Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Another unbelievable game from him, particularly when he was paired up with Mata in the first half

Eddy_JukeZ

Like 1 poster said, he adds that dynamism to our attack which is needed.

Very good performance.

togg

It is completely bewildering that LVG doesn't rate Herrera enough to start him whenever he is fit.
Because there is more to a game than just a great player of a certain sort? Sometimes...and we have seen it...he doesn't fit the opposition...simple as that. I trust the guys that study the opposition to judge that.

Varun

Staff
Excellent game from him, really is the heartbeat when he plays.

BFS + schneiderlin + Herrera is our best possible combo and should start every game.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I got to admit, I would be playing over Rooney at this point, certainly off the striker anyway.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Fantastic today, I actually gave Smalling MoTM but I can see why so many gave it to Ander with his all round performance plus a goal and an assist to show for it. Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Carrick are all excellent midfielders, but Herrera seems to add some urgency and life to our play that's sometimes missing whenever he's not on the pitch. Him and Schneiderlin made a big difference I think.

itso 7

It's hard to get excited with his performances or potential because I just know that LvG is waiting for one mistake or for his favourites to pick up form before dropping him like a sack of shit because he has a way shorter leash than a everyone else. Great game today and like we have been saying, we don't lose much in attack when we play him proving again that LvG is full of shit when he says ge prefers his 10 to be more a second striker than a midfielder yet we suffer creatively because his 10s create a huge disconnect between the front two and the rest of the midfield. This guy gives us offensive and defensive balance plus our attacks do not break down because of a shit first touch or a poor short passing game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great to have him back fit and in form right before the City game. We missed him against Arsenal (and Schneiderlin), but Van Gaal singling him out as the star man today probably means that he'll start next week as well. As he should. Just gives us so much.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I never understood why he got benched. While I'm not in the Herrera fanboy club like some here, he's a great player and I can't remember a really poor performance by him. He's very versatile and thus always contributes in one way or another. There's no reason to not keep playing him.

Devil may care

Play a proper midfield 3 and play Herrera and we are a better team both defensively and offensively.

Raw

I never understood why he got benched. While I'm not in the Herrera fanboy club like some here, he's a great player and I can't remember a really poor performance by him. He's very versatile and thus always contributes in one way or another. There's no reason to not keep playing him.
It was that West Brom away game last season, he just came back from injury but he was absolutely terrible. Came off at half time and was relegated to the bench for aaaages until he came back in and dominated games.

I think there was a similar game this season where Herrera looked really poor but I can't remember which one it was.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Would people be happy to see Martial shunted out wide (although he still plays very well there) to accommodate Herrera in midfield?

itso 7

Would people be happy to see Martial shunted out wide (although he still plays very well there) to accommodate Herrera in midfield?
Whilst Martial played well on the left Rooney is guy guy who should be shunted out on the left because Martial just gives us so much more playing uptop - his hold up play, dribbling and a much better short passing game could see us build something beautiful with Herrera and Mata. The problem would be width but Martial drifts around a lot so it's won't be as big an issue.

acnumber9

I'm not normally one of the ones blinded by Hererra love here but he made a huge difference to us today. He was outstanding.

Bwuk

Man of the match comfortably.

Spanish Lampard does it again. Bizarre how he isn't a guaranteed starter in our current squad.

clarkydaz

Whilst Martial played well on the left Rooney is guy guy who should be shunted out on the left because Martial just gives us so much more playing uptop - his hold up play, dribbling and a much better short passing game could see us build something beautiful with Herrera and Mata. The problem would be width but Martial drifts around a lot so it's won't be as big an issue.
Rooney cant drive the flank pace wise and will always come inside on his right foot. It seems Martial is better both up top and doing his job for the team shape if playing on the left, as Rooney has to be shoehorned in somewhere.

itso 7

Rooney cant drive the flank pace wise and will always come inside on his right foot. It seems Martial is better both up top and doing his job for the team shape if playing on the left, as Rooney has to be shoehorned in somewhere.
I understand that but Rooney isn't pulling up trees playing as the striker, was giving away the ball for fun today before his goal so he is the one I'd shunt out wide to minimize his disruption to our flow. It's true that he won'r drive us from the wing like Martial did today but there he'd get more time on the ball and maybe get to link up with the LB.

Jerch

It was just a perfect number 10 display today from him. Assist, goal and helped both midfield and attack a lot. It was like having both second striker and 3rd midfielder on the pitch.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
But there's this one thing I don't understand yet. He was dropped because of poor performances but other players were poor too, right?

itso 7

It was just a perfect number 10 display today from him. Assist, goal and helped both midfield and attack a lot. It was like having both second striker and 3rd midfielder on the pitch.
This and explains why the b.s Lvg spouts to justify freezing him out is so fecking infuriating. He's got a set of attributes that make him perfect for the role in this role and in this league where you need the majority of your team to put in a shift.

VanGaalEra

Him and Schneiderlin simply have to start. Basti and Carrick can rotate for the third spot!

We look so much more dangerous going forward with him playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.