g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ander Herrera image 21

Ander Herrera Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
I didn't think he was bad at all not compared to Mata anyway. I hope van Gaal sticks with him in the starting line up.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was better than Mata and much better than Rooney, but a fairly meh performance from him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he played well and helped dominate the game. There wasn't much space in the middle though with City playing so many defensive players and defensive mids. Both him and Mata (and any attacking mid) needs a striker who makes runs in behind to stretch teams. Martial up front does that and Mata was at his best in those games Martial was up top. Rooney just doesn't do that.

criticalanalysis

I'm not quite sure the no movement argument fully absolves Herrera, I'd much rather see him try some through balls and then to blame Rooney if he's not in the right place rather than just use Rooney's mediocrity used as a blanket excuse.
lol I know you're joking but the way things have been, we would see Herrera dropped from the squad for a 3rd time after getting himself back into it.

There's no way he would/could force a pass because LVG would tell the media it was poor decision making and obviously no one would blame Rooney for sh|t.

pacifictheme

Except create our two best chances and be our most influential creator?
To be fair when Mata has games like that most of the Caf want him out the team.

Anyway about today.. I thought Herrera played a blinding pass through to Sterling. Did ok apart from that.

ZDwyr

I really want to see him get a good run in the team with Martial leading the line.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Ander Interview:

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ra-discusses-being-a-footballing-fanatic.aspx

"I feel at home at Manchester United," he said. "I am enjoying the best league in the world. I think it has the best organisation, the best stadiums, the best atmosphere.

"I remember playing against Cambridge in the FA Cup and we waited 25 minutes because the Cambridge fans were coming on a bus and they were delayed. I was thinking that’s really, really good because they are thinking about the fans and football is about fans. I always say the same – if the footballing world doesn’t think of the fans, it’s going to lose the passion and the love. So I was impressed but I was very happy because the fans come first here."

Herrera was asked if he would attend a match with the away supporters if he was ever unavailable due to injury or suspension.

"Yes, of course," he replied. "I would like to go to one away game with the fans one day because our away fans are unbelievable. They are always singing and very noisy and they help us a lot. That is why I celebrate my goals with them because I have to say ‘thank you’ to them for supporting us. They travel around the world, they spend the money, they spend the time so I think we have to be very, very thankful.

"[When they chant my name] I feel really, really proud. When you know United’s history and that our fans have seen big players – George Best, Bobby Charlton, Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney - when they sing your name it’s a very proud moment."

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Will he ever play CM again? He could potentially be our long-term partner for Schneiderlin.

cyberman

His last 3 games has been as bad as Rooneys at no 10 this year.
Will it kill us to play Mata there?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
When did he stop turning and running forward? That was the best thing about him, controlling the ball in midfield quick turn and he's off.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Poor performance, should've been taken off instead of Mata in my opinion.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was terrible. Probably played more back passes today than he has done in his whole career.

Devil may care

I don't think he has enough guile or goal threat to play as a #10, especially in tough, tight games, disappointing from him today.

Ace of Spades

Poor performance, should've been taken off instead of Mata in my opinion.
Mata was poor as well, not to mention he was providing no help for our RB. Too many players were poor today, but we can only make 3 substitutions.

WyoManU

Sadly, he was really, really bad today. Don't think he has what it takes to be in that role. Nice guy and all that, but when you can't beat a man with a dribble you don't offer enough in the modern game where teams are so fit and organized.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Mata was poor as well, not to mention he was providing no help for our RB. Too many players were poor today, but we can only make 3 substitutions.
Mata would've been moved to the middle anyways. Mata was still better than Herrera, albeit not great either.

DomesticTadpole

Mata would've been moved to the middle anyways. Mata was still better than Herrera, albeit not great either.
While Wayne is in the side, we will always have the problem of other players being shunted all over the place. Wayne should have been dropped. Young wide and Martial up front. Not a great performance today. This manager is sucking all the life out of our team. They are terrified of taking a risk. He says they can, but they can't really.

Raw

Yeah he was bad today. He'll get dropped after one bad game too, and Rooney will still start.

Sorry for bringing Rooney into another thread :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Yeah he was bad today. He'll get dropped after one bad game too, and Rooney will still start.

Sorry for bringing Rooney into another thread :lol:
Probably will. He hasn't been great tbh. Rooney has been bad all season. This dressing room is going to fracture soon if the manager isn't careful. BFS and Mata must be getting fed up being substituted all the time.

facund

Not lived up to his billing in the past few games, seems to have gone in to his shell and become a little sloppy.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not lived up to his billing in the past few games, seems to have gone in to his shell and become a little sloppy.
He's a better than average playmaker but nowhere close to the likes of Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes. And that is the quality standard we should aspire for as United fans.

He is massively over hyped on here. Personally I don't get the love fest.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Funny, he is playing probably his worst football since he came here and yet he is starting games and playing 90 minutes. When he was all creative and scoring goals he was regulary dropped.

MarkC

He's a better than average playmaker but nowhere close to the likes of Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes. And that is the quality standard we should aspire for as United fans.

Don't get the hype either he must be decent on Fifa of FM or something.

Looks decent at times but lots of games where he doesn't stand out at all. Very very poor today and needs to cut out the diving soon as he gets tackled inside the box before he builds a reputation.

facund

Don't get the hype either he must be decent on Fifa of FM or something.

Looks decent at times but lots of games where he doesn't stand out at all. Very very poor today and needs to cut out the diving soon as he gets tackled inside the box before he builds a reputation.
Some of the hype is over the top but I think many are fond of him due to the dynamic and progressive nature of his play which made a big impression on fans after years of a slow and quite static set up.
He isn't a #10 in my book and looked much more comfortable in our midfield last season, I am fond of him but you can't really defend his recent form. We are quickly running out of people to drop though and when we have played well (during the entire LVG era) he has generally been involved and impressed.

DomesticTadpole

Some of the hype is over the top but I think many are fond of him due to the dynamic and progressive nature of his play which made a big impression on fans after years of a slow and quite static set up.
He isn't a #10 in my book and looked much more comfortable in our midfield last season, I am fond of him but you can't really defend his recent form. We are quickly running out of people to drop though and when we have played well (during the entire LVG era) he has generally been involved and impressed.
I would hope he gets paired with Morgan in a midfield two on Tuesday and next weekend. The selling of all those strikers in the summer and not replacing them is impacting on this side. Rooney is running the club by the look of it. Amazingly the manager doesn't know Martial's best position, absolutely unbelievable.

DomesticTadpole

I hate this

He never says such things for someone like Rooney for example. If you are going to do something, at least be consistent with all the players.
He's right, but that is disgusting. He is picking on the easy targets. I bet he does that in the dressing room as well. Darmian will have been ripped to pieces. Yet Wayne gets away with it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I hate this

He never says such things for someone like Rooney for example. If you are going to do something, at least be consistent with all the players.
"I asked Martial why he overhit that pass for our beloved Wayne and he couldn't answer why. Probably because he doesn't speak English. So we in club agreed to give Wayne bonus for this week."

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Quit bullying easy targets like Ander. :mad:

PS: He hasn't been great lately though. In a bit of a rut, much like Darmian. In the red zone perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.