Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAVred

Still not done, still not convinced. But ever since he wanted to leave, I wondered why we weren't ever in for him. Premier league proven, can play in multiple positions, world class, and a workhorse.

I'd rather not offer Mkhi, and just pay cash. Get rid of mkhi for cash, even if its 20 mill, rather than whats effectively 5. We need to get the deadwood off our wage list though if we want to bring in a marquee signing or two in the summer, wouldnt be shocked to see young go despite having great form (in the summer) as his wages are ludicrous.

Raw

Sane - Aguero - Sterling

Vs

Martial - Lukaku - Sanchez

Vs

Hazard - Morata - Willian/Pedro

Vs

Ali - Kane - Son

Vs

Salah - Firmino - Mane

Vs

......... Lacazette...............

Now, we are not looking so bad at all.
I can only wonder what Lacazette is thinking now. Get to play alongside Sanchez and Ozil then in a few months he'll have neither.

stygg

A Liverpool mate told me he’s they’ll snatch him. Then I told him that a wee shit club like Liverpool can barely meet half of his wage demands.
Pogba needs to play further up the pitch.

Bojan11

Fergie could have signed him in 09 and then again in 2011 before Barca signed him.

diarm

One thing I don't understand after reading some Arsenal fan viewpoints on this.

When Van Persie left them because he wanted to win trophies at United, it was a betrayal and they hated him and us for it.

But now some of them seem willing to drive Sanchez up to City themselves for the opportunity to win a trophy that was already won before he gets there. Some of them seem to see it as some sort of virtuous, even heroic move on his part. Especially compared to a horrible, grubby, money driven move to United.

That irrational hatred at all costs is the reason City will never be a truly big club and United always will be.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This argument has one flaw.
City were going to pay 60m for him less than 6 months ago.

JMack1234

God i'm buzzing for this transfer. I've always admired Sanchez and genuinely over the moon that it looks like we're getting this guy. A world class player whose been consistently one of the best players in the league in a desperately average side. He could work wonders here.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
:lol: If City was signing him it would be a fantastic deal. The pure hatred for us is beautiful.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Hope you're on about Valencia.
I assumed he means Tony the Tiger.

With the high sugar content of Frostys the poor sod ended up diabetic, lost a leg... tragic stuff.

I am a bit flumoxed about what relevance it has to the topic though.

SER19

If we do get him, it really isn't a signing that should be indicative of anything in the spending discussion. The figure quoted for one of the leagues best players in the last few seasons, in an area we need to improve, are fantastic business regardless of his contract.

What should we do? Ignore the chance, and spend 60m in the summer on a lesser player? Same figure has been quoted for Jonny Evans, it's no brainer. The guys itching for a money spending discussion and comparison with city will need to wait

PoTMS

Well I, for one, am outraged we’re spending £200m+ on a 38 year old. Woodward is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.