Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We knew what he delivers, end product. Last season he got 9 goals with very limited playing time until February or something along those lines. If he's consistently played we could see him ending up with something like 15 goals and 10 assists by the end of the season. He is that kind of player.

stu_1992

Certainly made his case to start more regularly today. Very impressive performance. Not that I think that it will actually happen however.

Sylar

Love how he has the time to complain about the foul on Martial before running in the box to head it in. :lol:
And on top of that, its a late run into the box to meet a cross with a headed goal. Love midfield goals like that.

In a position where he basically needs to start every match possible especially when Mata is on the pitch.

DarkXaero

Other than the goal, his pass for Rooney's goal was so perfectly timed and weighted. His performance today in the #10 role, you can't ask for anything more. Hopefully he has earned some consecutive starts in that role now.

HabeasC

He's so creative but he is not weak defensively like Mata, Ozil or Silva. He should be the perfect number 10 for Van Gaal, as he can score goals too.

Sam

He needs to start every game. We're a better team with him in it. Its just that simple really.

izec

Incredible how efficient he is. Give him a good chance and he will most likely score. That is something i havent expected and seen from him in Spain, but he has a killer instinct for a midfielder in front of goal.

Dante

Average bang
Is he the most two-footed player in our team? I can't think of anyone else who's so good on both sides.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is he the most two-footed player in our team? I can't think of anyone else who's so good on both sides.
Schweinsteiger is really good on either foot... Never really noticed that as being a particularly strong point of Herrera. Not a weak point of course, just nothing hugely noticeable like it is with Cazorla for example.

rooney1905

He makes Rooney and the rest of the team play better. He is extremely efficient as a player. He is also giving instructions. I loved seeing him talking to Lindgard when he came on. He really should be the 2nd or 3rd name on team sheet after De Gea and Smalling. His energy, variety, and technical ability fits in perfectly with Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger. I just fear Van Gaal will bench him again at the first chance. Had Young been fit we might have seen Rooney in the hole. We have been in this place before so I don't want to get my hopes up that he will be a permanent starter.

suheilsworld

He is really tailor made for no.10 role. So consistent and composed. I have always said he is one of the most calmest players on the ball even when surrounded by opposition players. Needs to start every important game

Sereques

The way he was talking to everyone in the midfield and telling them what to do was amazing. It's like having an extra captain.

prath92

Brilliant game from him. I have to say I wasn't pleased with his performances this season but that was more like the Herrera we know. Hope he keeps it up.

prath92

It was that West Brom away game last season, he just came back from injury but he was absolutely terrible. Came off at half time and was relegated to the bench for aaaages until he came back in and dominated games.

I think there was a similar game this season where Herrera looked really poor but I can't remember which one it was.
He was injured before that game and played the game with a back support and understandably was poor. He took a month to recover and played vs Hull after being fit and assisted a goal for rvp.

As for this season he was poor vs Southampton.

Schweinsteiger is really good on either foot... Never really noticed that as being a particularly strong point of Herrera. Not a weak point of course, just nothing hugely noticeable like it is with Cazorla for example.
When on the left flank Herrera puts in brilliant crosses with his left foot. Saw one yesterday and last season he crossed to young in the derby with his left.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
There was a guy on here last week who said he doesn't see what Herrera can bring to the team and the he shouldn't be picked. I left that discussion at one point but by now it should be pretty obvious

Oneunited26

It does drive you mad, when both herrera and morgan should have started alongside bastian against arsenal, yet VG choose the ageing legs of carrick and rooney. Once again, VG has to learn that he has got to start playing guys like herrera and Morgan week in week out, who Herrera does help us flood and overrun teams, and keep the ball moving at a quicker tempo. It is probably the first time since scholes was in his prime, we have a player like Herrera who can score those cracking goals from distance, and ghosting into the box

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
He was injured before that game and played the game with a back support and understandably was poor. He took a month to recover and played vs Hull after being fit and assisted a goal for rvp.

As for this season he was poor vs Southampton.

When on the left flank Herrera puts in brilliant crosses with his left foot. Saw one yesterday and last season he crossed to young in the derby with his left.
He also played a nice cross for Fellaini with his left foot, in the 2-1 win against Stoke.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anyone have any GIF/videos of him ordering the team around just before the second half? It was hilarious.

Jerch

The way he was talking to everyone in the midfield and telling them what to do was amazing. It's like having an extra captain.
Yeah i like that. Till now we have Rooney as a real captain, Schweinsteiger and Smalling who are captains even if they don't have armband, De Gea who got armband few weeks ago and some said he would be a great captain and now Herrera as an extra captain.
By the end of the seasons we will have 11 captains on the pitch, beat that if you can.

pascell

The team just ticks so much better with him in it. One thing that stood out for me, was when Lingard came on at HT it showed him talking to him and giving him instructions, absolutely fantastic player.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm not a huge supporter of Herrera. There is a over-the-top love-in on this forum for him, BUT yesterday's MOTM performance was fully deserved.
I do believe that he is our best No.10 and should be starting every game.

The problem though, is that Rooney is undroppable. So, how can Herrera play regularly with Rooney in the team?

Yesterday Memphis was taken out of the team, but I don't see this happening regularly. I think Memphis & Rooney are LVG's favourite players.
The only scenario where I can see Herrera breaking into the team (and staying) is if Rooney gets a long term injury. I say long term, because if Rooney only misses 2-3 games, you know that he will immediately go back in and Herrera will get benched.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Found this on YouTube

We need an rvn

It does drive you mad, when both herrera and morgan should have started alongside bastian against arsenal, yet VG choose the ageing legs of carrick and rooney. Once again, VG has to learn that he has got to start playing guys like herrera and Morgan week in week out, who Herrera does help us flood and overrun teams, and keep the ball moving at a quicker tempo. It is probably the first time since scholes was in his prime, we have a player like Herrera who can score those cracking goals from distance, and ghosting into the box
Herrera was still injured for the arsenal match. but agree, if he was fit he should have played

jeff_goldblum

Seems clear to me that both Martial and Herrera are better options at the present time than Rooney. Would like to see the 4-2-3-1 given a go with Herrera at the #10 behind Martial.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The thing that impresses me most is his finishing, very rarely makes a hash of it, always calm and composed and I think his strike against Howard in the first half was one of the first I have seen him just put his foot through without trying to pick a corner.

Just an incredibly cool head in scoring positions.

Spock

Spot perfect on.

itso 7

There was a guy on here last week who said he doesn't see what Herrera can bring to the team and the he shouldn't be picked. I left that discussion at one point but by now it should be pretty obvious
Some people have made a life through deferring to authority so I guess it shouldn't be surprising to see such comments. The boy makes a massive difference to our team such that it should be obvious what he brings to the side but some are too defensive because admitting his quality will automatically make them question the deficiencies found in certain untouchables who are done at this level.

itso 7

Some people have made a life through deferring to authority so I guess it shouldn't be surprising to see such comments. The boy makes a massive difference to our team such that it should be obvious what he brings to the side but some are too defensive because admitting his quality will automatically make them question the deficiencies found in certain untouchables who are done at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.