Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

Woodward deserves a statue if that happens. Plus, I hope if this is the case, the Glazers don't restrict our spending on another Ozil/Griezmann/Dybala type attacker in the summer.

Rumors of City's interest in Griezmann are ominous. He should either come to us or feck off to Barca.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
If that deal is true then it should really stop all this crowing about the insane money we're supposedly paying.

No transfer fee + Mkhi off the wage bill would be quite a bargain if we pull it off. I do imagine we'll have to cover some of his wages but still it's hardly the £35m they were talking about on MNF.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Makes sense in all honesty.

No idea why Miki would suddenly be worth feck all regardless of his form. Decent length of contract to run, has delivered bits of magic at times so potential remains under a new manager.

If Sanchez is only worth £35m with 6 months to go, then I don't know why Miki isn't worth the same (could definitely get more for him if he was in better form). I mean fecking AOC went for £40m don't forget.
I think we would struggle to find a club willing to pay £35m for Mkhitaryan given his salary and his form. He isn't a hot player in the market and his salary will be a huge cost for whoever signs him. If he would need to cost £35m with such a salary that is money I'd prefer to spend on other younger players if I had to make the decision.

Sir A1ex

I think we would struggle to find a club willing to pay £35m for Mkhitaryan given his salary and his form. He isn't a hot player in the market and his salary will be a huge cost for whoever signs him. If he would need to cost £35m with such a salary that is money I'd prefer to spend on other younger players if I had to make the decision.
On the other hand, Jonny Evans is talked about as a £30m player these days, for perspective.

Silas

But surely Arsenal would then be better served reverting to a £35 million fee and leaving Miki out of it. Cash plus Miki I can understand, even when taking Sanchez's contract situation into account; but a straight swap would be a poor deal for Arsenal. I still think it will be cash plus Miki.
Who could Arsenal buy in January with £35m? Not many options when it comes to playmakers.

Minimalist

You're not living in the same reality as me then. United may have historically given their players away for peanuts but thankfully that's stopped post-Fergie.

If AOC goes to Liverpool for £40m, then you can clearly sell Miki (even stinking the place out as he has recently) for £30-40m regardless of his wages.

If United give Arsenal Miki AND cash, Arsenal have done very well out of that deal (with the current circumstances anyway).

MDFC Manager

Who could Arsenal buy in January with £35m? Not many options when it comes to playmakers.
When you look at it that way, it's not a bad deal for them. Because let's be honest, Mikhitaryan is still a good player.

CarwynWilliams23

So it is now in Arsenal's hands to offer Mkhitaryan a good deal. God help us all. Enjoy the rotting while that goes on!!

tomaldinho1

So its all down to making sure that Mikhi will be still getting his £200k per week and Mino Raiola gets his cut from the transfer, cause trust him, unless they do, this transfer aint going nowhere.
Reckon Woodward would stump up the agent fee to get this across the line if he absolutely had to. If it's no fee between the clubs his cut surely won't be anything astronomical + Mkhi's future (and therefore resale value which is key to him) looks pretty dire under Mou so he probably wants him to move.

EyeInTheSky

Sky now saying it's going to be a straight swap and no cash involved. What a deal that would be.
It's a sure sign they have the inside track in this negotiation.

• "AS only wants City and wants to rejoin under Ped Steroidiola"
  • "City take the higher ground and majestically pull out of the deal out of principle because of the vast sums of money involved is immoral"
  • "No deal for United as Chelsea are in the driving seat"
  • "United bankrupting themselves in a desperate and futile attempt to persuade AS to join them"
And last but not least:
  • Straight swap deal no cash involved

Yep, I would not be surprised if Jim Shite was actually hiding under the table where the negotiation is taking place to get all these scoops

No, but they could put the £35 million towards a world class replacement. If I were Arsenal, I'd be demanding cash plus Miki for a player as good as Sanchez, even though he's at the end of his contract. Failing that, I'd be asking for maximum cash. A straight swap sounds a bit too good to be true from our perspective.

midnightmare

The fact he has been playing like shite and Mourinho wants him out should be his problem. He can get a fresh start at Arsenal, if he pulls up his nose for that, I will be even further disappointed in him then I already am right now.

He can join whatever club he wants but Arsenal would be a good club for him at this level and it is also not that there are many other alternatives except sitting on the bench at United, a club that doesn't want you anymore, that doesn't need you anymore. A player who is in his prime should have higher ambitions than being an unwanted bench player.
Absolutely. If I performed in my job (against expectations) like Mkhi has at his, I'd be sacked. My own ego and self-worth would also mean that if I felt I had more to offer, I'd move to somewhere else and show my worth - even at a lower salary.

For Mkhi to sit put / hold out is akin to what LvG did when he turned down the Belgium job. Was he entitled to do so? Sure, he was, but how much love is he getting for that? He has himself admitted it was vindictiveness and not the sensible option. Here, Mkhi wouldn't earn my hatred for holding up the Sanchez transfer as much as earn my contempt for essentially accepting that even a fresh start at a still-decent Arsenal is something that would not help him redeem his reputation and that he'd rather take the money than the opportunity. After all, it's not like sitting on the bench at OT will earn him an offer from Real, Barca or Bayern...

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Dortmund knew he wasn't the player they wanted, and now we know why. He just doesnt cut the mustard.
Nah, he was refusing to sign a new contract at the time. Was coming off a good season.

Silas

No, but they could put the £35 million towards a world class replacement. If I were Arsenal, I'd be demanding cash plus Miki for a player as good as Sanchez, even though he's at the end of his contract. Failing that, I'd be asking for maximum cash. I'd A straight swap sounds a bit too good to be true from our perspective.
They'll be hard-pressed to find a world class player willing to join them in January, especially considering their situation. They aren't exactly in the position to make demands either, as if we back out, they're fecked once they lose him on a free in the summer after paying his wages for some extra months. Arsenal's board is profit-oriented so they'll probably want to avoid that.

Fully Fledged

Depends here if his source is Raiola or the club itself.

We were ready to bid £15m more to £35m so we outbid City for Sanchez. That hasn't changed surely. Mkhi exchange only really came up in the past couple of days?

If push comes to shove I'm sure we will both settle on cash. But I reckon Raiola will have the deal done anyway after a bit of negotiating. We just need to sit tight and let the fat man talk about fees.
Manchester United: Jose Mourinho will be told to sell before he can buy in January
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41901025
That was from November 7.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Woodward deserves a statue if that happens. Plus, I hope if this is the case, the Glazers don't restrict our spending on another Ozil/Griezmann/Dybala type attacker in the summer.

Rumors of City's interest in Griezmann are ominous. He should either come to us or feck off to Barca.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If it's a straight swap surely we can give £10m to Mkhi so his wages for the remaining 2 years are the same with Arsenal.

Water Melon

Maybe he could show he gives a shit about his contract on the pitch as well as at the negociating table.
I have never seen a complacent Mkhi on a pitch. Frustrated - yes, frustrating - yes, but never careless ot unprofessional. In any case, I am all for Mkhitaryan to do what is best for his future. If he does entertain the idea of playing for Arsenal, then he is entitled to consider his options. And it is not like he is stealing a living either.

lysglimt

Scout
People really are underrating Miki and this situation. Miki has several years left on his contract, while Sanchez only has about 5 months and will be free. Miki is easily worth as much as Sanchez in these circumstances. The only reason why Miki isn't worth a lot more is his relatively high wage demands that Arsenal likely won't match, which will lower his transfer fee.
Its not that easy:
1) Sanchez is desired by all the topclubs in the Uk - Mkhitaryan isn't anymore
2) Sanchez has shown that he can play in the P.L - Mkhitaryan has only shown short glimpses

So I think we are lucky if we get a straight swap - I would not complain if we had to pay £15-20 million

The red panther

princess transfer emo
You're not living in the same reality as me then. United may have historically given their players away for peanuts but thankfully that's stopped post-Fergie.

If AOC goes to Liverpool for £40m, then you can clearly sell Miki (even stinking the place out as he has recently) for £30-40m regardless of his wages.

If United give Arsenal Miki AND cash, Arsenal have done very well out of that deal (with the current circumstances anyway).
I think Liverpool have overpaid for Ox but atleast with Ox he is still a young player and if the trainer sees potential and develops it than that money can be more than earned back.

Mkhitaryan is nearing 30, it is a different story with him. If you spend money on an older player it is because you want an immediate impact on the pitch. Given Mkhitaryan's form that immediate impact is less than certain for anybody who would sign him right now and hence it massively lowers his transfer value.

Sanchez deal is different because Arsenal know there are multiple clubs that want him and those clubs all want him because he is a top tier attacker from whom you can expect an immediate impact. His value is very high even with an ending contract, imo alot higher than Mkhitaryan.

They'll be hard-pressed to find a world class player willing to join them in January, especially considering their situation. They aren't exactly in the position to make demands either, as if we back out, they're fecked once they lose him on a free in the summer after paying his wages for some extra months. Arsenal's board is profit-oriented so they'll probably want to avoid that.
They are certainly a difficult position now, having let both Sanchez and Ozil run down their contracts. That's criminal management.

RedDevilUnited369

Mkhi is easily a £30-40m player in this market. That’s just common sense to me.

So the deal doesn’t happen until Mino gets paid and Mkhi gets compensation on his current contract as he probably won’t get the same at Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.