g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ander Herrera image 21

Ander Herrera Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
LVG's dislike of Herrera is baffling at times.
Our best player bar Rooney. But yet Fellaini stays on. He must really hate clever footballers, I guess he wouldn't like Scholes much either. But Herrera must pray for LVG to be sacked asap, I just hope we get a manager in that helps to settle little gems like Herrera.
TBH Herrera looked like he ran out of gas

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
he's still building his fittness after injury but if Fellaini wasnt so awful covering ground and Morgan imposed more on the game, would never happened
Come on to feck I'm not saying you don't have a little truth but surely Herrera needs to be better?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Why is keep turning back? One of the best things about his game last season was positive he was.
No options, perhaps. The gaps between midfield and attack are enormous. Liverpool are everywhere and we're not showing for the ball. rooney and Fellaini are too immobile to show for a pass, and Lingard and Martial look pinned to the sidelines.

Herrera hasn't been good, but I don't think he has done too much wrong. As a team, we are just offering nothing today. No runs, no support from the midfield. I can't see where a goal could possibly come from today.

Sylar

Come on Ander you can do better. :(
We could post this in every player performance thread, but honestly I think it will be a struggle for all of them with how were playing.
It seems like were set up to not lose rather than win.

RedStarUnited

Why is keep turning back? One of the best things about his game last season was positive he was.
Ive been thinking this very same thing in the last 3 months or so. He turns back or plays a square at nearly every opportunity now. You cant do that if you are meant to be the main creator of the team (number 10 role).

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is far from our worst players, and definitely much better in first half than his midfield partners.

prath92

He is far from our worst players, and definitely much better in first half than his midfield partners.
fellaini has been comfortably better than any of schneiderlin or herrera. At least he tried ssomethin

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I thought he was supposed to be a good passer? What the hell

Mister_Stubbs

Ander is one of the few players we have who really does suffer because of the way LVG sets us up and wants us to play.

izec

He plays far too fast and hectic, taking direct shots and playing passes while still stumbling around. Should take a deep breath and look for composure.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Once we started playing with more tempo second half I thought he was our best midfielder. Still shit, but it was a poor showing from everybody.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ander is one of the few players we have who really does suffer because of the way LVG sets us up and wants us to play.
He was great against Newcastle, so he picks the same side and instead of playing the same way, goes cautious. We won, so this time I don't really care. The spirit in this team is good. I like that they are still tight despite all the criticism. A lot of teams would be at each others throats in these circumstances.

Raw

Should have done better. But we won in the end so I don't really care in the end.

His celebrations are amazing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like Ander but he was very poor today, looked slow and weak and passed back way too often. Maybe it's van gaals instructions but he must be more confident going forward and get involved in the game

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
His problems today weren't even anything to do with instructions. His passing was just quite poor in general, and I'm going to guess that even LVG isn't telling him to intentionally misplace passes.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You're right, I wasn't.

But a year is a long time and what I've seen since then hasn't impressed.
Maybe he had a system that suited the lad and brought out the best in him. Then for some reason decides, no that didn't work, when it did and we are playing terribly and Ander suffers for it. He must be the player in the side who has had to learn more new ways of playing that anyone else. I think he plays well against the sides who have a go. Liverpool were not as open as Newcastle and he showed what he can do against Everton. I think sometimes LvG sends his sides out to be hard to beat. There were only a few players who were good today.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's such a fan of football though too. Some of the best interviews he's done you can sense his passion for the sport and certain clubs. He lives for it.

Ibi Dreams

He's such a fan of football though too. Some of the best interviews he's done you can sense his passion for the sport and certain clubs. He lives for it.
In that video he did with Mata recently Mata said that Herrera will literally watch 2 or 3 games in a row in an evening for fun, he bloody loves it

Status
Not open for further replies.