Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Knew it.

Mhiki deal could still go either way, there is plenty still left in this yet.
It's a Raiola briefing. First Sky mention the representative side of the deal not being finished, now BBC is focusing on the Mkhi deal.

It's Raiola blabbering all over the journos again.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Deal isnt going to happen may as well just accept it ,Mhki has clearly decided he hasnt annoyed us enough and is going to reject Arsenal and see out his contract with us no matter what
Muppet suicide has begun.

Let's all walk together, hand in hand, in to the sea, where we can finally be at peace and leave this forsaken Sanchezless football club behind.

SammyUnited_83

I don't imagine it depends on Mkhitaryan specifically, but, as Wenger confirmed yesterday, any deal for Sanchez certainly is contingent on Arsenal securing a replacement (whether that's Mkhi or someone else).
We all got carried away, remember that Arsenal walked away from £60mil cash in the summer, if they don't get a replacement they could end up keeping him.

Sanchez will then get plenty of offers in the summer, I still think there is a twist in this yet.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
"could go either way" is not very encouraging
He's only talking about the Mkhitaryan deal. If Mkhi doesn't go anywhere, then we sign him for cash. It's as simple as that.

Infra-red

Just buy him outright for 30m and when Arsenal finally wakes up we can sell Mkhi to them for the same price.
We're being punished for Arsenals incompetence here.
Buying him outright would certainly be preferable. If there's one club you don't want to be relying on to get a deal done, it's Arsenal. But here we are.

KM

We all got carried away, remember that Arsenal walked away from £60mil cash in the summer, if they don't get a replacement they could end up keeping him.

Sanchez will then get plenty of offers in the summer, I still think there is a twist in this yet.
Literally all of your posts in this thread are saying this deal couln't or wouldn't happen. Why bother posting in a thread if you don't think it's happening or continuously reiterating the same point.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
It's a Raiola briefing. First Sky mention the representative side of the deal not being finished, now BBC is focusing on the Mkhi deal.

He's just pressuring someone into forking over extra cash

WPMUFC

Deal isnt going to happen may as well just accept it ,Mhki has clearly decided he hasnt annoyed us enough and is going to reject Arsenal and see out his contract with us no matter what
Raiola briefs the journos and you go full meltdown...gees. How did you survive the pogba transfer? :lol::lol::houllier:

Infra-red

He's only talking about the Mkhitaryan deal. If Mkhi doesn't go anywhere, then we sign him for cash. It's as simple as that.
No, we can't.

I imagine Mkhitaryan will go through eventually though, so it shouldn't come to that.

RedStarUnited

Those BBC/english guys had no idea about this deal until sky Italian broke the news. Now they now its exact details and when it can be done?

I call bullshit. They are just guessing.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Yeah I know, I just never had thought of it that way since we have so many highly paid players.
We do, which shows how efficient Woodward has been in running the business side of things. It's the football side that's been lacking in recent years.

NK86

Get outta this thread with all this negativity. He will be a United player come the end of this transfer window.

Infra-red

No, it's another Mino brief, First Sky saying the representative side of the deal wasn't done, now Mkhi is mentioned as the factor to be resolved.

It's a classic Raiola leak.

Still expecting it this weekend.
Probably in the depths of agent fee negotiations...

He really is a shite. I hope we don't regret climbing into bed with him.

NK86

Those BBC/english guys had no idea about this deal until sky Italian broke the news. Now they now its exact details and when it can be done?

I call bullshit. They are just guessing.
More likely getting briefed by that fat feck Raiola as many have pointed out already.

KM

No, we can't.

I imagine Mkhitaryan will go through eventually though, so it shouldn't come to that.
City would've got him for cash only. I'm not sure why you're confident about not getting him without Mkhitaryan.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I swear this thread would be half the size if people checked if a tweet has been posted before they post it themselves, amount of bloody duplicates I've just read through while catching up :mad:

muller

They can be carried out anywhere where the club has a base right? Arsenal don't have any offices or bases in Manchester I'm assuming.
No, they can literally be carried out anywhere, providing the signing club is happy with the facilities.

United used to do some in The Christie - a private hospital in Manchester. Stoke and Crewe used to use my old Uni - which had labs for sports science - in Alsager.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Arsenal should be targeting Anthony Martial rather than Henrikh Mkhitaryan, says Charlie Nicholas
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...than-henrikh-mkhitaryan-says-charlie-nicholas

But to be totally honest I'd much rather pay an additional £50m to get Martial.
I think if Arsenal would say to Martial: 'You can be the next Thierry Henry.' Arsenal made £30m on selling Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, £20m on Theo Walcott, so go all-in; forget Malcom or other players who may or may not be good prospects, go all-in and give him what he wants financially.
"In the summer Arsenal were willing to take Raheem Sterling but Martial is a far better player and could become one of the best in the world.
What is he smoking? Sterling went to City for 50million quid and then he says that Martial is a far better player. He cant tell his elbow from his arse, this fella.

BigdaftGorby

Do you honestly think that 70k ish a week is the reason he went to United? - I think he had no problem playing for utd or city. But yes I believe the extra 70k a week (you make it sound like that's a small amount of money) was the tie breaker

Do you honestly that he sets what wages he wants? - do YOU honestly think he had no say on the matter? You think he has no idea what his agent is negotiating and that his agent had him bent over a chair and Alexis has to just take it?
70k in relation to everything he’s getting out of this deal is nothing when comparing between playing for City and United. It’s nothing. If me and you are say on average wages in our jobs then £70 would make a massive difference to us. But to him it’s not a deal breaker. He could of easily gone to City to play for Sir Pep peanut head inventor of football and took easy medals straight away. For more or less the same money, when you include the addons and signing on bonus he would of been a very very wealthy man very quickly. He didn’t. He chose United, the timeline fits his decision. In my opinion he chose United over City regardless of money but his agent did what a good agent does, got him his worth. Sanchez, yes, is in the loop knowing how much is being asked but he isn’t demanding certain figures.

Anyway I’m not ignoring your next response, I’m about to take off from Lanzarote and I refuse to pay the exorbitant price for WiFi on Ryan air. :)
At least I’m being morally correct. ;)

sosolid4u09

I mean, relatively speaking it is.

If he picked an extra £70k a week over playing for City, he clearly didn't actually have his heart set on being there.
I never said he had his heart set on being there.

At the end of the day, if you make a list;

City:

Guaranteed Short term success
Better prospects for long term success
Team is set up to suit attacking players more
More gifted players

United:

More money
Better history and more prestige
Bigger club
Guaranteed playing time

I don't know Sanchez. So I don't know which of those factors above is most important to him. But in my opinion, it was the extra 70K (which isn't relatively low. if we assume city offered 280K then an extra 70 is a 25% increase!).

If your Alexis and you don't mind going City or Utd, and one offers an extra 70K, it's a no brainer where you go! If City had offered to match it and he still chose us over them then we can factually say he chose us over city because we're Manchester United! With what we know at this moment in time, it seems more likely that he chose us because he wants to play for UTD AND we were willing to match his wage demands

NK86

Arsenal should be targeting Anthony Martial rather than Henrikh Mkhitaryan, says Charlie Nicholas
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...than-henrikh-mkhitaryan-says-charlie-nicholas

What is he smoking? Sterling went to City for 50million quid and then he says that Martial is a far better player. He cant tell his elbow from his arse, this fella.
Wasn't there some former player who said that West Ham (or maybe it was some other club) should try to get Martial for 20 mil. That was classic. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

So he says he could be one of the best in the world and then say that £50 million should be offered for him? Charlie Nicholas is an absolute clown and so pro-Arsenal that I cannot stand him, even as a Scotsman :lol:

Infra-red

City would've got him for cash only. I'm not sure why you're confident about not getting him without Mkhitaryan.
As I said above, I don't think this will be dependent on Mkhitaryan specifically, but, as Wenger has already made clear, any deal for Sanchez is contingent on Arsenal securing some kind of replacement (whether that's Mkhi, Malcom, Aubameyang etc etc). They walked away from the deal with City in the summer for this very reason.

That being said, there's no point in Mkhitaryan scuppering this deal, and goodwill from both sides will surely get it done at some point this month.

SammyUnited_83

Lol who ever said BBC gets briefed by Raiola?

Sky Italia has good links to Raiola.
WPMUFC said:

Status
Not open for further replies.