6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

itso 7

Di Maria, Herrera and Blind is fine for a midfield 3.

Rooney/Falcao/RVP/Mata would have to fit into a 3 up front, most likely 2 going wide (Rooney/Mata) and 1 through the middle (Falcao/RVP). The other option is to use Mata behind 2 strikers, but that leaves us very narrow
If we go 4-3-3 then it could either mean Januzaj comes in for Mata to play on the wing or Mata and Rooney sort of flank Falcao/Van Persie to create a Christmas tree formation. The problem is that we don't have enough pace in the side to effectively play a 4-3-3 I think our best bet is to play the diamond and flood the central areas to dominate the ball then look to have Di Maria breaking on either wing, occasionally. Having Mata, Van Persie and Rooney in the same side was such a bright idea from Moyes.

jesperjaap

With all the crazyness and buzz over the two massive signings of DiMaria and Falcao, almost forgottten we have actually signed Herrera and Shaw where they have both been injured.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Doesn't appear to be with the rest of the match day squad at the lowry.

REJE

Mata sitting infrot of Herrera and Blind, with Di Maria out wide.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Does anyone think he might be converted to a more defensive midfielder in order to play alongside Di Maria? Not purely a central defensive mid like Carvalho. He wouldnt have the luxury to bomb forward every time, instead he might be asked to stay back, tidy up and play as a more deeper lying playmaker?
It doesn't make sense to play him there when we have 2 players perfectly moulded to a deeper position in Blind and Carrick. He has the versatility to play there in injury situations but certainly shouldn't be he starting position. 4-3-3 is the way to go IMO, with Di Maria and Herrera on either side of a defensive minded player in Carrick or Blind.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's fecking brilliant. Pressing, passing, composure and goals. He's got it all!

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Really good strike that. Concentrated on striking a difficult ball across the body.

Drainy

The balance between him and Blind has been great so far. Blind has been the more defensive obviously, but Herrera has dropped in whenever Blind has drifted forward.

Nice finish from Herrera, previous to it the timing of his runs into the box have been excellent.

Agent Red

Seems like a very likeable player. Looks like he's pleased to be with us and enjoying his football, our new Chicharito.

OneUnited24

Gets box to box, good in possession, can tackle, is always available for the pass and looks to pose a goal threat.

But seriously this is what we've been missing for 3-4 seasons... A proper midfielder!

OneUnited24

A goal and assist already - good to see hes already equalled Nani/Valancia/Young/Carrick/Cleverleys stats from last season

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Had we signed Herrera last summer last season would've been better. Had we not subbed Herrera against Swansea we'd have won our last home game. Had Herrera not been injured for the Sunderland and Burnley we probably would've got something more from those games too. That's how much I believe in him.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
For all the talk about Di Maria and Falcao, i think this guy may turn out to best our "best" signing. Hes got pace, energy, technique, drive and seems to be an attacking threat as well. Simply his energy and industry makes our midfield seem ten times better than it was last year.

footballgirl07

Been brilliant in the middle today. Fantastic hit and the one two before setting up Rooneys goal was pure quality.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A very un-Spanish Spanish midfielder. He looks a fiery character. His long range passing isn't the best, but he gives our midfield so much more mobility, and a lot of fight too.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Goal will give him confidence, be great after a run of games with consistent team selection I think.

This isn't the acid test though, even Cleverley would look pretty decent against this shower of shite.

Nah Cleverley would still be abysmal.

Skills

Snitch
He's a bit of a scruffy player like Suarez - ball manages to ricochet of everybody in sight but he somehow manages to get through.

slir32

Looks the real deal Herrera hopefully he can stay injury free and carry this form all season.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Our central midfielder just scored a goal, lads. Let that sink in.

birdy2121

Had we signed Herrera last summer last season would've been better. Had we not subbed Herrera against Swansea we'd have won our last home game. Had Herrera not been injured for the Sunderland and Burnley we probably would've got something more from those games too. That's how much I believe in him.
He is looking some player, can't wait to see him up against the top teams in the PL will really see his worth even more then.

Status
Not open for further replies.