Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Disappointing he was out last night, we had absolutely zero on the bench to change things around.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
As an Arsenal supporter I am sad to see him struggle this much in Man Utd. I do not follow UTD closely so I don't know what went wrong, but i remember he was such a good player and a fighter for us. Just too bad he "outgrew" the club and arsenal is "too small the pond for the big fish". He played his best football for us when Wenger played him as striker.

thegaffa

Supports
Chelsea
They keep saying he’s not physically right but didn’t Mourinho say he had a great pre season and should hit the ground running? Can’t see how he can be fit in pre season then not physically right the next.

El Zoido

Mirror saying he's ready to quit in January and wants to move to PSG.
I wouldn’t be surprised, shades of Di Maria. That this could happen once is bad enough, but there’s something seriously wrong for it to happen again. I’d be amazed if he didn’t want to leave, the transfer has been a disaster.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If he's going to PSG can't we do a swap deal with one of their players plus cash? There's a few there who would be alright for us.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Would be a good move for all concerned. He doesn’t fit into our attacking system (no attacker does) but he’d be great for PSG. Unless the Board are planning for a new manager.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wouldn't blink an eye if he left tbh.

Haven't taken to him at all and he's been rubbish apart from city away.

Schneckerl

Would love it if he fecked off to PSG. That would be such a win for us.
I've seen the rumors, but don't understand why they would take him. Not eligible for the CL and they can their youth players for Ligue 1 rotational purposes in the 2nd half of the season.

MrEleson

I've seen the rumors, but don't understand why they would take him. Not eligible for the CL and they can their youth players for Ligue 1 rotational purposes in the 2nd half of the season.
That cup-tied rule doesn’t hold anymore.

Or someone correct me if I’m wrong?

He wouldn’t improve them though. The kind of player he is, he’ll just get in the way of Neymar and the likes. Might be a very good bench option though. Unless he plays as a ST but even then they still don’t need him.

Ether

You can pass the ball to someone outside the box, they take a speculative shot and that counts as a 'chance created'. Meaningless stat.

Ether

Yeah, and when was the last time you saw us take a speculative shot?
The point is that what Opta and others consider to be a chance is subjective at best. It's not as if we're seeing Alexis put chances on a plate for teammates that end up missing every game, we'd all agree this team creates very few clear cut chances consistently.

Roboc7

It’s obvious he must regret joining us and we probably regret signing him. Best option would be to offload him but I don’t see anyone taking on those wages unless we are prepared to let him go for virtually nothing.

red4ever 79

It’s obvious he must regret joining us and we probably regret signing him. Best option would be to offload him but I don’t see anyone taking on those wages unless we are prepared to let him go for virtually nothing.
Completely agree with you. I actually think we may see him depart in January the way things are going. The manager is clearly not happy, the player is clearly not happy. Only one outcome there

HailtotheKing

Before we ditch him, I’d like to see how he gets on up front. And I’d like to do the same with other attackers if Jose goes, before just basing everything on Jose. Otherwise we risk another Di Maria. He was doing great until that Leicester game. And so were we. I’ll never forgive Vardy for that. He single handedly derailed our football, Di Maria, and Rafael. Nice little hatrick.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Now only if he didn't also hold the record for most ball possession loss in the league we might have a half decent player. He has annihilated all our attacking rhythm since joining the club.

tieunhilang

Before you guys slated him, think for a moment:

Di Maria arrived: Great! Better get a MOTM in Champions League final rather than Sanchez. He knows how to perform in big stage.
Di Maria flopped: Should have gone for Sanchez instead. He got the physical stature to fit the Premier League.
Sanchez arrived: Great! He's proven in the Premier League.
Sanchez in doubt: Shouldn't have gone for him at all!

Isn't it time we take a hard look at ourselves (The team) and think may be the problem isn't exactly those players but us?

HailtotheKing

Before you guys slated him, think for a moment:

Di Maria arrived: Great! Better get a MOTM in Champions League final rather than Sanchez. He knows how to perform in big stage.
Di Maria flopped: Should have gone for Sanchez instead. He got the physical stature to fit the Premier League.
Sanchez arrived: Great! He's proven in the Premier League.
Sanchez in doubt: Shouldn't have gone for him at all!

Isn't it time we take a hard look at ourselves (The team) and think may be the problem isn't exactly those players but us?
Exactly. And that’s the thing. Di Maria was brilliant for us at the start. He was virtually unplayable. Then after the Leicester game Van Gaal changed his whole “philosophy” and from that point onwards we reverted to shit defensive safety first football. Up till that point we were playing really good attacking football.

Di Maria, Memphis, Martial, Rashford, Sanchez. Are they all crap? Or is it the managers / tactics?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don't just guess Dma...

Jose Mourinho says @JesseLingard and @McTominay10 could feature against Everton but @DalotDiogo, @Fellaini and @Alexis_Sanchezremain absent. #MUFC
Hmmm, now I'm confused.

This was the squad posted in the updates from the match day thread:
United squad to face Everton

Lingard is back, but will he go straight back into the team?

Goalkeepers (3): David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant
Defenders (6): Victor Lindelof, Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw, Matteo Darmian, Ashley Young
Midfielders (6): Fred, Scott McTominay, Nemanja Matic, Paul Pogba, Andreas Pereira, Ander Herrera
Forwards (6): Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Romelu Lukaku, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata

Hmmm, now I'm confused.

This was the squad posted in the updates from the match day thread:
United squad to face Everton

Lingard is back, but will he go straight back into the team?

Goalkeepers (3): David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant
Defenders (6): Victor Lindelof, Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw, Matteo Darmian, Ashley Young
Midfielders (6): Fred, Scott McTominay, Nemanja Matic, Paul Pogba, Andreas Pereira, Ander Herrera
Forwards (6): Alexis Sanchez, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Romelu Lukaku, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata
Ooooooh great news if true, hopefully then Mourinho was just bullshitting us.

RedStarUnited

I dont think he is going anywhere.

Interested to see where he ends up playing though. Surely not even Jose is silly enough to drop Martial now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The only position for him in this team is up front. He's not a winger anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.