View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Valencia Shin Crosses

Remember there was a few posters saying he didn't deserve minutes, down played his loan and claimed he was poor in his cameo minutes. If that really was the case, then a performance like this would have came out of nowhere and we would all be shocked to the core.
@OverratedOpinion

“Neat and tidy. Was decent last year”

Glorio

Said it before, basically Mainoo in attack. EtH has very questionable decision making

Valencia Shin Crosses

People acting like it wasn’t Garnacho who mostly started ahead of him. It was the right decision at the time.
No one cared about that, it was fair. We were pissed that Antony repeatedly was the 4th forward being brought on or starting when Rashford/Garnacho weren’t on the wings. And then even more mad after Amads only decent run out minutes wise he scored a winner against Liverpool before not getting a single minute in the 4-5 games after.

It was inexcusable at the time and still is given the circumstances

CloneMC16

Baller. It's a crime that he hasn't been given more minutes this season. May end up being our starting right winger next season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agree, Olise is pretty redundant. I’d rather get another explosive LW and let Amad/Garnacho handle the right side.

Spunking 60m on another half space creative RW seems stupid given all of our other issues within the squad right now.
We have to learn from past mistakes because the money spent on Sancho, Antony and AWB was unnecessary imo because we had two youngsters at the club in Amad and Dalot who required a bit of patience. Hopefully with the Glazers not involved, we can make sensible decisions.

RedIan

Ffs give this kid a run of games and see what hes capable off, we have had glimpses and tonight he was superb.
Sell Anothony, Amad is far superior.

Dan_F

Remember there was a few posters saying he didn't deserve minutes, down played his loan and claimed he was poor in his cameo minutes. If that really was the case, then a performance like this would have came out of nowhere and we would all be shocked to the core.
I think before the last two games he hadn’t really done a huge amount in his cameos, and it’s probably more that posters were so determined to suggest he’d done really well.

Sometimes it might be wise to think that the club and Ten Hag know more about how to manage a player than we do.

Raven

There were a bunch of clowns in here saying he was near and tidy but ineffective and needed to work on his end product after his first start in 2 years last week. Wonder where they are now?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His last two performances make him a starter in the team for me. He's shown it on the pitch and he can't be dropped now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Always nice when the guy that the fans have cried out for to play all season finally gets his chance, and looks quality. Just a much better player than Antony, smarter, better technique, better vision, will play passes with his right foot to keep the move going, quicker... Hopefully he has worked his way in front of the queue now

RuudTom83

Good game tonight and got a goal which is always important for the young lads trying to stay in the team.

I wonder what stage he would have been at now if he didn’t have injury for a huge part of the season. Fingers crossed he can remain injury free for a while…which seems impossible at United.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sometimes you do just need to have faith in the players you do have, I think it’s a mistake we’ve made with that RW more than once. I don’t think we needed Sancho when we signed him as Greenwood was already doing a job (I know how that turned out) we then spent £85m on Antony when we had 2 talented young wingers plus Sancho as is. We just waste money for no good reason.
100%.
People acting like it wasn’t Garnacho who mostly started ahead of him. It was the right decision at the time.
It wasn’t just starting, he was flat out not making the squad or not even getting any sorts of minutes from the bench. It was horrific management.

Raven

I think before the last two games he hadn’t really done a huge amount in his cameos, and it’s probably more that posters were so determined to suggest he’d done really well.

Sometimes it might be wise to think that the club and Ten Hag know more about how to manage a player than we do.
This is hilarious. He's done reasonably well in his cameos this season, other than the Liverpool game where he was great. Suggesting we trust the Glazers and the moron managing the club is just mind boggling.

MDFC Manager

Always nice when the guy that the fans have cried out for to play all season finally gets his chance, and looks quality. Just a much better player than Antony, smarter, better technique, better vision, will play passes with his right foot to keep the move going, quicker... Hopefully he has worked his way in front of the queue now
Also add that he's got at least comparable amount of defensive workrate to Antony, which is supposedly one of the reasons why baldy prefers Antony over him.

Dan_F

This is hilarious. He's done reasonably well in his cameos this season, other than the Liverpool game where he was great. Suggesting we trust the Glazers and the moron managing the club is just mind boggling.
What do the Glazers have to do with managing Amad’s minutes? Everyone know managing young players is difficult and it isn’t just a case of giving them minutes and they get better, this isn’t fifa.

You have no idea why he’s not been in the team so much. I’d be willing to bet Ten Hag and the coaches have been looking for certain qualities from him or wanting him to work on things before giving him starts. It’s not uncommon.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I'm not sure we need Olise with Amad looking like he may well be the answer. I was in the minority a few years back when I said that we should develop Amad rather than sign Sancho.

I think we should afford him the time to make the RWF spot his own and invest money in other areas of the pitch.
Came to say this . Sign that Nico kid

Rashford,Nico, Amad and Garnacho for 2 spots.

Sell the rest .

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
People need to chill out. He's taken his opportunity and earned that RW spot on merit now. Now he has to keep it, stay fit and it's his for next season.

iHicksy

Hope all the people that said i was talking crap a few weeks ago saying he was more than good enough following his sunderland loan can be man enough to apologize now.

Borninthe80ts

I'm not sure we need Olise with Amad looking like he may well be the answer. I was in the minority a few years back when I said that we should develop Amad rather than sign Sancho.

I think we should afford him the time to make the RWF spot his own and invest money in other areas of the pitch.
I fully agree that the two players are similar enough that it would be better served in developing what we already have, and Amad is incredibly talented so it would make a lot of sense.

I still think we should have gone for Sancho even though it didn’t work out. He was the best young talent in Europe at the time for me and I saw them playing together in the future interchanging positions. Pipe dreams I know.

Raven

What do the Glazers have to do with managing Amad’s minutes? Everyone know managing young players is difficult and it isn’t just a case of giving them minutes and they get better, this isn’t fifa.

You have no idea why he’s not been in the team so much. I’d be willing to bet Ten Hag and the coaches have been looking for certain qualities from him or wanting him to work on things before giving him starts. It’s not uncommon.
But we all agree that the club is run like shit and the proof is in the performances and lack of silverware, I thought the consensus is because the structure put on place by the Glazers is not fit for purpose, yet we're supposed to trust this structure?

Ten Hag has proven himself to be stubborn as a mule, Amad should 100% have been given more opportunities this season, I think you'd have to be mad to suggest otherwise.

criticalanalysis

@OverratedOpinion

“Neat and tidy. Was decent last year”
;)

How can any Utd fan that's watched our games this season say this with presumably a straight face?

It's taken ETH 37 league games to finally play a proper midfield set up two games in a row for statistically one of worst seasons ever in so many metrics; you think he's managed Amad well given there were dozens of opportunities for him to pick up more minutes?

If you do, no need to answer back because essentially you're saying 'you don't know what ETH has done, which means we all don't know but I'm saying you're wrong'.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
;)

How can any Utd fan that's watched our games this season say this with presumably a straight face?

It's taken ETH 37 league games to finally play a proper midfield set up two games in a row for statistically one of worst seasons ever in so many metrics; you think he's managed Amad well given there were dozens of opportunities for him to pick up more minutes?

If you do, no need to answer back because essentially you're saying 'you don't know what ETH has done, which means we all don't know but I'm saying you're wrong'.
To be fair, you're also extrapolating off one performance he would have performed like today, consistently. There's absolutely no guarantee that's the case.

city-puma

Now I would like to see how the starting front three could play like, Garnacho, Rashford, Amad. Then, bring in Hoglund to substitute Rashford in the last 30mins. Maybe it could work out.

Scholsey2004

Said it before, basically Mainoo in attack. EtH has very questionable decision making
Yeah, the fact its taken all season for him to start getting decent amounts of game time when we've been so poor all season suggests theres something about him the manager doesnt like. Ive seen enough of Ten Hag now to not want to see another season.

lost7

I still want him to be more impactful during the game, but something h
To be fair, you're also extrapolating off one performance he would have performed like today, consistently. There's absolutely no guarantee that's the case.
Maybe he wouldn't have, but I'd rather watch Amad be tidy on the ball than Anthony just run mindlessly

Woziak

ETH, I think the penny may finally have dropped that Antony is the single signing that may or has cost him his job, he’s now showing that he had learnt that his ridiculous 4-1—-2-3 formation doesn’t work until United strengthen, the default formation is 4231 playing Bruno as a false 9 is a serious option in certain games and Amad has shown he has real elite potential.

criticalanalysis

It's not off one performance but his loan time and the few minutes of what've we seen though.

Let's take a pick under the context of what we've seen this season:

ETH's managing of the squad this season with the continued suicidal 4-2-4 formation and seeing Garnacho, Rashford and Antony's spamming of shots/dribbling into players game after game is fully justified and the very best of what he could have done or the possibility Amad would have been a better option than the few opportunities and minutes he's seen this season?

Both are subjective opinions and we'll never get a definitive answer on this but we're 8th and just had one of our worse season ever.

I mean, I don't know about you but I don't think anybody is holding their breath or bewildered if I was to say 'yeah mate, I think Amad could have had a lot more minutes and ETH's managing of him has not been good'.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
There were a bunch of clowns in here saying he was near and tidy but ineffective and needed to work on his end product after his first start in 2 years last week. Wonder where they are now?
It's weird, was the best player in the championship and whenever he played for us (even through limited minutes) you could clearly see solely on technique he's one of our best players. I don't recall him having a particularly bad game for us either. So I don't know where all the doubters came from, he clearly deserved more chances than he's had.

gajender

Truth to be told we have made pig ears out of Amad's development it seems Kid just needs regular game time to realise his potential but hasn't had the trust of his managers at United for whatever reason .

Dan_F

But we all agree that the club is run like shit and the proof is in the performances and lack of silverware, I thought the consensus is because the structure put on place by the Glazers is not fit for purpose, yet we're supposed to trust this structure?

Ten Hag has proven himself to be stubborn as a mule, Amad should 100% have been given more opportunities this season, I think you'd have to be mad to suggest otherwise.
;)

Setting up a team and tactics have nothing to do with managing a young player’s career. You’re both taking about completely different things to me. Sure, it might have been more beneficial to us right now to have Amad playing more minutes, but is it best for his career. Are they trying to change some behaviours or physical issues. Are they trying to ease him in because of his injury issues.

It’s mad that you think you know better than a whole team of professionals who have been working in football their whole adult lives. Ten Hag has nothing to gain from keeping him on the bench for no reason, especially when needing results.