g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Ander Herrera image 21

Ander Herrera Spain flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That's BS. Morgan was a great defensive partner for Ander today.
I agree. Both had two or three sloppy moments between them, especially when we were under the cosh and just getting the ball out, but it was a good pairing. One I was worried about before the game but they did well. Hope to see more of it and hope it can work in a similar fashion to Matic/Cesc did last season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very good. Ander is at hjs best in these intense performances where we stretch teams. Important goal and it seemed to be a quality effort even without the deflection.

Trizy

Just watched the heights again, he goes mental in his celebration, love this lad! :lol:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Thought he absolutely bossed it today. He was all over the place, got the goal, was plucky in defence, bright going forward and although Schneiderlin let us down on the goals, I thought they brought the best out of each other and were very balanced in our general play.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Him and Schneiderlin are a perfect partnership. Two energetic box-to-box players, one more attacking and the other more defensive. It's a very well balanced pair.

thejtrain

I've always wondered why our midfield never clicked - a partnership of Ander and Morgan must surely work great at least in a 3-man midfield? I can't seem to remember a lot of what has happened this season but I can only imagine they didn't play a lot together.

Sylar

Him and Morgan need to play together more and need time to develop as a partnership. You see there are makings of something good, mobile, fresh and aggressive. Morgan seems to drop and cover whilst Herrera has good understanding with Mata.

Deserved his goal too.

Brightonian

Rashford gets the plaudits, and fair enough, but Herrera (and to some extent Schneiderlin) made today happen. He has the knack of finding that pass which suddenly doubles the tempo, as when he slid the ball round a corner to Mata after winning it back in the build-up to the first goal.

Crucial that he keeps starting in midfield, even when Schweinsteiger is back. Otherwise we go straight back to the toothless possession of the autumn.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Apart from everything being said, he likes communicating on the pitch and encouraging the younger players all the time, which is quite wonderful to see.

Golden Nugget

He's brilliant - love it when he has games like this. He plays with so much energy and passion - on top of all that he is very talented. Need more consistency from him - which will definitely come if he continues to play with Morgan (who was fanastic).

He genuinely looks like a good guy who loves the club and would work his was off for it - which is rare considering he is from another country and a relatively big money signing.

Spock

Ander was outstanding today. What he can't do is carry a struggling side on his back, but when his teammates are he's sensational.

Womp

idiot
Probably my favourite player in the squad, the passion he has for the club would make you think he's an academy prospect. I always remember that time we scored and he nearly broke the bench from excitement. :lol:

NoPace

There was never a good reason to have him on the bench.

Look at the Rashford goal after the Walcott giveaway. Herrera is the only player in the team likely to win the ball and play a 1-2 then hit a fullback with a clever pass. We have other players with skill and other players with mobility and hunger, but not a lot with both. Maybe just Shaw and Martial, really.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
We play a more attacking game and this guy looks good again, surprise? He is not a pass between your defense/GK and defend kind of midfielder. He is suited to a higher tempo game, with high pressing and quick interchanges. Can be a defensive liability and his tacking is shocking at time. Should play in a three.

Last edited:

legball

He played well, like the rest of the team, not sure why everyone is falling over themselves to single him out for praise, lol. I don't like his habit of clearing the ball aimlessly when we are under pressure, for someone of his quality, he should be able to hold the ball a bit longer.

LeftyBlaster

We play a more attacking game and this guy looks good again, surprise? He is not a pass between your defense/GK and defend kind of midfielder. He is suited to a higher tempo game, with high pressing and quick interchanges. Can be a defensive liability and his tacking is shocking at time. Should play in a three.
Like Welbeck and Nani and Kagawa and Chicharito and all the people we let go.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Controlled things in the middle today with Schneiderlin, there's so much energy in that midfield pairing, they just afford the opposition no time on the ball.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He did very well but you also need mention Mata who did a good job helping out the midfield and opening up space. I'd like to see more of Herrera in midfield

legball

Like Welbeck and Nani and Kagawa and Chicharito and all the people we let go.
We should have kept Nani whom everyone wanted sold, Kagawa, who did nothing in a United shirt & Welbeck who usually flattered to deceive?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Agreed. The level of rewriting of people on here's views of Nani rivals Soviet propaganda.
Leave the Russians' alone , but yeah...I for one think we should have got rid of Nani around 2013. His time here was up. Anyone who saw his perfomances in the US tour of 2014 could see that he looked like someone who wanted out. No effort whatsoever, and that most likely did leave an impression on the new manager.

legball

Other than Chicharito, we were right to sell them all.

Our problem was the lack of replacements.
Exactly, Chicharito is the only one i would have kept if it was left to me. Rest were deservedly shipped off.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Liking his partnership with Schneiderlin, they work together very well. Hope LvG sticks with it, they bossed the midfield yesterday and get Arsenal quiet. Great pressing too.

m1y2

the passing has been really off might not be feeling his legs after so many games in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.