g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

I think Liverpool have overpaid for Ox but atleast with Ox he is still a young player and if the trainer sees potential and develops it than that money can be more than earned back.

Mkhitaryan is nearing 30, it is a different story with him. If you spend money on an older player it is because you want an immediate impact on the pitch. Given Mkhitaryan's form that immediate impact is less than certain for anybody who would sign him right now and hence it massively lowers his transfer value.

Sanchez deal is different because Arsenal know there are multiple clubs that want him and those clubs all want him because he is a top tier attacker from whom you can expect an immediate impact. His value is very high even with an ending contract, imo alot higher than Mkhitaryan.
Well you're just wrong but okay. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I doubt it'd be a straight swap. Probably going to be like 15m and Miki. Guessing this is all just posturing from Raiola so his client doesn't completely lose all value and seem like a worthless piece as part of the Sanchez deal. He does shit like this every time someone is buying someone, say it's not close or still loads to do and then 2 days later he signs.

Basso

The 5 % of the transfer fee that is distributed to former clubs Cobreloa and Udinese, will be difficult to calculate in a straight swap deal haha!

Fully Fledged

Weren't there other very trustworthy articles saying he has up to £90m to spend this month should he want it?

Also I'm quite certain that the mandate changes dramatically when a player like Sanchez becomes available.
It might but the BBC are still saying that Man Utd are insisting that the deal includes Mkhi. That seems like it's still1 out for 1 in to me.

Quizierda

Arsenal should pay Mkhi what he demands - he will win them the EL and bring them back to CL.
So do it Arsene! :lol:

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Mkhi is easily a £30-40m player in this market. That’s just common sense to me.

So the deal doesn’t happen until Mino gets paid and Mkhi gets compensation on his current contract as he probably won’t get the same at Arsenal.
So you expect Sanchez and money from Arsenal for a 29 year old player you all call a bum?

Whoever is in charge of player recruitment and contracts at Arsenal should be sacked. They've lost Oxlade-Chamberlain and are about to lose Walcott and Sanchez. Ozil will be gone by summer at the latest. Selling clubs will know Arsenal are desperate for signings and will hold them to ransom. They've made a total balls up of it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
From what I can gather from recent developments the deal will probably be like this.
Mkhitaryan is on 140k according to most sources; which over 2.5 years (his contract) equates to £21m. Riola has come out guns blazing and will definitely get what he wants which will include an agent fee and us paying out Mkhitaryan's contract.

That means we will give £20-25m + Mkhi + agent fee for Sanchez.

This will mean that Arsenal can pay Mkhitaryan the 140k plus a little more that can be taken from the money they will save from Sanchez' wages.

We are effectively doing a straight player swap; but subsidizing Mkhitaryan's wages for 2.5 years. AKA we are paying Mkhitaryan off to go to Arsenal, or let him be 5th choice right back.

Seveneric

A straight swap, no cash deal and I'm just going to assume Arsenal are either very daft or Woodward has incriminating pictures of Kroenke or something. That deal makes no sense, for Arsenal obviously.

Roux

Raiola said this deal (Sanchez for Mhki) was proposed 6 weeks ago. That's insane.

Minimalist

I think Miki + £5-10m to sweeten the deal would be more than fair. Arsenal would getting a good deal with that. A straight swap is fair too when you look at the detail but I imagine us giving them some cash might help them get things over the line.

Let's face it, they were probably half expecting to lose him for nothing.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Whoever is in charge of player recruitment and contracts at Arsenal should be sacked. They've lost Oxlade-Chamberlain and are about to lose Walcott and Sanchez. Ozil will be gone by summer at the latest. Selling clubs will know Arsenal are desperate for signings and will hold them to ransom. They've made a total balls up of it.
Getting almost 60m for both Walcott and Ox is good business in my opinion.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Well you're just wrong but okay. :lol:
Right we shall see but I still don't believe Arsenal will just swap their best player for an out of form Mkhitaryan without any money also coming their way.

It will be money + Mkhitaryan for Sanchez mark my words.

Minimalist

Right we shall see but I still don't believe Arsenal will just swap their best player for an out of form Mkhitaryan without any money also coming their way.

It probably will be some cash as well but I don't think that's indicative of anything but Arsenal not wanting to look like idiots (they already do and will no matter what happens).

You're putting very little value on the fact he's worth nothing (transfer fee) in six months time. He's not worth much more than Miki who has a 2.5 year contract left. His (Miki) scorpion kick alone puts him above a £30m rated player. :lol:

iam_kramer

This Mkhitaryan situation reminds me a tad of the 'loyalty' discussion around football. Fans are usually incensed when players don't show utmost loyalty to their clubs, but clubs sometimes show very little loyalty to their players too.
Mkhitaryan may not want to play for Arsenal.

stepic

A straight swap, no cash deal and I'm just going to assume Arsenal are either very daft or Woodward has incriminating pictures of Kroenke or something. That deal makes no sense, for Arsenal obviously.
we were going to offer £35m for Sanchez.

Mhki is worth £35m. Arsenal clearly like him. what's daft about it? they effectively get Mhki on a long term deal for free, instead of having a sulking Sanchez leave in the summer.

Zlatattack

We have plenty of Mhkitaryan to give away and we're not short of cash either.

Maybe we could throw in Blind, Darmain and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson for Bellerin? Arsene loves a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.