sign him off us this month. Nice pass though but was poor other than that as usual.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was okay, nothing special. You'd hope for more against Reading tbh. Probably came off as he felt a tiny bit of tightness, doubt it's anything more than that, but he wont start vs Spurs anyway.

IAmAWinner

My motm. Was energetic, tried to make things happen, really good assist. Hopefully out for not too long.

JoaquinJoaquin

Nowhere near the Sánchez who was once one of the best players in the Premier League. Reports in Chile say he is upset and he genuinely looks like he is.

youmeletsfly

It was his 1st game after injury, you can't be serious in thinking that he would run his arse of in a cup game vs Reading.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Don’t think he has it in him to play the LW role anymore. He still has the vision, finishing ability and stamina, his best role would be where Lingard plays coming in off the right.

Rajma

I still of the opinion he should only be played through the middle or just off the right as he doesn’t have the pace anymore to beat the players but still a weapon if utilised correctly.

Minimalist

Hopefully nothing serious. Need players with quality if we're going to have a strong second half of the season.

Rajma

Don’t think he has it in him to play the LW role anymore. He still has the vision, finishing ability and stamina, his best role would be where Lingard plays coming in off the right.
We’re on the same page haha posted exactly this just seconds later

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Alexis reminds me of Rooney in his post-Fergie United period: Doing enough to pad the stats but the performances are levels below his brightest days.

This fella carried Chile to the Copa America past Suarez's Uruguay and Messi's Argentina, yet he's struggling to dribble Championship defenders nowadays. Give him space and he can still pull off special stuff but he doesn't look anywhere near what he was a few years ago.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Reserving judgment until he's played with proper first teamers, todays team had as much chemistry as Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart in Twilight

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Worrying. Looks far from being an automatic starter. Would love if we could cut our losses. The worse deal ever.

Cereal

Supports
Colo Colo
Best on the pitch (not saying much) and involved in the two goals, I couldn't ask for more considering his context.

Jib

I hope, he doesn't start against Tottenham...

Martial-Rashford-Lingard
--------Pogba-------------

Sanchez on the bench !

Devil may care

There wasn't much to choose from but I gave him MOTM as I thought he was the best of the attackers, unfortunately he looks like he's going to miss a couple of weeks at least with the muscle pull.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think they didn't want to risk his hamstrings.
Should never, ever play wide.
Doesn't have the pace. Cannot take on a player to save his live.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
I thought he was good considering how bad the midfield was. There's only so much the attackers can do when the midfield is constantly losing the ball and getting overrun. When he had the chance to affect the game he (and Lukaku) took it.

Sylar

Has quality as you can see. It just hasnt started for him at United.

Would like to see him play with Rashford and Martial in a front three though (though not vs Spurs lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.