Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bloody-Nine

Whoever is in charge of player recruitment and contracts at Arsenal should be sacked. They've lost Oxlade-Chamberlain and are about to lose Walcott and Sanchez. Ozil will be gone by summer at the latest. Selling clubs will know Arsenal are desperate for signings and will hold them to ransom. They've made a total balls up of it.
They aren't 'losing' Ox and Walcott. They're getting rid and rightfully so.

Trizy

This Mkhitaryan situation reminds me a tad of the 'loyalty' discussion around football. Fans are usually incensed when players don't show utmost loyalty to their clubs, but clubs sometimes show very little loyalty to their players too.
Mkhitaryan may not want to play for Arsenal.
Top clubs need to be ran like top clubs. If you're not pulling your weight or are not at the level the club aspires to be then why should they show loyalty?

If we're a nice guy that allows average players here then we'll turn into an average club. It's not like he's been here for 10 years and is on a decline, he's just not what we thought we were getting.

The club needs to be more ruthless going forward.

Seveneric

we were going to offer £35m for Sanchez.

Mhki is worth £35m. Arsenal clearly like him. what's daft about it? they effectively get Mhki on a long term deal for free, instead of having a sulking Sanchez leave in the summer.
He's not. But if you truly believe that, I'll accept it as a difference in opinion and leave it at that.

stepic

So wait,

This entire deal hinges on Mkhitaryan agreeing to terms with Arsenal? What the in hell? It's a no go then, who the hell wants to play for Arsenal lol.
it doesn't. it just makes things easier for everyone if Mhki does agree to go.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Yeah, man, just another Van Persie type signing :rolleyes:
It's not though. RVP came to us after an absolutely superb season and was clearly a top 3 striker in the world at the time.

Sanchez is coming off of half a season of phoning it in and not giving a shit for his club. Hard to say if he will bounce back to his top level just as soon as he gets a move, or if he has already peaked like Rooney at his age. Most likely it's the former alternative and he'll do well for us, but he's not a RVP level signing IMHO.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
This Mkhitaryan situation reminds me a tad of the 'loyalty' discussion around football. Fans are usually incensed when players don't show utmost loyalty to their clubs, but clubs sometimes show very little loyalty to their players too.
Mkhitaryan may not want to play for Arsenal.
I'm sure we didn't just tie him up and throw him through the doors of their main entrance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If Woody secures a straight swap he’s played a blinder (again).

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
From what I can gather from recent developments the deal will probably be like this.
Mkhitaryan is on 140k according to most sources; which over 2.5 years (his contract) equates to £21m. Riola has come out guns blazing and will definitely get what he wants which will include an agent fee and us paying out Mkhitaryan's contract.

That means we will give £20-25m + Mkhi + agent fee for Sanchez.

This will mean that Arsenal can pay Mkhitaryan the 140k plus a little more that can be taken from the money they will save from Sanchez' wages.

We are effectively doing a straight player swap; but subsidizing Mkhitaryan's wages for 2.5 years. AKA we are paying Mkhitaryan off to go to Arsenal, or let him be 5th choice right back.
What a load of rubbish.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Whoever is in charge of player recruitment and contracts at Arsenal should be sacked. They've lost Oxlade-Chamberlain and are about to lose Walcott and Sanchez. Ozil will be gone by summer at the latest. Selling clubs will know Arsenal are desperate for signings and will hold them to ransom. They've made a total balls up of it.
Ox and Walcott weren't loses. They were sold and rightfully so. Most people (including you i presume) were clamouring for them to get rid of their mediocre players. Sanchez needs to go as he's a cancer on and off the pitch for the team. The only player I think they should pay crazy money to keep is Ozil. As good as Sanchez is, I think the Arsenal team would be better without him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
we were going to offer £35m for Sanchez.

Mhki is worth £35m. Arsenal clearly like him. what's daft about it? they effectively get Mhki on a long term deal for free, instead of having a sulking Sanchez leave in the summer.
You have to consider the current form of both players and what they have achieved in the Prem to date, Sanchez is streets ahead in both departments

We're getting a Prem proven world class footballer, Arsenal are getting a potentially world class player. I'm surprised it's a straight swap.

iam_kramer

Top clubs need to be ran like top clubs. If you're not pulling your weight or are not at the level the club aspires to be then why should they show loyalty?

If we're a nice guy that allows average players here then we'll turn into an average club. It's not like he's been here for 10 years and is on a decline, he's just not what we thought we were getting.

The club needs to be more ruthless going forward.
That's alright, but the other way round should also be accepted then, shouldn't it? Top players leaving a team in decline not where it used to be, without the fan vitriol. Players, like clubs, also must be ruthless, they have a short career and they want success.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
It probably will be some cash as well but I don't think that's indicative of anything but Arsenal not wanting to look like idiots (they already do and will no matter what happens).

You're putting very little value on the fact he's worth nothing (transfer fee) in six months time.
If his contract wasn't running out, Arsenal simply would not sell him.

Even if we end up paying 50m for him, that would still be at a highly dropped market value for a player like Sanchez. Arsenal knows this and the fact we aren't the only interested club but perhaps the most desperate will be used by them to get as much out of it as they can and that will not be a straight swap between Mkhitaryan and Sanchez.

Skåre Willoch

I'm all for a deal involving Mkhi - especially for his own sake. But why the sudden blasting of him?
He's not behaving badly. He's remained professional through long stints on the bench/ in the stands. He doesn't show any signs of bad attitude.
He was a bad fit at United, that is all. I hope he does well at Arsenal or whereever he ends up, shame he couldn't recreate his form for Dortmund with us.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Imagine had we not signed RVP due to this way of thinking eh?

I would rather have short term success than none at all.
See my reply above. You really think Sanchez will have the same impact that RVP had in his first season for us?

The Bloody-Nine

Arsenal players are jumping for the lifeboats. They want away; the club is a shambles.
Neither player realised their potential, the penny seems to have finally dropped with the manager. They shipped out Ox for an absurd fee, given his contract status and now they're binning off Walcott for decent money. It's good business.

Now, if they replace them with dross or not at all, we can point and laugh.

Minimalist

Seen one of the papers claims Arsenal fancied loaning Welbeck to a club in Turkey this month but won't due to Sanchez leaving.

Poor wee Danny just can't catch a break. When will the world acknowledge his genius!!!

Raw

I'm all for a deal involving Mkhi - especially for his own sake. But why the sudden blasting of him?
He's not behaving badly. He's remained professional through long stints at the bench/ in the stands. He doesn't show any signs of bad attitude.
He was a bad fit at United, that is all. I hope he does well at Arsenal or whereever he ends up, shame he couldn't recreate his form for Dortmund with us.
Because how dare he look out for his career and take time agreeing personal terms. He should accept whatever and please the impatient United fans!

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I think what we're seeing now is a new decisiveness but it has to deal with problems of the past. Raul Sanllehi has sugned from Barcelona and Sven Mislintat arrived from Dortmund and a lot has been happening since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.