Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Fledged

We got Micky for 26 mil though after his best season and he's clearly regressed since then.
The market has exploded since then. Mkhi is better than Sigurdsson and he went for £45 million. We would get that because we want to sell the player rather than a club trying to lure him away but £35m should be bottom line.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I hope he does well at Arsenal, that doesn't mean i hope Arsenal does well. 10 goals and 10 assists for Mkhi, while Arsenal grab the last EL-spot :smirk:
Fair enough, in my world though I hope he does well enough to not get thrown away but far away from well enough to have a effect on Arsenal winning any trophies (although the chances of that are so slim it's hardly worth mentioning). :p

iam_kramer

Agreed. I don't blame any of the players that have left Liverpool or Arsenal in the last 10 years.

You gotta feel for the Club losing top assets without getting money for them but that's football I guess.
Sterling a prime example, he got leathered during the match the other day, which was quite funny I'll admit, but he'll win much more at City than at Liverpool.

Skåre Willoch

Because how dare he look out for his career and take time agreeing personal terms. He should accept whatever and please the impatient United fans!
He should push for a bad deal for himself immediately, and apologize to us asap for taking so long.

stepic

Some truth in that, but we'd be getting the better end of a swap, no question. Contract situation taken into account, it would be a great piece of business.
whoever is able to take advantage of Sanchez's contract situation is getting the better deal, because he's available at a cut price. that's almost besides the point.

the question is whether Mhki is worth c.£35m. Ignore Sanchez. if Arsenal like the player and think he's worth it (i.e. they won't be able to spend £35m on another player of equal talent in January - and, frankly, they probably can't) then it's a good deal for them too.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The situation at the club isn't that bad as everyone is making it out to be. I think one of the root causes of their problems on the pitch was Sanchez. The players didn't trust him and it was clear as day. Some players weren't passing to him (Ramsey for example), they hardly celebrated his goals with him and a lot of other players weren't happy with his antics in training either. Getting rid of him is better than keeping him around but I guess the perception of most players is that the team is regressing. They'd have to pay crazy wages get top players though.
Even if that is true, which I'm not sure is, you'd have to ask yourself how Arsenal have let that situation come about.

Fully Fledged

Mhikitaryan would be a terrific player for Wenger's side. I'm a huge fan of Mhiki and wanted him to succeed here but it's just so happens that he just doesn't fit Jose's philosophy. Hopefully Raiola doesn't create some sort of issue with regards to wages and prevent the deal from going through. I honestly think we wouldn't have gotten much for Mhiki given his age and current form. In all, I think both parties (Arsenal and United) benefited in the end. United are getting a player that fits in well and so does Arsenal. In fact, Arsenal are getting a quality player without having to get the money and actually buying one after. They could have easily lost Sanchez for free over the summer. They almost got Mhiki for free if you look at it.
If he's now saying that the deal was his idea then he would look foolish if he failed to close it out. Looking foolish is not good for business.

Giggs86

We've got to handle this one carefully, as Raiola also represents Pogba. He's already taken Pog away from us once.

No point getting Sánchez and losing an even better player as a consequence.
Raiola is Pogba's agent, not his boss. Raiola works for Pogba, not the other way around.
Raiola is a greedy bastard who cares only for his bottom line.

stepic

Even if that is true, which I'm not sure is, you'd have to ask yourself how Arsenal have let that situation come about.
they should have started negotiations with Lemar far earlier in the summer. they would have rid themselves of a player that didn't want to be there, and had a quality, younger replacement for only about £25-30m more. just bad negotiating from Arsenal all round.

has worked out well for us though.

SirAF

Ageist
Raiola is Pogba's agent, not his boss. Raiola works for Pogba, not the other way around.
Raiola is a greedy bastard who cares only for his bottom line.
Yup. When Pogba extends his contract it's going to be monster deal that will make Raiola very happy.

jasT1981

If Mkhitaryan refuses, and costs United the chance of signing Sanchez, is there anyway back for him? I would imagine in the eyes of Jose this would be the end of him in the team, sitting out the rest of the season on the bench, in the stands and at home.

Luciano Venturini

If it's only Mkhitaryan holding up the deal I feel it will be almost certainly complete soon.

Sooner or later he has to realise that a move to Arsenal will be the more beneficial. He will be a regular starter and in a team that suits his style of play. No doubt he is an elite level player and has shown flashes of brilliance at United but unfortunately never had the consistency required. Think he'll do well at Arsenal.

Inter Yer Nan

I think Micky would do well at Arsenal. He probably suits them and Wenger more and is a very talented player. Perhaps doesn't quite have the mentality for a club like United or a manager like Jose but I think he'll really help Arsenal out next season especially if they can add someone like Aubumeyang.

Cypriot

Mkhi being only one year younger (turns 29 in 13 days), makes this a very sweet deal. The difference in talent is huge. No hard feelings with Mkhi though, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy but it just didn't work out.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
they should have started negotiations with Lemar far earlier in the summer. they would have rid themselves of a player that didn't want to be there, and had a quality, younger replacement for only about £25-30m more. just bad negotiating from Arsenal all round.

has worked out well for us though.
It didn't help that City waited til the last minute. Seems Wenger had blind faith in Sanchez staying.

But even before that, to let your best players get into their last 12 months of a contract is bad. Okay, the players don't want to sign. Then ask why.

Nick7

Mkhi being only one year younger (turns 29 in 13 days), makes this a very sweet deal. The difference in talent is huge. No hard feelings with Mkhi though, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy but it just didn't work out.
Sanchez turned 29 last month.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
He doesn’t have to be I think the boss has made it clear to him privatley, he’s not in his future plan I.e. he has to go.
Fine, but has to go doesn't mean has to go where we tell him.

James Peril

He is 1 whole month younger mate...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Mkhi being only one year younger (turns 29 in 13 days),[/B] makes this a very sweet deal. The difference in talent is huge. No hard feelings with Mkhi though, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy but it just didn't work out.
So like 6 weeks younger.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
At this stage it's gotta be the shittest meeting ever to be in, hasn't it?

Unless you're one of the agents, waiting for the payday.

Craig Ward

Huge contract for a 29yr old who plays his best on the left where Martial plays. I suspect we'll have to play Sanchez on the right, which he can do. Which makes a Luca Moura/Bale deal unlikely.

Jose clearly doesn't rate Miki so represents an ok deal, not fantastic. Sanchez will decline in a year or so due to his age. And he strikes me as a down tools kinda guy, so lets hope he stays happy during his stay here or he'll stink the place out with his attitude.

We need to get the best out of him for 2-3 years and ship him off to china or America who will pay his high wages. Hopefully it works out good.

I think miki will excel and prove what a good player he is. Shame it hasn't worked for him here

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Mkhi is one month younger. Not one year.

Alexis was born on 19th December 1988
Mkhi born on 21st Jan 1989

RedCurry

A bit pedantic but Sanchez was born 33 days before Mkhitryan. They are the same age. But only one of them is amongst the best in the league.

whoever is able to take advantage of Sanchez's contract situation is getting the better deal, because he's available at a cut price. that's almost besides the point.

the question is whether Mhki is worth c.£35m. Ignore Sanchez. if Arsenal like the player and think he's worth it (i.e. they won't be able to spend £35m on another player of equal talent in January - and, frankly, they probably can't) then it's a good deal for them too.
I see your logic certainly. I just happen to think going from £35 million, to Miki plus cash, then to a straight swap for Miki, would represent movement in our favour on the deal. We get a much better player and remove Miki's wage. I'll be very happy if we manage it, though I do think Miki is a very good player, albeit a confidence player who currently has no confidence.

SirAF

Ageist

Yes... Because if you're raiola or pogba you'd reject the tens of millions you'd get from your job
Not sure what point you are trying to make! Pretty certain we're on the same side of the conclusion :lol:

DannyDee

We've got to handle this one carefully, as Raiola also represents Pogba. He's already taken Pog away from us once.

No point getting Sánchez and losing an even better player as a consequence.
Pogba left because of playing time, and Ferguson hated agents like Raiola (for understandable reasons). Since Fergie left, we've worked more with agents as its the necessary evil to get star players (it cost us Hazard).

In the current marketplace, it is in Raiola's best interest to remain of great terms with Woodward and whoever our manager is. We have no issue paying massive agents fees or wages. Prior to 2014, we were much more strict in our approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.