5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nah, Amad is not slow or one footed. Whatever speed Anthony has, Amad has the same. Amad has a great weak foot. This is like saying saka is one footed. What matters with wingers is having a great weak foot...ie you can beat a defender either way. Amad can beat a defender either way...but even more than that, he has the brains to play make for a team. His pass selection and weight of pass is elite. Anthony has none of these things. Been saying this for ages, the RW we should sign is Olise from crystal palace and he comes to replace Anthony and not Amad. Anthony can shine elsewhere but not in a premier league title chasing team because of his defiencies
Actually, yeah, I was probably too harsh with the one footed comment. I also agree that his weight of passing and general playmaking was promising at Sunderland, though I wouldn't go as far as "elite".

I stand by the rest, though. You compare his speed to Antony and I agree, but I think Antony is slow and that impacts his ability to beat his man and be a threat at the highest level. I remember in the summer we were linked with him that was one of my criticisms of him as a player. He ruined a lot of Ajax counter attacks because he was slow and always needed to cut in, which gave the opposition ample time to get back into shape. There are similarities with Amad in that regard from what I saw last year.

I'm not saying he'll ever be as good as him, but the player Amad most reminded me of last year at Sunderland was Arda Turan at Atletico who also wasn't the fastest but made up for that with excellent close control and strength under pressure.

OT_United

Does anyone know when he's supposed to be back?
He's the competition Antony needs to buck his ideas up.

Thiagoal

Much needed given the woeful form of Rashford, stropping of Sancho and exile of Greenwood!

Raven

Great news, he's been unlucky this season as he could have had a real chance to stake a claim in the first team. Hopefully he can get up to speed quickly.

Red Rash

Once Amad has regained fitness he deserves a shot as backup to Antony on the right in my opinion. Definitely a top talent.

Mwooyo

Once Amad has regained fitness he deserves a shot as backup to Antony on the right in my opinion. Definitely a top talent.
Correction: Once Amad has regained fitness Anthony deserves a shot as backup to Amad on the right in my opinion. Definitely a top talent.

uwotm8

Youtube has all his goals and assists at Sunderland.
control, dribbling and end product.

Oh my God.

Raven

Correction: Once Amad has regained fitness Anthony deserves a shot as backup to Amad on the right in my opinion. Definitely a top talent.
Antony is in his best run of form for the club in my opinion, playing at a pretty high level, if Amad can better that we'll be in a very good position for RW for the first time in feck knows how long.

swissgenius

Antony is in his best run of form for the club in my opinion, playing at a pretty high level, if Amad can better that we'll be in a very good position for RW for the first time in feck knows how long.
Antony had one OK game after several weeks of abysmal performances. It's not like he was any good against chelsea too, but at least he didn't kick his opponent out of frustruation.
It's far from a 'run of form' yet.

Raven

Antony had one OK game after several weeks of abysmal performances. It's not like he was any good against chelsea too, but at least he didn't kick his opponent out of frustruation.
He was definitely good against Chelsea. I'm a big fan of Amad but there's a good chance he isn't as good as Antony just yet.

saik

My first post in Amad's thread this year and can't believe it's to defend Antony here. Its shite like this that makes me think people really don't watch the full game. Antony had a good game against Chelsea. Certainly his best performance for us in my view and that comes after a good performance against Gala.

Alemar

He can also be a backup for Garnacho on the left. This way he will get enough game time, and we will be able to sometimes rotate first teamers

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
When Amad gets back to full fitness, in three weeks or so, I expect him to be on the bench fairly regularly, and get plenty of minutes in games over the Christmas period. May get a full game v Wigan in the FA cup, and if that happens, then I expect Pellestri to go on loan to, hopefully a championship team.
I have hopes for Amad, as his skillset is incredible, but let's see how he copes with the physicality of the premier league.
I don't think Amad will go on loan, but it will probably take a number of premiership games for him to start making a statement in the premiership, so hopefully fans will give him time.
I remember his debut for Sunderland (I think) against Middlesbrough, he came on a sub, but didn't really look anything special, Mowbray obviously saw something in him, and started playing him regularly, and after a few games started to really show his class. Let's hope he gets the same opportunities here.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
When Amad gets back to full fitness, in three weeks or so, I expect him to be on the bench fairly regularly, and get plenty of minutes in games over the Christmas period. May get a full game v Wigan in the FA cup, and if that happens, then I expect Pellestri to go on loan to, hopefully a championship team.
I have hopes for Amad, as his skillset is incredible, but let's see how he copes with the physicality of the premier league.
I don't think Amad will go on loan, but it will probably take a number of premiership games for him to start making a statement in the premiership, so hopefully fans will give him time.
I remember his debut for Sunderland (I think) against Middlesbrough, he came on a sub, but didn't really look anything special, Mowbray obviously saw something in him, and started playing him regularly, and after a few games started to really show his class. Let's hope he gets the same opportunities here.
Agree. Amad is a slow starter -- has always been, even at Rangers.

Question is whether he will get 6-8 games to play in to get into match fitness, rhythm and form? 10–15 mins here & there won't help. Just have to look at Hannibal.

FriedClams

Agree. Amad is a slow starter -- has always been, even at Rangers.

Question is whether he will get 6-8 games to play in to get into match fitness, rhythm and form? 10–15 mins here & there won't help. Just have to look at Hannibal.
he wasn’t a slow starter at rangers, he was just anonymous. Crazy to think how easily he handled the championship but really struggled in Scotland.

sglowrider

he wasn’t a slow starter at rangers, he was just anonymous. Crazy to think how easily he handled the championship but really struggled in Scotland.
He did score on his debut. But the reality is that its tough for anyone to come in mid-season in January to adapt.

luke511

His time in Scotland wasn't the worst, managed 0.54 goals per 90 whilst only getting 500 minutes there in half a season. Gio van Bronckhorst didn't really give him the opportunity to find his rhythm.

sglowrider

His time in Scotland wasn't the worst, managed 0.54 goals per 90 whilst only getting 500 minutes there in half a season. Gio van Bronckhorst didn't really give him the opportunity to find his rhythm.
Yeap. Thats how I saw it. His statistical numbers were actually quite good.

Watch this video that discusses Amad -- starts at 18.03m. But the actual stats of his overall Ranger's performances are on 24.20m

Occasional eye test is one thing, but his actual overall performances was another. Data will overcome any personal biases.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How’s his engine? I know he’s technically gifted but is he a proper modern forward or another Martial / Rashford / Sancho type who coasts off the ball. With Hojlund, Bruno, Antony and Garnacho (still needs to improve) our front four has the potential to really disrupt opponents in their own half and any substitute or replacement needs imo to match that intensity.

luke511

Yeap. Thats how I saw it. His statistical numbers were actually quite good.

Watch this video that discusses Amad -- starts at 18.03m. But the actual stats of his overall Ranger's performances are on 24.20m

Occasional eye test in one thing, but his actual overall performances was another. Data will overcome any personal biases.
Nicely backs it up.

Irrational.

Like a new signing. An upgrade on the one footed Antony, the greedy/ lazy Rashford, the AWOL Sancho and the inexperienced or maybe just not very good Pellistri.

Hope ETH has the cojones to feature him and give him a chance. He certainly seems to possess the natural talent.

mav_9me

How’s his engine? I know he’s technically gifted but is he a proper modern forward or another Martial / Rashford / Sancho type who coasts off the ball. With Hojlund, Bruno, Antony and Garnacho (still needs to improve) our front four has the potential to really disrupt opponents in their own half and any substitute or replacement needs imo to match that intensity.
Of what I've seen him he is not a naturally high intensity player. But that's something that can be improved, particularly if given 20 to 30 min. Hopefully. We sure as hell need more creativity from RW in addition to work rate and intensity that Antony brings.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Of what I've seen him he is not a naturally high intensity player. But that's something that can be improved, particularly if given 20 to 30 min. Hopefully. We sure as hell need more creativity from RW in addition to work rate and intensity that Antony brings.
I hope he can work on that as it’s pretty much a necessity in the modern game unless you’re an absolute freak of a player

United888

Like a new signing. An upgrade on the one footed Antony, the greedy/ lazy Rashford, the AWOL Sancho and the inexperienced or maybe just not very good Pellistri.

Hope ETH has the cojones to feature him and give him a chance. He certainly seems to possess the natural talent.
ETH has the cojones to start Pellistri vs Bayern away and Mainoo vs Everton away and Newcastle away, if Amad is ready then ETH will even start him no matter the age is.

mav_9me

I hope he can work on that as it’s pretty much a necessity in the modern game unless you’re an absolute freak of a player
Yes.

That's why someone like current Rashford surprises me.

Like you see Salah, Saka, Alvarez, Bernardo Silva, Son and the list goes on and on... their work rate and work ethic matches their productivity.

Hopefully Amad takes Salah and Saka as inspiration.

sglowrider

Yes.

That's why someone like current Rashford surprises me.

Like you see Salah, Saka, Alvarez, Bernardo Silva, Son and the list goes on and on... their work rate and work ethic matches their productivity.

Hopefully Amad takes Salah and Saka as inspiration.
Let's hope he is given the chances at the business end of the season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Glad to see him back in training. Hopefully he can add something to the team and form another option in an exciting front 3

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The big concern with Amad has always been his physicality. I think technically he’s fantastic and clearly he has the ability to get goals and assists. The issue is in previous first team appearances he’s looked a little slow and because of his frame he’s too easy to push off the ball. I’m hoping that with his loan last season that’s helped him adjust to men’s football and he can start to showcase his talent.