g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ander Herrera image 21

Ander Herrera Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LARulz

He injects some urgency into our play. Need him back desperately

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I said it before, play him in a 3-men midfield, especially away from home. He has not played too well so far but certainly he's better than Rooney or Carrick

ZDwyr

I said it before, play him in a 3-men midfield, especially away from home. He has not played too well so far but certainly he's better than Rooney or Carrick
Not according to the manager.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's injured but what difference does it make. The captain must always play. Must be an immensely strong character not to be fed up with this shit.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Remember when Ander Herrera played for regularly for us? Do it Louis. Do it.

Dante

Average bang
Technically brilliant, but he's been very wasteful in his recent outings. I think he needs to tighten up his passing if he wants LvG to seriously consider him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Seems to be back in training which is great news, no idea what his injury was but most importantly he's returned as we face a difficult set of fixtures with Everton, CSKA and City.

ice-bionic red

Hasn't impressed as much when played so far this season but he really does make us tick when he gets going. A 3 of Basti, Schneiderlin and him would be absolutely awesome with a run of games! Unfortunately we are not going to see it.

I am still staggered that after our midfield signings at the start of the season we still aren't playing LVG's famous 4-3-3 with these guys.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It is difficult to understand why Louis Van Gaal seems to see Ander Herrera as a peripheral player. United's best performances under Van Gaal have happened when Herrera has played. Again, so far today, Herrera has given United that bit extra in midfield. More speed in the passing, more cleverness on the ball, more energy off the ball. If Herrera keeps going like this, and still gets dropped, you have to wonder what he has to do to convince Van Gaal that he is United quality.

podurban2

Will become undroppable, again. Impressive stuff from him, a gift that keeps on giving. Curious to see if Van Gaal drops Memphis next game.

thejtrain

It's just us fan boys wanting him play, right? Damn, if he doesn't get more starts (I think he should be a regular in the first team) than he does, LVG is a fecking idiot.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He just links everything up, never stops moving and creating angles. When we are out of possession he hassles everyone, with intelligence too as he cuts out passing channels.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Same as last season really. Couldn't find his way into the team after an impressive start, but became arguably our best outfield player once he was instated as a starting XI regular. Hope Van Gaal has stumbled onto a stable setup again for the second time in two seasons, and this is the first of many starts for Ander. In his absence we really miss that dynamic element that no other midfielder (apart from Schneiderlin) provides, and unlike Morgan he is a major attacking threat when given a bit of freedom. The fact that he scored the most goals for a United midfielder since Scholes 2004/2005, and in just 28 starts is somehow minimized. Just love the energy and hustle he plays with, willing runner, not afraid to try something different (points docked in the current system), presses like a hyena off the ball, refreshing change of pace from some of our other static displays. Perfect linkup man for our forwards, somehow raises the tempo of the entire team, just as he did last season too to be fair.

Winrar

if hererra doesn't get a look in our team after that performance than nothing will.

Geordopolous

The best individual performance of any of our players this season. He's was immense! Was an absolute leader out there.. So vocal

Kostur

海尔的老板
Fantastic performance, hope he puts Depay on his ass on the bench because he's well more deserved of the spot at the moment.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
All I can say after Herrera's performance today is that I hope Van Gaal starts to trust him now. There were times, especially when Herrera made late runs into the box for crosses, where he could have been a short haired Jari Litmanen. We all know the qualities Herrera brings to the team. Somehow though he keeps getting dropped. We play so much better with Herrera in the pitch, even when he doesn't produce a goal and assist as he did today. Still, you always feel that he's only one quiet half away from spending two months in the wilderness. For some reason the manager just doesn't trust him.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
His first start in a long while and he gives us an assist and a goal, not to mention he runs tirelessly all game, links up well and has some really good defensive contributions.

If he does not start against the bitters next game i am seriously going to question Van Gaals sanity.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
3 goals and 3 assists already, despite not featuring all the time and having a spell out injured.

Like Mata, he always racks up good numbers and is very efficient in his play.

8 United goals from 10 shots on target or something, was the stat floating about earlier I think.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Love the guy. Works his bollocks off and lifts our tempo so much in the final third. A real gem.

facund

Good game and that comes on the back of limited football so far this season. Looked much more comfortable being able to drift around more rather than being stuck as a high #10 and adds some much needed bite, energy and tempo to the entire team.

JackXX

He's a brilliant player who is positive with and without the ball and it's what we've been missing. You can't have Carrick and Schneiderlin sat in front of our CB's you need at least one midfield player who makes forward runs. He was exceptional today and made life easier for the rest of the team. That today was the balance we need.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
As long as he's fit, he needs to play. LVG really needs to stick with him from now on - he's the one that needs to be undroppable ffs!

kundalini

It is completely bewildering that LVG doesn't rate Herrera enough to start him whenever he is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.