Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He was very good in the first half but I didn't notice his presence as much in the second. Still, better than last few games.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The substitution made zero sense. Mata barely even saw the ball when he replaced him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Catalyst for everything that was good in the first half. Simply overrun in the second.

Devil may care

He came out of this game with a lot of credit. The defence was atrocious, Morgan was bad tonight, but was that rustiness. Fellaini needs to go. I was actually happy for Wayne.
I thought Ander's movement off the ball and incisiveness on it were a real highlight of the performance.

m1y2

Was very good today. Have no idea why he was taken off.
you dont bench captain fantastic right? if we speculate a bit if ander stayed on the pitch Martial would go up front, Ander might not score like rooney did into top corner but Martial being up top would make much more problems than rooney, he would go past collocini with ease and slot it past keeper, rooney also had another good chance which with a bit more space and actual technique could have converted so I am sure we would score anyway but its all if, I was surprised that Ander got on the pitch in the first place as he didnt have a good game last term but it was refreshing to see a palyer who likes to play quick football make runs etc, blatant decision to let fellaini on the pitch and start him in the first place ahead of pereira who could have combine much better in that area and help to organize the passing game so we would be much more in control but fellaini's ther for his height isnt he, so he can score headers:-)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
you dont bench captain fantastic right? if we speculate a bit if ander stayed on the pitch Martial would go up front, Ander might not score like rooney did into top corner but Martial being up top would make much more problems than rooney, he would go past collocini with ease and slot it past keeper, rooney also had another good chance which with a bit more space and actual technique could have converted so I am sure we would score anyway but its all if, I was surprised that Ander got on the pitch in the first place as he didnt have a good game last term but it was refreshing to see a palyer who likes to play quick football make runs etc, blatant decision to let fellaini on the pitch and start him in the first place ahead of pereira who could have combine much better in that area and help to organize the passing game so we would be much more in control but fellaini's ther for his height isnt he, so he can score headers:-)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

RedStarUnited

I still think he goes back too much. If his first instinct every time he got the ball was to move forward with it, he would look much better.

He is brilliant of the ball though.

Ash_G

It's really frustrating that we just can't play him alongside Schneiderlin with a license to break forward for a run of games. Fellaini is allowed to do that yet struggles to link up well, Herrera can get forward and will get back as well.

Sylar

Not sure why LVG cant just have him and Morgan + 1 other in a midfield three (ideally carrick or basti or them switching) where him and Morgan do not come off unless we are 2 goals up or necessity.

arthurka

LVG's dislike of Herrera is baffling at times.
Our best player bar Rooney. But yet Fellaini stays on. He must really hate clever footballers, I guess he wouldn't like Scholes much either. But Herrera must pray for LVG to be sacked asap, I just hope we get a manager in that helps to settle little gems like Herrera.

Ash_G

Not sure why LVG cant just have him and Morgan + 1 other in a midfield three (ideally carrick or basti or them switching) where him and Morgan do not come off unless we are 2 goals up or necessity.
I just can't fathom how we've invested so much in midfield yet end up in a situation at the moment where the best passer behind the attackers is far too often Blind at CB.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I just can't fathom how we've invested so much in midfield yet end up in a situation at the moment where the best passer behind the attackers is far too often Blind at CB.
Herrera started the move for Lingards goal and Lingards miss. He was one of the pluses tonight. Morgan, Fellaini and the defence bar DDG were one massive minus. There again having Fellaini next to you in midfield would put anyone off.

Sylar

TBh, weve not invested well for a number of years, including fergies last years. Maybe even since 2008

dcullivanio

Cracking player. Shows real intelligence at times. Very neat and tidy. Was the fulcrum of the attack last night with everything moving around him. He does have a tendency to fade at times in games and he can get overrun, but when he's already done the business as per last nights chances created, how can we moan. He's one of very few United players to make things happen. Long may his run in the team continue.

prath92

Was good yesterday. Passing was incisive and was good off the ball too. But he has to stop conceding needless freekicks in dangerous areas.

izec

Hasn't been the same since coming back from his injury. He's shown at times a maniacal appetite to kick lumps out the opposition, I like.
Has nothing to do with the injury though, if that is what you are implying here. He was sitting for weeks on the bench. He obviously changed his style to please LvG

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Difference between Fellaini and Herrera is that Fellaini is crap and fouling is about all he can do. The fouling aspect is just one side to Herrera's game which is accompanied by very good technical ability. Herrera is a player that can foul, Fellaini is a foul awaiting a player.

prath92

Has nothing to do with the injury though, if that is what you are implying here. He was sitting for weeks on the bench. He obviously changed his style to please LvG
Weeks? He got injured vs Watford on Nov 21. Before that he started vs Everton on Oct 18, CSKA on Oct 21 City Oct 26 , Palace on Oct 31 and was benched vs West Brom on Nov 8 and home to CSKA on Nov 5 alone. A week at max on the bench. Since his return he played every game iirc including the sheff united game.

I just wonder if this is a Spanish thing. When you follow games there seems to be foul after foul. That is the way they stop people. I wonder if anyone is a expert on this.
He gives Fks in dangerous positions though. I wouldnt mind him making small fouls like Morgan does far away

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
My favourite United player right now. His ability to set the stage for others to get the job done.
My only issue is his tendency to hit the deck, no wonder he can't last 90 mins. For a pro he should know this.

Ash_G

TBh, weve not invested well for a number of years, including fergies last years. Maybe even since 2008
That's true however whilst with Fergie we all know it was frustrating but ultimately he delivered over that period although perhaps had we shown the same appetite to spend then as we have recently who knows where we'd be.

But with LVG he's spent big and it feels very much that it's his questionable choices with his selections that are causing issues in the middle (as opposed to Fergie's odd view of the value in the market), such as being overly defensive in the middle in some games and most annoyingly for me, now that we have a proper DM in Schneiderlin who can screen the defence well just being so unwilling to give Herrera and extended run there which could help so much with moving the ball well. I'm not saying Herrera is great or anything but he's a useful player who can bring more out of others with his energy, quick and intelligent not to mention ambitious passing.

That's what's so annoying, whist there are problems in the squad I just can't see how an extended run of schneiderlin, herrera and mata centrally, martial, rooney and Depay/lingard couldn't play some decent stuff and is generally quite a complimentary side.

Empire

LVG's dislike of Herrera is baffling at times.
Our best player bar Rooney. But yet Fellaini stays on. He must really hate clever footballers, I guess he wouldn't like Scholes much either. But Herrera must pray for LVG to be sacked asap, I just hope we get a manager in that helps to settle little gems like Herrera.
He probably hated Iniesta and Xavi too.

Status
Not open for further replies.