g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So it seems that Chelsea in a strong position too. What worries me if the both deals are similar, Alexis might like to stay in London,no?
His wages are well over Chelsea's top earners and with them trying to renew Courtois and Hazard's contracts at the moment, they're not gonna do this.

DdeGoat

Mourinho talked about wanting to keep the number of the players in the squad at 22 so I can't see Darmian going unless someone else is being brought in.
We have more than enough with Joel and McTominay, right? Or do you expect Carrick and Zlatan to not play a part from now on?

Sir A1ex

He’s still crying :lol:

Poor old ball bag.

Does anybody seriously believe that players (with the possible exception of CR) think like that? Or are they smart enough to realise that wages keep going up, and a player who signs a couple of years after them will get a bit more money, but that isn't some kind of slight on their ability and they'll doubtless get more still next time?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We have more than enough with Joel and McTominay, right? Or do you expect Carrick and Zlatan to not play a part from now on?
Mourinho's the one who specifically mentioned 22 though we have 23 outfield players.

AXEL TUANZEBE

"I have a squad of 22 players and I want to keep the squad of 22 players. Maybe, just because I want to make the kid a good player and I'm not giving him the chances the chances I am giving to Scott McTominay, Axel Tuanzebe [could go out on loan] because he plays in a position where I have so many players. Today on the bench I had Marcos Rojo and Lindelof and Bailly is still in recovery so I'm not giving the chances to Axel. So Axel is probably the only one I can leave the open door for him to go and play [elsewhere] because I believe he is a really good talent, and he needs to go and play. But apart from that, we need the numbers we have, because we are playing in the Champions League, FA Cup and Premier League. I have to keep the number of players we have."

kotha

This tread keeps running!!

Anyway new day and my watch begins now.. Hopefully today's the day we get him..

Good start to the day with Gary Neville busting some myths on twitter..

Slevs

likes to play with penises
People criticizing my Armenian prince Mkhi, you's are all fecking idiots

M4YON

Only reddcafe can morph

Into OMG CHELSEA ARE IN A STONG POSITION!!!

:lol::lol:
A few sources relaying that Chelsea are trying to hijack the deal.

Sky Sports last night
Telegraph this morning

Even Mourinho hinted there were other clubs in the running for Sanchez in his post match interview last night.

Who knows, maybe they ARE trying to hijack the deal?

Peanut Butter

Couple of friends I have that live in Manchester have heard Micky has agreed terms with Arsenal - that's the office chat.

SirAnderson

Sky Sports last night
Telegraph this morning

Even Mourinho hinted there were other clubs in the running for Sanchez in his post match interview last night.

Trying to hijack and being in a strong position is very different.

BarstoolProphet

Sky Sports last night
Telegraph this morning

Based on the City briefing.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Sky Sports last night
Telegraph this morning

The whole Chelsea thing started because City briefed they THINK that Chelsea are also trying to sign him with a late bid.

There is no proof they have done tho and people with good Chelsea sources have said they've heard nothing either.

izec

I understand why some think him downtooling and showing a bad attitude is not good. Usually i would agree, but he is competitive and a winner in fairness. Even a half arsed Sanchez was better than the rest of the team. He doesnt fit Arsenal at all, especially mentality wise and being happy with top 4 must suck for someone wanting more. He will fit us and Jose like a glove, mentality wise for sure, the opposite of Mkhi basically.

montpelier

I reckon the wages get to be relevant once the big stars go in to get their contracts renewed. Not that money matters much if the club can afford it. However stupid the level of pay these guys get is ridiculous.

Minus side: Sanchez is an 'orrible playacting knobhead

Plus side: Mkhitaryan leaving, he's been awful & we get to laugh at Arsenal

Peanut Butter

Where from though? not seen any news source saying anything like that on Twitter.
My friends, actual people. I usually wouldn't bother posting this kind of thing but one of the lads is same guy who told me Pogba was done way before it was announced (he has a few friends at the club).

Not saying I am ITK! I am not in any way. I am still very sceptical, just passing on the gossip.

Mihai92

So, is Chelsea after him or all this story is just clickbait subject? Comeon, Jose, announce it already:devil:.

BigdaftGorby

Everyone who has a twitter account needs to get on ballbags account the minute Sanchez signs and just hashtag something real salty, #feckuandpepssaltyballs

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Imagine if Mkhitaryan doesn’t sign for them. It’s going to be awkward seeing him in a united shirt.
Dont think he stays beyond summer anyway, if sanchez comes and Mkhi doesnt leave, he will rarely play, maybe only in a meaningless game, although there might not be any of them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.