Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizy

That's alright, but the other way round should also be accepted then, shouldn't it? Top players leaving a team in decline not where it used to be, without the fan vitriol. Players, like clubs, also must be ruthless, they have a short career and they want success.
Agreed. I don't blame any of the players that have left Liverpool or Arsenal in the last 10 years.

You gotta feel for the Club losing top assets without getting money for them but that's football I guess.

Ox and Walcott weren't loses. They were sold and rightfully so. Most people (including you i presume) were clamouring for them to get rid of their mediocre players. Sanchez needs to go as he's a cancer on and off the pitch for the team. The only player I think they should pay crazy money to keep is Ozil. As good as Sanchez is, I think the Arsenal team would be better without him.
You can't be serious. You think Arsenal will be better without Sanchez?

By the way, I want Arsenal to keep their mediocre players and sign more of them :D

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Because how dare he look out for his career and take time agreeing personal terms. He should accept whatever and please the impatient United fans!
:lol:

Nailed it so hard it hurts.

Danny Roberts

Straight swap doesn't seem far off IMO. The contract is the issue. Sanchez would be £100m if he was on a long deal. Problem is, if Mik wants to play football, he'll face a lot of competition at Arsenal too unless he fancies a stint as a holding midfielder!

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
What a deal this would be if Woodward pulls off a straight swap.

prateik

Isn't that kind of implying it is a straight swap, but its not that the clubs think the players are at the same level. Sanchez' transfer fee is low because is contract is almost over and United are in a position to ask for more for Mikhi, if not from Arsenal, then elsewhere.

So basically a straight swap.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
So wait,

This entire deal hinges on Mkhitaryan agreeing to terms with Arsenal? What the in hell? It's a no go then, who the hell wants to play for Arsenal lol.
The situation at the club isn't that bad as everyone is making it out to be. I think one of the root causes of their problems on the pitch was Sanchez. The players didn't trust him and it was clear as day. Some players weren't passing to him (Ramsey for example), they hardly celebrated his goals with him and a lot of other players weren't happy with his antics in training either. Getting rid of him is better than keeping him around but I guess the perception of most players is that the team is regressing. They'd have to pay crazy wages get top players though.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'm all for a deal involving Mkhi - especially for his own sake. But why the sudden blasting of him?
He's not behaving badly. He's remained professional through long stints on the bench/ in the stands. He doesn't show any signs of bad attitude.
He was a bad fit at United, that is all. I hope he does well at Arsenal or whereever he ends up, shame he couldn't recreate his form for Dortmund with us.
Agree with this, except for the bolded part.
As not-good as Mkhitaryan has been for us, he's been a professional.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Right we shall see but I still don't believe Arsenal will just swap their best player for an out of form Mkhitaryan without any money also coming their way.

It will be money + Mkhitaryan for Sanchez mark my words.
Mkhi + us subsidizing half of his wages, perhaps, if it's true that he's on 200k (ridiculous - we really couldn't attract him from a smaller club for less than tripling his former wages?).

deafepl

Chelsea and Arsenal are United's official feeder club, shall we make a move for City's best player?

stepic

He's not. But if you truly believe that, I'll accept it as a difference in opinion and leave it at that.
we bought Mhki for £27m and that was considered a cheap deal as he didn't have long left on his contract. Sigurdsson went for £50m, Arnautović for £25m. Mhki has shown glimpses of being a quality player, and is a better player than both of them.

I think you're undervaluing him but yeah, let's agree to disagree.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I put Sky Sports News on, to see if they were running with this nonsense on air and all I'll say is, this Rachel Wyse presenter is out of this world. Sign her up.
Dublin's finest.

Minimalist

Isn't that kind of implying it is a straight swap, but its not that the clubs think the players are at the same level. Sanchez' transfer fee is low because is contract is almost over and United are in a position to ask for more for Mikhi, if not from Arsenal, then elsewhere.

Yeah I don't think anyone who agrees a straight swap is fair, thinks Miki is the same value on the pitch as Sanchez (based off recent history anyway).

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Ffs I last looked at this thread last night before sleep.

Been to work, resisted to look at it all day....just looked now and there’s nothing happened, thought this would be signed, sealed and delivered now.

United Pro

Its not that easy:
1) Sanchez is desired by all the topclubs in the Uk - Mkhitaryan isn't anymore
2) Sanchez has shown that he can play in the P.L - Mkhitaryan has only shown short glimpses

So I think we are lucky if we get a straight swap - I would not complain if we had to pay £15-20 million
Yes, that's true. But, we got Miki for £26m when he had only 1 year left on his contract (if he had 2+ years left, he'd have cost closer to £50m given the season he had just had at Dortmund). Miki also started the season in incredible form, but his level dropped and he's been out of the squad in recent months, but clearly there's a very good player there. Sanchez is obviously a top 5 player in the league, but he hasn't hit the heights of last season these past few months, so there is a risk that he won't perform at that level in a new team.
On your point about all top clubs in the UK wanting him, City weren't willing to spend more than £20m for him and I'd doubt any other club would be willing to pay the agent fees, signing on bonus and the wages Sanchez and his agent want. So, that theoretically limits the fee Arsenal can ask for Sanchez.
Will all things considered, Sanchez for Miki straight swap is a decent deal for all parties and the ridicule on here is a little extreme imo.

stepic

You have to consider the current form of both players and what they have achieved in the Prem to date, Sanchez is streets ahead in both departments

We're getting a Prem proven world class footballer, Arsenal are getting a potentially world class player. I'm surprised it's a straight swap.
we're only getting Sanchez so cheap because of his contract. otherwise he would be worth at least twice the amount we're paying. of course Sanchez is the better player, but he's leaving for free in 6 months.

RedCurry

City bid for Sanchez: £25m
United bid for Sanchez: £27m
United value Mkhitryan: £35m
United will write off the extra £8m on Mkhitryan's transfer value to subsidize his wage demands.
United to pay to agent: £5m from their own pocket.

Source: absolute feck all. But I am as credible as 99% of the sources being posted here.

red thru&thru

If Raiola said he suggested this 6 weeks ago, I’m sure thsi deal has been going on for a while. This will be sorted soon. Especially as Mkhi wouldn’t be against the idea of joining Arsenal.

beingshe7don

Mhikitaryan would be a terrific player for Wenger's side. I'm a huge fan of Mhiki and wanted him to succeed here but it's just so happens that he just doesn't fit Jose's philosophy. Hopefully Raiola doesn't create some sort of issue with regards to wages and prevent the deal from going through. I honestly think we wouldn't have gotten much for Mhiki given his age and current form. In all, I think both parties (Arsenal and United) benefited in the end. United are getting a player that fits in well and so does Arsenal. In fact, Arsenal are getting a quality player without having to get the money and actually buying one after. They could have easily lost Sanchez for free over the summer. They almost got Mhiki for free if you look at it.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Hmm.

Bournemouth 2 - 1 Arsenal. This suggests otherwise.
I'm hardly talking about that. They've lost games with him playing so I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm talking about the dynamics between him and his other teammates. It's no secret that most of the squad wants him gone.

United Pro

we're only getting Sanchez so cheap because of his contract. otherwise he would be worth at least twice the amount we're paying. of course Sanchez is the better player, but he's leaving for free in 6 months.
I think some are criminally underrating Miki and understating Sanchez's contract situation.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
So wait,

This entire deal hinges on Mkhitaryan agreeing to terms with Arsenal? What the in hell? It's a no go then, who the hell wants to play for Arsenal lol.
I know you're having a joke but even still it seems Aubameyang is going to join them. I wonder why a player of his quality is willing to do so in the current environment? I guess it's still a step up from Dortmund right now particularly due to being side-lined right now as result of apparent behavioural issues. That being said you'd think he might have some other offers to consider.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Yeah but I think he was trying to say how Arsenal aren't hard done by in this scenario. They exchange a player who they won't own for much longer with one who they can sign for 4 years, and might be very effective for them.

stepic

We got Micky for 26 mil though after his best season and he's clearly regressed since then.
we got him cheap because he didn't have long left on his contract with Dortmund, IIRC.

he hasn't regressed, it's just not the right fit for him. I don't think £35m in the current market is that crazy for him. Wenger probably thinks his style of player will suit Arsenal more, and it will mean £35m is a bargain.

how much do you think he's worth? Walcott price? lol. Walcott has never reached the heights Mhki has.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
We got Micky for 26 mil though after his best season and he's clearly regressed since then.
He had 12 months on contract and BVB wanted to get cash while they could. Someone from the club said as much.

He's not regressed either. He's a bloody good footballer but hasn't played his best football consistently under Jose for whatever reason(s).

Skåre Willoch

Agree with this, except for the bolded part.
As not-good as Mkhitaryan has been for us, he's been a professional.
I hope he does well at Arsenal, that doesn't mean i hope Arsenal does well. 10 goals and 10 assists for Mkhi, while Arsenal grab the last EL-spot :smirk:

Sterling Archer

If Raiola said he suggested this 6 weeks ago, I’m sure thsi deal has been going on for a while. This will be sorted soon. Especially as Mkhi wouldn’t be against the idea of joining Arsenal.
Can't help recalling that interview in the summer was it, where Jose was asked about Morata and 'mistakenly' named Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.