Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werder Herzog

Will be Monday at the earliest i rekon, Mourinho will state his mind is on Burnley and that its Woodward who deals with this.

A deal can happen in hours but that all tends to be in and around Deadline Day, i'd put cocks away until next week.

You would think there would be more of a push on both sides with both having players their who are not wanted and want to leave respectivley.

As for SSN i would ignore anything off them, they are clueless and just repeat what's been said on twitter.

Norris

Sorry, that's my point. People expecting this to happen quickly, but always suggest swapping x and y players as if it's as easy as football manager
Doubt even FM would allow you to do a straight swap of Mkhi with Alexis Sanchez. :p

BigdaftGorby

As soon as Sanchez knew we wanted him AND WERE WILLING to pay him 350K it was done.
I'm not saying he's a Merc at all. I'm saying he wanted to play for us. But he clearly also wanted to play for City.
If you have a choice between two clubs you want to play for, going to the club that is offering more money does not make you a merc.

But let's not pretend that this was purely a case of a player wanting to play for Utd OVER city. Money was a massive factor
Do you honestly think that 70k ish a week is the reason he went to United?
Do you honestly that he sets what wages he wants?
His agent has took hold of a fantastic opportunity for himself and run with it.
If he wanted to play for City he would be there now. The timeline proves all of this.
He chose to be at a club that fills its ground and has something more to offer other than money.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Wenger after the Palace game:

"Could be done in the next 12 hours." 48->24->12->6 = 6+1 = 7 = Sanchez

Golden Nugget

Remember when he signed that fans UTD shirt in Chile??
Then when he said something vaguely positive at the airport? Caf almost exploded
It wasn’t even positive :lol: from memory, someone asked if he was joining United, and he said No, no - and people took it as a double negative and that he’s joining :lol:

Thecarrickfan_2016

I'm calm about this, I think some of you need to chill out, It'll get announced whenever the club feel ready to announce it.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No big deal if we don't get him in time for tomorrow, just as long as they get him in before the Spurs game. Need to give enough time to fully train and get used to his new teammates before that game. Hopefully it doesn't drag on too long

Reckon it's due to Arsenal asking for money plus Micki

cyberman

Of course there hasn't been an agreement since it would have been signed and registered before 12 due to the Burnley game.
Sky used the ticking clock plot device for a story.

ROFLUTION

Raiola probably sitting with his feet up in an Arsenal meeting room right now, smoking a big cigar asking Kroenke to massage his back

redspoony

I wouldn't expect to hear too much other than "Alexis is still an Arsenal player" from Jose in his presser today.

He's not going to provide a timeline or anything like that. Don't get your muppet hopes up lads.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Definitely Mhkitaryan and Raiola holding it up. People have every right to be frustrated. It’s Arsenal, he should feel lucky he’s getting a team at that level the way he’s performed here over the last year and a half.

Anduin

So most likely Raiola doing his waiting thing again. Zlatan has described these kind of negotiations in his book, he (Mino) is probably waiting for at least one involved party to give in and offer higher wages/signing on/off fee whatever. This will be done, but I will be surprised if it's on the weekend.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
No big deal if we don't get him in time for tomorrow, just as long as they get him in before the Spurs game. Need to give enough time to fully train and get used to his new teammates before that game. Hopefully it doesn't drag on too long

Reckon it's due to Arsenal asking for money plus Micki
Yeah and Jose needs time to coach that quick, incisive passing out of him. Slow and steady wins the race Alexis, or at least draws it.
Seriously let's get him soon, I can't take the suspense.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Imagine the meltdown here if Alexis doesn't come because of Mkhi :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.