5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz4231

Played a lot better Wednesday without Herrera as a number 10, really don't think he's the right player for the role and would much prefer him competing for a place in that midfield 2.
Agree but also Mata should be given a chance at #10.

Walters_19_MuFc

Played a lot better Wednesday without Herrera as a number 10, really don't think he's the right player for the role and would much prefer him competing for a place in that midfield 2.
I wouldnt say we looked better because Hererra wasnt the 10, but more so because we played a 442, which seemed to be the right decision by Van Gaal, as Moscow were always going to have 11 men behind the ball. We looked more positive than we've been recently and created some decent chances.

manutddjw

I think his skill set would enable him to be a decent #10 for us, but once he became a full fledged philosopher, his game has suffered tremendously. We need a #10 that is going to create chances for our forward and Herrera hasn't done much more than pass sideways and backwards. When Rooney was at #10 on Tuesday at least he tried to play the ball forward. Herrera hasn't done that recently.

Born2Lose

I wouldnt say we looked better because Hererra wasnt the 10, but more so because we played a 442, which seemed to be the right decision by Van Gaal, as Moscow were always going to have 11 men behind the ball. We looked more positive than we've been recently and created some decent chances.
That's definitely a fair point, and I'd much prefer in the majority of games that we went two upfront, especially home games where teams are going to park the bus. I just don't think Mata/Herrera on the same pitch works against these types of teams.

Sylar

Hes better suited to playing as a third midfielder than two in midfield. Makes more sense he didnt start (unless of course Rooney was no starting lolz)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hes better suited to playing as a third midfielder than two in midfield. Makes more sense he didnt start (unless of course Rooney was no starting lolz)
Was glad he got on and contributed to the 2nd goal. He now gets a couple of weeks without playing, so will be fresh. In a way was glad Fellaini wasn't available for us to hoof balls to.

hbgreg

He was dropped because of pretty poor form, I know everyone will say; "Rooney didn't do any better either!" but the main point is that he can't play Herrera and Mata together. They want to occupy the same positions on the field and it turns into a bit of a mess.

Skills

Snitch
Hopefully its just a small strain. Smalling apparently pulled his hammy too for England against France but was back quick enough.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He was dropped because of pretty poor form, I know everyone will say; "Rooney didn't do any better either!" but the main point is that he can't play Herrera and Mata together. They want to occupy the same positions on the field and it turns into a bit of a mess.
Can't play Herrera and Mata together he says...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Was on his way to having a great game. Looked very sharp and a peach of an assist from him.

So unfortunate, feel we've lost quite a bit in our performance from his injury.
He was terrible apart from the assist.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Nobody else at Man Utd plays quick passes and through balls quite like Herrera. I hope his injury isn't serious.

nemanja15

The fact his reaction was quite so passionate and the fact he was on the bench for the whole of the second half makes me think positively that he's not too badly hurt either.

Raw

The fact his reaction was quite so passionate and the fact he was on the bench for the whole of the second half makes me think positively that he's not too badly hurt either.
Yeah, if he's jumping about so wildly it can't be too big of an injury. Will probably miss the PSV game though.

ottosec

Fantastic cross fro the Memphis goal. Hopefully his injury is not serious.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That celebration :lol: Great assist from him, hope that his injury isn't that serious because we're getting short in numbers.

Moby

Dick
So he celebrated a goal scored by the team he plays for and now half of Manchester is ready to give an arm and a leg to tickle his bum.

Nice assist anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.