Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Quickly u have to set real cost:
Transfer fee: swap for Mkhitaryan who was 27m but 1/4 of that is already amortizated so it's 18,75m and not 30m which is reported.
Salary: most reputable sources reported 350k per week which is 74,05m in 4 years.
Sign on fee and agent fees are not known.

Then doing a math:
So in reality this deal is worth 91,8m amortizated over 4 years which is 22,95m per year. And u have to calculate Mkhitaryan wages which we will no longer have to pay which are 150k per week which is 7,83m per year so our yearly expenses over next 4 years will be bigger by 15,12m per year because of this deal.

To show how small investment that is for a club with our incomes u can point out our expenses over whole 4 years will increase by nearly 15m pounds less than what they payed for VVD (only transfer fee of course) and that is without including VVD wages, his sign on fees, agent fees etc.

Those are figures which our finance guys will see and the figures your friend would see if he would be a good finance guy.
But those figures are nothing spectacular and are not interesting so because of that journalists report it completely different way.

Hope i helped.

Edit : forgot that a contract will be for 4 and a half years (calculated 4 years) so salaries are 9,26m bigger (half a year) but amortization cost per year is then even smaller...
And this is how you explain something. And you are not even payed for this. Unlike journos.
Edit: you forgot one thing. We can always sell him also

Last edited:

Crackers

greasy ginfers
It says no development expected today, but today ends in 1hr 25. We gonna hear anything at midnight or after?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: maybe he’s a trainee. Or scouse. Or both. Bless him.

You alright fella?

Refreshing this thread but no luck thus far :(
He's definitely something.

Nah I'm livid, we're bankrupting the club by paying over a billion pounds for a 40 year old.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He's definitely something.

Nah I'm livid, we're bankrupting the club by paying over a billion pounds for a 40 year old.
Hahahaha it’s been absurd, hasn’t it? I’ve never (or hardly ever!) seen wages factored into the cost of players. Yet here we are.

I’m not British. So I’ve always taken the anti United (ABU) bias with a pinch of salt (paranoia), but it seems really absurd. Weird. Like City is being painted as the bastions of all that is good and pure. We’re now the evil. You couldn’t make it up. Not even in a Harry Potter novel.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Hahahaha it’s been absurd, hasn’t it? I’ve never (or hardly ever!) seen wages factored into the cost of players. Yet here we are.

I’m not British. So I’ve always taken the anti United (ABU) bias with a pinch of salt (paranoia), but it seems really absurd. Weird. Like City is being painted as the bastions of all that is good and pure. We’re now the evil. You couldn’t make it up. Not even in a Harry Potter novel.
That suits Mourinho to the ground. He can use that to improve the us vs them narrative, and by feck it'll work. It's us vs them now, and it'll make the match day support stronger.

red thru&thru

Quickly u have to set real cost:
Transfer fee: swap for Mkhitaryan who was 27m but 1/4 of that is already amortizated so it's 18,75m and not 30m which is reported.
Salary: most reputable sources reported 350k per week which is 74,05m in 4 years.
Sign on fee and agent fees are not known.

Then doing a math:
So in reality this deal is worth 91,8m amortizated over 4 years which is 22,95m per year. And u have to calculate Mkhitaryan wages which we will no longer have to pay which are 150k per week which is 7,83m per year so our yearly expenses over next 4 years will be bigger by 15,12m per year because of this deal.

To show how small investment that is for a club with our incomes u can point out our expenses over whole 4 years will increase by nearly 15m pounds less than what they payed for VVD (only transfer fee of course) and that is without including VVD wages, his sign on fees, agent fees etc.

Those are figures which our finance guys will see and the figures your friend would see if he would be a good finance guy.
But those figures are nothing spectacular and are not interesting so because of that journalists report it completely different way.

Hope i helped.

Edit : forgot that a contract will be for 4 and a half years (calculated 4 years) so salaries are 9,26m bigger (half a year) but amortization cost per year is then even smaller...
Hey bud, real big help, thank you. Only thing he said you can’t amortamize wages as they’re an operational cost?! No idea what that means?!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This is first time that media spin story like that. So will this valorization of sanchez transfer by the media and other fans who bought that story, stick in all transfers in future?
No, of course not. Pathetic

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Imagine Wenger playing him and he gets injured, think we'd see this place meltdown in a way we've never before seen.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Glad I went out and occupied myself tonight instead of staring at this thread when clearly nothing was going to happen :lol:

I'll be pretty surprised if he makes the squad.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Like reading some Facebook post this at present. I don't get why people just post shit (I know this is irrelevant shit) but come on. If there's nothing to report, then what is there to discuss?

I come on here, to see some kind of update, or not. And people are flaming journalists about how they are belittling us?

Who cares?

Let the results determine the outcome of the league this year. Regardless of whether we sign Sanchez.

But I'd like him here, of course.

United Pro

I highly doubt Sanchez will be in the team or on the bench, but given that he was left out of the last match day squad, it does appear to be a backward step.
Saying that, Welbeck is injured, they sold Walcott and I'm not sure about the fitness of Ozil, so perhaps they don't have much of a choice.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I think it's most likely 264k (minus Micky's 140k so = 124k difference), straight swap and 10m in signing on fee's so more like 73m total package (45m if counting the loss of Micky's wages to us) and the media are trying to sell it as 180m :lol:

What was the real fee for VVD then? 75m plus I'm assuming 5 and a 1/2 year contract probably 150k a week at least so 43m and then signing fee's so 50m so overall 125m? Then you've got to convert the currency to make it look higher so $173m sound fair? $173m for a defender that's nearly 27 which is almost 30 and not world class!!
You should work for a tabloid ;)

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
That suits Mourinho to the ground. He can use that to improve the us vs them narrative, and by feck it'll work. It's us vs them now, and it'll make the match day support stronger.
Maybe he’s the source of the numbers. :D

Canagel

And the media will still find a way to blame us for that.
Feck the media. The siege mentality must be deployed by Mourinho starting from now. Us vs them attitude. It suits him down to the ground as well because that's when he's had the most success in his career.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Feck the media. The siege mentality must be deployed by Mourinho starting from now. Us vs them attitude. It suits him down to the ground as well because that's when he's had the most success in his career.
Bingo, I thought the exact same thing, we've got to really enforce that idea for the next few weeks:

Peanut Butter

As if the Arsenal fans will wave goodbye and cheer him! They'll boo the hell out of him.

Clueless journos know he won't play, it's just drama.

Jerch

Hey bud, real big help, thank you. Only thing he said you can’t amortamize wages as they’re an operational cost?! No idea what that means?!
Yeah of course because they are not payed in one. U are amortizing bigger investments over the time u think that investment will work for u, wages are payed weekly or monthly so u won't amortize them cuz they already are and thats why they are operating costs but if we are talking about whole package as media do u have to amortize whole package.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If he's even on the bench tomorrow, he'll get abuse all game from the Arsenal fans, won't he?
I really don't see him being in the squad, they'd be risking the whole deal falling apart with the chance of him picking up an injury.

Verminator

Even Liverpool fans have begun to text me and say the finance guys at United should get the sack.

He’s saying our clubs balance sheet is a mess. He’s an accountant. He’s reading and believing the £180m package for Sanchez and saying we’re ruining football. Can any of the finance boys on here help me out with some counter arguments?! :confused:
Ask him if he can think of any other times the media have ever falsely portrayed anything, particularly in relation to football.
If he can't, as a Liverpool fan, educate him some.

Status
Not open for further replies.