Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sanchez preference is to play on the left. Our right side was a mess the whole game and any instructions that omitted that glaring issue shows lack of managerial acumen.

That is the problem. We have Martial as well who prefers to play on the right. We don’t need another left midfielder. Sanchez could have easily occupied the right and Rashford the left if he preferred playing in that role.

:eek:
None of that matters though. In the context of this game, you appeared unhappy that you didn’t see him occupying the right of the pitch enough, even though he was put on the left wing. Rashford could play on the left too, but he was put on the right.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
To anyone at the game...Rashford seemed to ignore Alexis after that brilliant assist and hug everyone else. That's how it looked on TV..as though no-one liked him. But the camera cut away so was it a misleading impression?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
You make it sound so simple.
I believe something as obvious as this should be simple.

None of that matters though. In the context of this game, you appeared unhappy that you didn’t see him occupying the right of the pitch enough, even though he was put on the left wing. Rashford could play on the left too, but he was put on the right.
It will matter when we try and fit in back into the team. Would you take out Martial or Rashford to start Sanchez if he isn’t comfortable on the right side of our attack?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
To anyone at the game...Rashford seemed to ignore Alexis after that brilliant assist and hug everyone else. That's how it looked on TV..as though no-one liked him. But the camera cut away so was it a misleading impression?
He (Rashford) waited for him and gave him a High-Five after the goal.

Jib

The amount of balls he gave away in only 20min...but good assist.

Devil may care

Looked hungry and had plenty of energy, the assist was class and he played another lovely pass to Pogba that Paul should have squared for Lukaku to get the 3rd, it was a very positive 30 minutes or so IMO.

Bwuk

Would really like to see him as the #10 if Pogba doesn’t play. We’ve been trying to get our #10 as close to goal as possible under Ole.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Everyone seemed to ignore Rashford i thought. he had to run to them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would really like to see him as the #10 if Pogba doesn’t play. We’ve been trying to get our #10 as close to goal as possible under Ole.
agreed. His ability to turn in tight areas makes him very difficult to stop. He’s best in the centre of the pitch.

Ashley R1+O

Trying too hard, you can see he just needs a hole to slot into and relax into what he's doing. Superb assist, a moment of class.

RedDevilRoshi

Fantastic assist.

Other than that I think he was trying a bit too hard when he came on but with the way Lingard, Rashford and Martial have played since Ole has come in, you can tell he really wanted to make a massive contribution in order to get himself into the starting eleven as those three are probably right now our starting front 3.

I believe once he gets himself back to full fitness and gets a few games under his belt, he will really thrive under Ole. The same way Lingard, Rashford and Martial have performed under Ole. One thing is for sure, he looks hungry to do well for us and wants to be part of this setup.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I believe something as obvious as this should be simple.

It will matter when we try and fit in back into the team. Would you take out Martial or Rashford to start Sanchez if he isn’t comfortable on the right side of our attack?
My point is, that has nothing to do with the positions he took up last night. He wasn’t asked to play on the right, yet you appear to be using the fact that he did not take up positions on the right against Newcastle as testimony that he can’t play there. My point is that he wasn’t asked to.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
My point is, that has nothing to do with the positions he took up last night. He wasn’t asked to play on the right, yet you appear to be using the fact that he did not take up positions on the right against Newcastle as testimony that he can’t play there. My point is that he wasn’t asked to.
i m using it as one of many other indicators that he is more comfortable on the left than he is on the right.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hopefully, Ole doesn't make Mourinho's mistake again and replaces Martial with Sanchez. Play Sanchez on the right or don't play him.

Even though he still looks like he's definitely lost all pace/acceleration, he still has an insanely creative brain that would work wonders in this new attacking set up if we can put up with him losing the ball more than anyone else on the team.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
There's still a world class player in there somewhere. Hopefully Ole can get the best out of him again.

meamth

Alexis was in that group of hugs too.

Mcking

I have that feeling that Sanchez will end up displacing Martial on the left. His style just wouldn't fit the right side, and I think on form, he is more effective than Martial. Factor in the ego, player power, influence and all that, I feel Martial will be the one to fight for a right side spot, unless Sanchez is played up front or doesn't hit form.

Patrick08

He should start the next game I feel. Get his match fitness and minutes under the belt before Tottenham game. You can not expect a player who came from long abscense to instantly hit the ground running.

Patrick08

I have that feeling that Sanchez will end up displacing Martial on the left. His style just wouldn't fit the right side, and I think on form, he is more effective than Martial. Factor in the ego, player power, influence and all that, I feel Martial will be the one to fight for a right side spot, unless Sanchez is played up front or doesn't hit form.
I think we should play a 4312 /442 diamond/ fluid interchangeable 433 with Sanchez sitting in behind our strikers and drifting all over the pitch.

RayK47

Looked good when he came on. Him, Rashford and Lingard would be a very hard working front 3.
Good competition for Martial who can get complacent.
He will start against Reading, at least get 60 minutes and if he performs well, will start ahead of Martial on the left against Tottenham, or maybe on the right.

Mcking

I think we should play a 4312 /442 diamond/ fluid interchangeable 433 with Sanchez sitting in behind our strikers and drifting all over the pitch.
I fear Sanchez and Pogba will be getting in each others way. They are two players that love getting on the ball and having big responsibilities when on the ball. I wouldn't have Pogba too wide or too deep too.

Josh 76

Just not going to happen for him. I know he's just come back from a lengthy lay off, but he's lost that spark. He s definitely lost a yard of pace and everything he does, passing, dribbling or running off the ball, all seem to not come naturally. It's like his brain is wanting to do it, but his body won't let him.
Big shame. It reminds me so much of Torres.

Just not going to happen for him. I know he's just come back from a lengthy lay off, but he's lost that spark. He s definitely lost a yard of pace and everything he does, passing, dribbling or running off the ball, all seem to not come naturally. It's like his brain is wanting to do it, but his body won't let him.
Big shame. It reminds me so much of Torres.
Looks like it to me too. Maybe it will come with more games but looks like it might be over for him. Its like his feet and mind are out of sync.

Eddy_JukeZ

He didn't look good bar the assist.

I don't think he can play out wide anymore. He has to be central.

UpWithRivers

I thought he did well. He wasnt getting anything out wide the first 20 mins - Yedlin? was it did a good job. He frustrated Martial for the fist 60 mins or so. But Sanchez used his experience and he came more centrally and started being involved more. Considering he has just come back off injury, it was a solid performance.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's going to disrupt our attack all over again

EwanI Ted

Didn’t do much imo, but his composure on the pass for the goal just shows his experience in front of goal. He needs game time to get back to fitness before we can judge if he’s a spent force or not. Really hope he can come back to form because he’s been such a good player and without him we’re a bit short of numbers up front.

Frank Grimes

Good to see Martial has some competition for the left flank again. Beautiful assist but have to say he was running around like his brain couldn't keep up with his feet for the majority of his cameo. Still have to be reasonable, first game back and I'm sure he'll benefit as much as anyone from Ole's secret magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.