Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
One of the reasons we are the poorest side we have been in years is the constant overrating of average players like Herrera.

Sickening how people's answer to our woes is to give players like this and others even more crazy wages and hero worship

Ekeke

One of the reasons we are the poorest side we have been in years is the constant overrating of average players like Herrera.

Sickening how people's answer to our woes is to give players like this and others even more crazy wages and hero worship
Yeah we didnt miss him at all. Its not like Morgan Schneiderlin played better than our midfield :houllier:

PepsiCola

We clearly miss his presence on the pitch

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Herrera is not a great footballer, but his fighting spirit and shear desire to win is a level above anyone else in this Man United squad. Like a budget Arturo Vidal.

lsd

The Oracle
Most of our points this season?

You really don't get it do you ?

Apart from your statement being rubbish you are still happy to pay Hererra whatever he asks just because you think he is better than the rubbish we already have .

All you are doing is saying being average and finishing 6th is enough .

Ekeke

You really don't get it do you ?

Apart from your statement being rubbish you are still happy to pay Hererra whatever he asks just because you think he is better than the rubbish we already have .

All you are doing is saying being average and finishing 6th is enough .
Its not rubbish its the truth. His very good performances also helped us gain most of our points this season.

I'm not saying having 1 player working that hard and performing to that level is good enough. I'm saying all the rest should be too. Nobody else comes close. But he isnt the problem, he's been covering for the problem which is a lack of competitiveness from Pogba and Matic in midfield

spiriticon

He wants to leave because we didnt value him from the start. You have to value every player in your squad if you want to keep him. He didnt play as much as he should from the start, we didnt show we wanted to keep him earlier etc... Then PSG comes in and makes him a better offer we ever did. I genuinely believe he likes the club, even if he overblows it in interviews, but the PSG offer is better and they are in a better state. Even besides all of this mismanaging and contract talk, i dont think he thinks we can turn it around in the coming years and be competitive.
Ander Herrera is valued. That's why we've offered him a new contract and haven't sent him packing a la Antonio Valencia.

If he doesn't want to stay, too bad for everybody.

Ekeke

Ander Herrera is valued. That's why we've offered him a new contract and haven't sent him packing a la Antonio Valencia.

If he doesn't want to stay, too bad for everybody.
He's valued as our 7th best player despite being our 2nd best performer, yeah. Thats the problem

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has he given up playing this season then? Wonder if we'll see him again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He's valued as our 7th best player despite being our 2nd best performer, yeah. Thats the problem
And yet, we complain we give 200k to half decent players? Thing is we got to draw a line somewhere. If that means, we take a hit and rebuild , then be it.

spiriticon

Performing
Performing....right

Well, he can perform his way to the troupe at [insert Ander's next rumoured club] here if he wants.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ander, but I am done with paying players what they think they are worth. All that wages paid out and zero major titles.

Ekeke

And yet, we complain we give 200k to half decent players? Thing is we got to draw a line somewhere. If that means, we take a hit and rebuild , then be it.
Is that what you are complaining about?

I'd only complain if the £200k player isnt performing. Ander has this season. Its too much money for me yeah, I dont believe he's asking us to pay it personally. Maybe thats what PSG are offering but I choose not to believe thats what hes asking for from us.

But if we did pay him 200k a week I'd just care if hes giving 100%, trying his best and performing like he has this season. The problem is that our expensive wage players arent giving 100% and trying their best or performing as well as he has this season

Ekeke

Performing....right

Well, he can perform his way to the troupe at [insert Ander's next rumoured club] here if he wants.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ander, but I am done with paying players what they think they are worth. All that wages paid out and zero major titles.
How many of those players were the hardest worker in the team?

spiriticon

How many of those players were the hardest worker in the team?
Did Ander's hard work solve our defensive issues or attacking impotence enough for us to reward him with 200k a week? Nope.

Still zero titles and counting....

Devil81

Average player but he at least has the drive and will to push a team on, we'd have been in a much better position with him our side than the useless Fred.

Red_toad

Certainly missing his hard work today. Need him and Jesse back in the team, might not be great players, but they certainly leave it all on the pitch.

Ban

You're so way of the mark.

hungrywing

It's entirely possible he's fed up with other players not matching his intensity/desire.

You come to an organization with a great tradition and do your best to live up to the name and as the years go by you keep seeing 'the instagrammers' not only making a mockery of something you care deeply and passionately about, but being rewarded obscene amounts for doing so by someone who represents virtually the exact opposite of what you got into the job for.

That kind of situation can get to anyone given enough time. It might not be just the money.

Him, Mata and De Gea - if he goes - will be a monstrous loss in terms of professionalism.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Did Ander's hard work solve our defensive issues or attacking impotence enough for us to reward him with 200k a week? Nope.

Still zero titles and counting....
http://sportwitness.co.uk/from-fran...ations-with-psg-meeting-scheduled-with-agent/

According to the foreign press Ander's been offered €173k a week by PSG, which is like £150k.

Is there any journo, without a vested interest in keeping in with the briefings from the club, that has reported these £200k a week or £300k a week numbers? If you believe that then you must believe imposters went to sign him in 2013.

There are people at United whose f-k up looks better if they make out Herrera wants more money than Pogba and DeGea. See through the BS. Its lies. PSG are not gonna give Ander Herrera more than they're paying the likes of Di Maria and Veratti.

What we're seeing is people at United trying to discredit Ander so they can get away with it, worse thing is many of our fans are believing it. :rolleyes:

RD94

No.He was not missed,he is just as overrated as other bunch of players who play for this club.

We had a good run of good games in the first few months because first Solskjaer games were Cardiff and Huddersfield and players got a little spirit and much luck with few other games.

We played against all of the easiest opponents and for example game against Tottenham,they destroyed us and we just luckily won.

Its not Herrera that we are missing at all,the thing is that we just play better opponents.

It was never only managers fault,we just have a bunch of mediocre players with no desire and drive like Martial,Pogba or players who just dont have the required ability to play at this club like Herrera,Matic,Young,Jones,Smalling and most of others.

AFC NimbleThumb

Been reading this thread for some time, & there seems to be an overriding sentiment that because we overpay for a number of players this justifies herrera wanting vastly increased terms.

Never seen a player divide opinion across such a broad spectrum; some fans honestly thinking he could be a starter for a UCL winning team & others thinking he’s a squad player for a top 4 side.

I personally come down somewhere in the middle. i think he’ll be a loss to the squad; he wouldn’t be in my ideal first 11 to start next season but i’d see him stay but not for £200k a week.

I wish him well but he is not the key to success nor failure for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Copa Mundial

No.He was not missed,he is just as overrated as other bunch of players who play for this club.

We had a good run of good games in the first few months because first Solskjaer games were Cardiff and Huddersfield and players got a little spirit and much luck with few other games.

We played against all of the easiest opponents and for example game against Tottenham,they destroyed us and we just luckily won.

Its not Herrera that we are missing at all,the thing is that we just play better opponents.

It was never only managers fault,we just have a bunch of mediocre players with no desire and drive like Martial,Pogba or players who just dont have the required ability to play at this club like Herrera,Matic,Young,Jones,Smalling and most of others.
@RD94 100% correct

If people are starting to get upset and mourn the potential loss of Herrera then our squad must be dire.

Herrera should never be a regular starter in a team that has Premier League and UCL aspirations.

Born2Lose

Typical modern United player unfortunately, the less he plays the better he gets on here.

Too the Mata thread....!

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Typical modern United player unfortunately, the less he plays the better he gets on here.

Too the Mata thread....!
I feel it is often more the opposite. We bash our guys not playing all the time and people protect those that play a lot.
Although right now I see players wanting to sell everyone really.

DownRiver

The fact is, as soon as he was injured Vs Liverpool we have had this bad run of form.

I don't know what is going on with his contract talks and if he is really injured, but he is a leader in my opinion. I mean not just the way he talks about the club, I don't really care about that. It is his energy in the field, and he was playing some of his best football.

I hope he is back soon. I don't want him to leave, if Ole wants an energetic side who would run all day for next season, then he will be a great squad player. 200k is alot a week, but getting another CM for 50m pounds and paying him wages of 150k a week is no better. I would just give him a 2 year contract and 1 year extension if needed. It's not his fault if he sees other players on 300k/400k and are so much worse.

Then again, you got to start somewhere to reduce the wage bill.

JawZ

Yet we gave Martial a rumoured 250k contract extension when his form with us has been mostly average. Gary Neville, the right back during our most successful period as a club, wasn't always considered one of the greatest, but he played for the badge; gave his all every game he played. I put Herrera in the same category as him in this aspect.

CM

Slating Herrera has been kind of the vogue thing to do since the PSG links started up but it's striking how different our results have been since he hasn't been in the team.

Greck

The poor run of form started when he was in the team. This is one stat where correlation isn't causation. He just happened to be out of the team when everything turned to crap

POF

Slating Herrera has been kind of the vogue thing to do since the PSG links started up but it's striking how different our results have been since he hasn't been in the team.

Striking but not at all surprising. He added mobility and leadership to the midfield when Ole brought him back into the team and was one of the main reasons behind the improved form under Ole. He has been in the top 3 players since Ole arrived.

His treatment by the club has been disgraceful. It looks extremely likely he will leave and United will once again pay a fortune for a player to replace him. The only difference next season is that he won't be at the club to win his place in the team back by the quality of his performances.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The poor run of form started when he was in the team. This is one stat where correlation isn't causation. He just happened to be out of the team when everything turned to crap
My hunch is that his mobility and intelligence really helped Pogba perform. His loss is more of the Sanchez salary effect - Woodward's utter incompetence made flesh.

John Blund

Herrera can be replaced by Fred if Fred plays like he did the first game against Barca. We're overpaying for Sanchez, and I'm totally fine if the club won't splash £200k p/w on Herrera. Only in PSG. And perhaps in QPR... :P

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

The contrast is incredible, but that won’t stop his detractors. We don’t even need stats to make the point, it’s abundantly clear we just watching us we are passive and insipid without him in there. It isn’t because he’s an incredible player ( he’s a very good player, mind) but no one else gives us what he does.

Thiagoal

He's a very good player that links and balances our team like no one else can! I hope he stays!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The contrast is incredible, but that won’t stop his detractors. We don’t even need stats to make the point, it’s abundantly clear we just watching us we are passive and insipid without him in there. It isn’t because he’s an incredible player ( he’s a very good player, mind) but no one else gives us what he does.
It's quite sad to be honest. One of the few players that puts his heart out on the pitch and gives his all got low balled while Martial earns double that of Mane. It's not as if Herrera is an average layer like Lingard. He's a great tackler and presser, pops up with the occassional goal.

This guy was scouted by SAF, and I'm not surprised one bit. Fantastic attitude and a bit of quality, he would fit in under SAF very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.