Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
His passing was far too erratic, again. I mean, I know it's lazy to criticize his passing as his passing game is overall more adventurous than our other midfielders, but I still think he both opts for the wrong option and messes up relatively simple passes too often. I feel this is very obvious if you look at how rarely he actually instigates danger with his passes. We quite frankly need more from someone in his position.

Hopefully he has it in him though. As I said recently, it's difficult to judge several players in this regime, and for some reason I still feel like he's the one that suffers the most in our set up.

Thought he had OK game overall tonight though.

Footyislife

Such a good two way player. Should have done better with his finishing today, but played well linking up the play between the midfield and attack. And of course the assist.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just stop picking Fellaini LvG. Ander was paired with someone whose legs have well gone and an inanimate object. Best in a midfield 3. BFS/Morgan/Ander it is.

Acole9

Outstanding
Much better in the second half than in the first, nice cross for the goal too.

Sylar

He tries things and isnt safe. I think hes one of the best players we have when opposition put pressure on him. Like with Arsenal, he keeps things going with some quick passes to move the play. I honestly think Mata is the only one that understands his movements and quick passing.

JoaquinJoaquin

Thought he was OK yesterday, but still nowhere near the performances of last season IMO. I really like guy but I struggle to see what his future role at the club is going to be unless Giggs chooses to play with a CM of 3 men next season.

DomesticTadpole

Lost count of the amount of times he's had chances just outside the box and skied them. Does my head in with it.
Which is why he has never been or has been expected to be a prolific scorer. That was not his role. Goals have been added to his game. A lot of his goals last season were inside the box and were shots along the floor. We don't have anyone who is great at shooting tbh. The only one vaguely good at freekicks is Mata. The only way I would fancy us in a penalty shootout is if Ander took them all. Didn't we buy Memphis because he was supposedly good at freekicks and shooting.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Which is why he has never been or has been expected to be a prolific scorer. That was not his role. Goals have been added to his game. A lot of his goals last season were inside the box and were shots along the floor. We don't have anyone who is great at shooting tbh. The only one vaguely good at freekicks is Mata. The only way I would fancy us in a penalty shootout is if Ander took them all. Didn't we buy Memphis because he was supposedly good at freekicks and shooting.
He's not being asked to be prolific though, he's simply being asked to keep it on target, which he's failing to do so recently. They've not been difficult chances, Saturday league players do that, he should be a cut above.

I love his energy, his final ball is a bit lacking though. I'm sure that will come though. I've been a fan of him since his Zaragoza days, hope he's here for a long time.

DomesticTadpole

He's not being asked to be prolific though, he's simply being asked to keep it on target, which he's failing to do so recently. They've not been difficult chances, Saturday league players do that, he should be a cut above.

I love his energy, his final ball is a bit lacking though. I'm sure that will come though. I've been a fan of him since his Zaragoza days, hope he's here for a long time.
At least he keeps trying. I would rather that than nothing. Anyway he might miss-hit one and it will go in. If you keep shooting and a deflection puts it in. Frank Lampard made a living out of that. At least we seems to have a penalty taker now.

SirFergie

I'm not asking him to be prolific - just get a few on target now and then - at least work the keeper. I like Herrera, his attitude and enthusiasm is outstanding as well as his work rate and he has quality - could do with scoring more goals though.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
At least he keeps trying. I would rather that than nothing. Anyway he might miss-hit one and it will go in. If you keep shooting and a deflection puts it in. Frank Lampard made a living out of that. At least we seems to have a penalty taker now.
Yeah, can't deny that. I can only wish he gets a tenth of Lampards luck in that sense! Yeah, it will be nice to have him next season as a more senior figure, with responsibilities like being the pen taker. Hopefully he can step up his game.

Woodzy

Irritated so many times yesterday but that slide tackle alone is enough to make you forget about. If only some of our other players would show as much passion.

Wish he could be a bit more consistent though. And some of his passes were awful.

DomesticTadpole

Irritated so many times yesterday but that slide tackle alone is enough to make you forget about. If only some of our other players would show as much passion.

Wish he could be a bit more consistent though. And some of his passes were awful.
How do you get that it you are pulled in and out of the side? He was building an understanding with Morgan and lo and behold they have been split up, which is not helping either of them build a partnership or consistency.

Name Changed

weso26
The latest rumour was from the dailymail that Atletico and Juve are interested in him, we are in danger of losing him, growing frustrated under LvG.
Any manager with a game plan could fit him in. We don't have a game plan. Nobody seems to know what they are doing.

FujiVice

Here's something you dont see everyday. Pogba for United and Herrera for Bilbao. Funny how football turns out.

Bwuk

Just me who thinks he might be off in the summer? Could see him at the likes of Atletico.

prath92

Just me who thinks he might be off in the summer? Could see him at the likes of Atletico.
I doubt it. He isn't good enough to start for them in any case. I think mourinho will want him as a squad player.

DomesticTadpole

Hopefully he will get a run of games with Morgan. Carrick's legs have gone and Ander and Morgan play well together. They should be replacing Carrick and looking for someone to form a trio with Ander/Morgan.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Did well today. Best I've seen him for a little while.

dichinero

As some would suggest, he doesn't do anything that looks like hardwork to be ahead of Fellaini.

Inspirational display to lift the game in the second half. Hope he gets better!

Sylar

Helped pick up the tempo for us.

Would rather see him start and Carrick come on for him (than vice versa).

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Nothing wrong with the comment but what is the black dot for..

Status
Not open for further replies.