Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bloody-Nine

As I suspected.

Dirty Sanchez, the sequel
‘TURNCOAT’ reads the headline, with a sub-headline of ‘Sanchez has done the dirty on Pep’. It’s Neil Ashton, it’s The Sun, and it’s the hottest take in this coldest of months. Let’s go through each of the best paragraphs, shall we?

‘Alexis Sanchez has sacrificed everything to make this move. Morals. Principles. Trophies.’

Trophies won by Manchester City last season: None

Trophies won by Manchester United last season: Two. Apologies to the Community Shield.

‘He is turning his back on Pep Guardiola, and the old school gentleman’s agreement he struck with him last September, to join Manchester United instead. What a piece of work he is.’

And what a piece of work that last line is. It is perfectly acceptable to disagree with Sanchez’s decision and his motives, but really? ‘What a piece of work’?

‘Manchester City, working with Pep again, was supposed to be about so much more than money.’

To clarify, Sanchez was going to earn a wage at City. One around £300,000 a week, according to multiple reports. It was always at least a little bit about the money.

‘City have the coach, the squad, the cash, the lot, to make sure they are in the hunt for the big prizes every season. Everything is in place.’

You can literally replace the word ‘City’ with ‘United’ and it would still make perfect sense.

‘Sanchez, with his heart set on working with Pep again and playing dreamy football with David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne, was up for it. Most would be. That was until Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis started an auction by punting Sanchez around Europe’s top clubs.’

Blaming Arsenal here is a bold turn. How dare Gazidis do his job by trying to get the best possible financial deal for his club?

‘The Chilean forward put money before morals, although United were the only takers.’

Honestly. ‘Money before morals’. Bloody do one.

‘Mourinho, on the verge of signing an extended contract through to 2021, is determined to get the beating of Pep over time. To do it he has out-manoeuvred City, catching them cold at a time when they were a little bit too confident that a deal for Sanchez was already in the bag. Nothing, especially in this sport, is certain.’

Exactly. So what are you whining and moaning about?

‘As things stand it is one-up for United and it is not difficult to imagine Mourinho chuckling away with his assistant Rui Faria after pinching Sanchez from under Pep’s nose. It takes something out of the ordinary for City to walk away from a deal when it comes down to money. There is unlimited funding in place to make them great, but they took the moral high ground when the bidding war began.’

To discuss City taking ‘the moral high ground’ when it comes to money is phenomenal. They literally broke the record for biggest single-window transfer spend at one point last summer. Was spending £221m in the summer part of them taking ‘the moral high ground’? Wonder if Ashton has readthis

http://www.football365.com/news/how-tractor-fan-alexis-sanchez-betrayed-gentleman-pep

SammyUnited_83

@SammyUnited_83 in this thread or @ehsanul in the Pogba thread.

Who done it better?
What? I haven't said he isn't coming, just that it will into next week, which I was laughed at for. Mhiki / Raiola hold the key to the deal and the longer is goes the more money they get - Mhiki can't play now for 2 weeks.

If Arsenal don't get a replacement, I could see them keeping him - stranger things have happened or have you forgot that DDG had agreed to go to Madrid.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
And to think, we're not even at the "ffs how long does a medical take?!" stage yet. We're quite some way from it, it seems. We're still at the Raiola posturing stage, which is always long and drawn out.

RedorDead21

When you look at some of the players Jose has sold over the years it's surprising the confidence people have re keeping Martial.

A player he was apparently ready to marginalise along with Rashford when drawing up last summers transfer list which included a left winger....Now he's bought another one even after having seen Martial for an extra half season....You could hardly claim it came out of the blue...

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
This isn't happening. I'm losing faith. Wenger just made his comments to put pressure on us paying for Mkhi's wages/payoff.

feck this. It was always too good to be true.

Barry Red

It seems to me that if this goes on for much longer someone is going to pull out - he has to be careful... if the deal doesn't happen he gets feck all.

VanGaalEra

What? I haven't said he isn't coming, just that it will into next week, which I was laughed at for. Mhiki / Raiola hold the key to the deal and the longer is goes the more money they get - Mhiki can't play now for 2 weeks.

If Arsenal don't get a replacement, I could see them keeping him - stranger things have happened or have you forgot that DDG had agreed to go to Madrid.
Calm down Ehsanul V2, every thread needs a doom merchant. It's all part of the muppetry

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Where's that Chilean Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime with the Sanchez selfie to tell us that Alexis' family is camping outside Old Trafford, waiting for him to land any minute now.

RedorDead21

This isn't happening. I'm losing faith. Wenger just made his comments to put pressure on us paying for Mkhi's wages/payoff.

feck this. It was always too good to be true.
I'd rather have stayed on the Titanic than got in a life boat with you and that attitude!

Needham

That's different, some people are called Ferguson but that is an example of someone having a surname as a first name.
I'll bet 10 seconds of Sanchez's wages (8 pounds) that the original Ferguson had that name as a first name.

Canagel

Maybe it will be like the Schneiderlin deal. Remember when we announced Bastian and it turned out that Schneiderlin was also having a medical and no-one knew about it or something like that. You can't rule out Sanchez suddenly turning up for a medical today. Maybe the club won't announce it until the very end where he is holding the shirt.

DavidDeSchmikes

As I suspected.

Dirty Sanchez, the sequel
‘TURNCOAT’ reads the headline, with a sub-headline of ‘Sanchez has done the dirty on Pep’. It’s Neil Ashton, it’s The Sun, and it’s the hottest take in this coldest of months. Let’s go through each of the best paragraphs, shall we?

‘Alexis Sanchez has sacrificed everything to make this move. Morals. Principles. Trophies.’

Trophies won by Manchester City last season: None

Trophies won by Manchester United last season: Two. Apologies to the Community Shield.

‘He is turning his back on Pep Guardiola, and the old school gentleman’s agreement he struck with him last September, to join Manchester United instead. What a piece of work he is.’

And what a piece of work that last line is. It is perfectly acceptable to disagree with Sanchez’s decision and his motives, but really? ‘What a piece of work’?

‘Manchester City, working with Pep again, was supposed to be about so much more than money.’

To clarify, Sanchez was going to earn a wage at City. One around £300,000 a week, according to multiple reports. It was always at least a little bit about the money.

‘City have the coach, the squad, the cash, the lot, to make sure they are in the hunt for the big prizes every season. Everything is in place.’

You can literally replace the word ‘City’ with ‘United’ and it would still make perfect sense.

‘Sanchez, with his heart set on working with Pep again and playing dreamy football with David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne, was up for it. Most would be. That was until Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis started an auction by punting Sanchez around Europe’s top clubs.’

Blaming Arsenal here is a bold turn. How dare Gazidis do his job by trying to get the best possible financial deal for his club?

‘The Chilean forward put money before morals, although United were the only takers.’

Honestly. ‘Money before morals’. Bloody do one.

‘Mourinho, on the verge of signing an extended contract through to 2021, is determined to get the beating of Pep over time. To do it he has out-manoeuvred City, catching them cold at a time when they were a little bit too confident that a deal for Sanchez was already in the bag. Nothing, especially in this sport, is certain.’

Exactly. So what are you whining and moaning about?

‘As things stand it is one-up for United and it is not difficult to imagine Mourinho chuckling away with his assistant Rui Faria after pinching Sanchez from under Pep’s nose. It takes something out of the ordinary for City to walk away from a deal when it comes down to money. There is unlimited funding in place to make them great, but they took the moral high ground when the bidding war began.’

To discuss City taking ‘the moral high ground’ when it comes to money is phenomenal. They literally broke the record for biggest single-window transfer spend at one point last summer. Was spending £221m in the summer part of them taking ‘the moral high ground’? Wonder if Ashton has readthis

http://www.football365.com/news/how-tractor-fan-alexis-sanchez-betrayed-gentleman-pep
Neil Ashton, a journalist for the Sun talking about morals.....

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Norris

What's with the duplication of Articles, tweets ? Very difficult to get through even if you are a muppet.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Maybe it will be like the Schneiderlin deal. Remember when we announced Bastian and it turned out that Schneiderlin was also having a medical and no-one knew about it or something like that. You can't rule out Sanchez suddenly turning up for a medical today. Maybe the club won't announce it until the very end where he is holding the shirt.
I'd imagine the club won't want to announce it at all til they have all the marketing crap in place. Maximum exposure for a massive signing.

Djemba-Djemba

It benefits nobody if the move doesn't happen.

Sanchez will be stuck at Arsenal, a place he is clearly desperate to leave and where the rest of the team are keen for him to go.

Arsenal are stuck with a disinterested player for another 5 months. They are a shambles right now and desperately need some fresh impetus to save their season

Mkhitaryan will be at a club where he clearly has no future and like it or not there would be serious resentment from fans if he was the cause of not getting Sanchez

We're stuck with Mkhitaryan, a player clearly not good enough for Utd

Raiola doesn't get his big bonus.

It's why I think the deal does happen, it'll just drag.

crossy1686

career ending
Raiola isn't stupid, he knows which side his bread is buttered on. He wouldn't see us lose out on this deal and then see himself potentially lose out on millions more in the future. He's digging his heels in but he'll get this deal done.

Gazza

Just look back at the transfer thread. Almost everyone said he was overprice at the price quoted and the reason he's not here was because Inter wanted more(new owners and whatnot).
I'm not really talking about caftards here, I'm talking about Mourinho, and the feeling I took away from his various comments on the summer window is that he wanted us to push for Perisic but the board dug their heels in. Anyway, we're probably not gonna agree on that @Wan so moving on!

Number1

Rarely you see transfers happen Saturday and Sunday, so If it doesn't happen today, i can't see it happening while Monday.

Backroom staff only seem to work Monday to Friday.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Rarely you see transfers happen Saturday and Sunday, so If it doesn't happen today, i can't see it happening while Monday.

Backroom staff only seem to work Monday to Friday.
Are you from Lancashire? My Boss says this instead of "till" as well

Status
Not open for further replies.