6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RD94

Slating Herrera has been kind of the vogue thing to do since the PSG links started up but it's striking how different our results have been since he hasn't been in the team.
Our results were better because we played against easier opponents and team got spirit because of Solskjaer arrival,bringing old United way back talk and we have beaten Cardiff and Huddersfield,Newcastle,Reading and players were in a way overachieving.

Yes,we have beaten Arsenal or Chelsea on the way but we were never the dominant side,we always play on counter even against relagation teams.Got destroyed against Tottenham but luckily won,all facts and ask yourself a question why we never were the better side in a match?

Because we miss so much quality in midfield firstly,we cant control possession even against relagation teams and its been like that for years now.We bought so many mediocre players and we played like mediocre team and we suffered through all those years of mediocrity.
Striking but not at all surprising. He added mobility and leadership to the midfield when Ole brought him back into the team and was one of the main reasons behind the improved form under Ole. He has been in the top 3 players since Ole arrived.

His treatment by the club has been disgraceful. It looks extremely likely he will leave and United will once again pay a fortune for a player to replace him. The only difference next season is that he won't be at the club to win his place in the team back by the quality of his performances.
He was never a mobile player.His pace,balance,agility are average or beyond average.Our midfield is totally immobile.David Silva,Kante,Modric,Wijnaldum for example are mobile players not him.

What quality are you talking about,playing on a level of Mark Noble is called quality these days.

Even if he stays,we need to replace him with a better player because with him in the team we are again going to just keep playing deep with no clue how to move the ball forward like a proper top team.He is not the only one,Matic and others same thing.

Future squad player at most,easily replaceable.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedDevil@84

The contrast is incredible, but that won’t stop his detractors. We don’t even need stats to make the point, it’s abundantly clear we just watching us we are passive and insipid without him in there. It isn’t because he’s an incredible player ( he’s a very good player, mind) but no one else gives us what he does.
He is only crap because he seems to be going away

Raw

We lost a lot of energy and bite in midfield since that Liverpool game. I do wonder how a Herrera, McTominay and Pogba midfield will do.

Whatever people say about his qualities, him leaving is still a kick in the balls. He's the kind of player I'd want to be rotated in midfield, not Matic.

arthurka

Suppose they are saying SAF's judgement was terrible as well, because he wanted him.
We won´t find a cheap replacement for him, I just don´t get why we arent getting him signed for the next 3 years? Many players there who should be shipped out he isn´t one of them.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We won´t find a cheap replacement for him, I just don´t get why we arent getting him signed for the next 3 years? Many players there who should be shipped out he isn´t one of them.
It is because we did not negotiate his contract earlier, then Sanchez got a huge wage which made contract negotiations so much more difficult. We should have really got him on a new deal after we won the EL, he was player of the season and would have been optimistic about the future.

Raw

Because we dithered like we always do. We pretty much ignored the fact he was on his last year of his contract which allowed PSG to come in and make a good offer. He's not going to feel appreciated when we're dithering on his contract while focusing on shite like Jones and Young. Too late to try and sign him now, unless we table a silly offer like 200k.

RedDevil@84

It is because we did not negotiate his contract earlier, then Sanchez got a huge wage which made contract negotiations so much more difficult. We should have really got him on a new deal after we won the EL, he was player of the season and would have been optimistic about the future.
Even after the Sanchez contract, I think we could have done the talks last summer and secured it with normal wage increase. We left it too late until PSG came in.

arthurka

Because we dithered like we always do. We pretty much ignored the fact he was on his last year of his contract which allowed PSG to come in and make a good offer. He's not going to feel appreciated when we're dithering on his contract while focusing on shite like Jones and Young. Too late to try and sign him now, unless we table a silly offer like 200k.
We left it late because we thought it was a easy job getting him back on board.
The problem is that Sanchez and his contract really did screw things up.
Now everyone wants 200k or more.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Crazy that we're letting our ex PoTY leave on a free. Still can't believe it. It's like someone gave Woody a sorted list of importance of our players, and Woody thought it was in ascending order.

'Ah, Herrera, DeGea and Pogba at the top? I'll make sure they are forced out somehow. Who's at the bottom? Young and Jones? Okay, then.'

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
I dont blame him, when he sees that Rojo makes more money than him and plays like 2 games a year.

Raw

It would have been 100 times easier to sign up Jones and Young, yet we clearly prioritised them. Herrera has actual interest from good teams, so leaving it late lead to PSG turning his head.

iHicksy

I've said this for years now. Herrera is one of very few players in our squad who gets what it means to be a Manchester United player, he has the workrate, talent and passion that every player on that pitch should aspire to. I thought he'd be a future captain, can't believe we're letting him leave whilst handing out contracts to the likes of Jones and Young. It symbolises how rotten to the core this club has become with Woodward pulling the strings. I become more and more convinced that everything the man does is with the aim of increasing our revenue in a bid to make us a more attractive selling prospect and the footballing side be damned.

arthurka

I dont blame him, when he sees that Rojo makes more money than him and plays like 2 games a year.
It would have been 100 times easier to sign up Jones and Young, yet we clearly prioritised them. Herrera has actual interest from good teams, so leaving it late lead to PSG turning his head.
No one is blaming him and most of us understand it, he still gets treated like he done something terrible.
Sadly the blame is all on us.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's a pity SAF didn't get to sign him as I think he would have used him as he was played at Bilbao.

Johan07

This is such a myth. Sanchez contract has nothing to do with it.
It is because the transfer market and fees went through the roof the last couple of years and we are now seeing the correlation to that fact being players salaries increasing exponentially. It was always coming after the Neymar/Pogba/Coutinho/Dembele transfers. It just takes some time for the wages to adjust to the transfer values.
You just cant have a player valued at 100m like Eriksen for example on 80k a week and except him to resign for 200k a week when his asset value is that high. Same applies to Herrera but with different numbers. They will just run down their contracts. Its basic economic theory.
We need to start living in a world where its going to cost at least double the wages to sign players up than it did just 3 years ago. At least United has the cashflow to deal with that situation. Its the major reason that our clubs has run down some of the older players contracts. Its just to expensive to renew old contracts prematurely.
That UEFA let teams like Barcelona and PSG do this is what should be criticised. Barcelona is going to have a larger wagebill than their turnover in a year or two and they did it to themselves.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
It's a pity SAF didn't get to sign him as I think he would have used him as he was played at Bilbao.
true.

Herrera was wasted under LvG and Mourinho.
Ole used him properly.
His injuries and Woodward's idiotic manner of dealing with his contract is simply pushing him out.

Perhaps with Phelan as DoF we can still find a way to keep him.

flappyjay

Let's not rewrite history here ,under Jose Herrera was just a squad player and was being linked with a return to Bilbao. When Ole took over in December that's when he got back to being an important starter and probably when he caught Psg's eye. With that context in mind he wasn't seen as very important and hence the club took their time with relation to renewing his contract.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Let's not rewrite history here ,under Jose Herrera was just a squad player and was being linked with a return to Bilbao. When Ole took over in December that's when he got back to being an important starter and probably when he caught Psg's eye. With that context in mind he wasn't seen as very important and hence the club took their time with relation to renewing his contract.
Yet Rojo is who is always injured and is rubbish when he does play gets a pay rise and extended contract.

HailtotheKing

I've said this for years now. Herrera is one of very few players in our squad who gets what it means to be a Manchester United player, he has the workrate, talent and passion that every player on that pitch should aspire to. I thought he'd be a future captain, can't believe we're letting him leave whilst handing out contracts to the likes of Jones and Young. It symbolises how rotten to the core this club has become with Woodward pulling the strings. I become more and more convinced that everything the man does is with the aim of increasing our revenue in a bid to make us a more attractive selling prospect and the footballing side be damned.
Totally agree! Herrera reminds me a little of Heinze. A guy who gives everything for the club and totally gets what it means. I see him as captain material. Also it's about the sum of the parts not the individuals. Herrera raises the others, especially Pogba. I'd love to see Herrera, Pogba and Fred right now.

Is Herrera available for City?

flappyjay

Yet Rojo is who is always injured and is rubbish when he does play gets a pay rise and extended contract.
Obviously another dumb move by the club but let's not pretend Herrera wasn't seen as another average squad member before that.

Totally agree! Herrera reminds me a little of Heinze. A guy who gives everything for the club and totally gets what it means. I see him as captain material. Also it's about the sum of the parts not the individuals. Herrera raises the others, especially Pogba. I'd love to see Herrera, Pogba and Fred right now.

Is Herrera available for City?
Am i reading that right? The guy who tried to force a transfer to Liverpool?

I agree generally about Herrera, but you couldn't have picked a worse example to compare him against.

Greck

My hunch is that his mobility and intelligence really helped Pogba perform. His loss is more of the Sanchez salary effect - Woodward's utter incompetence made flesh.
Intelligence is incredibly overrated. This is a player that can't pass under pressure and often passes back before he even gauges what's ahead of him. It's also odd how people are blaming the club for the player's greed like he isn't a grown man that can be held accountable for his actions. "If we hadn't given Sanchez that contract we wouldn't have turned Herrera greedy"

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Intelligence is incredibly overrated. This is a player that can't pass under pressure and often passes back before he even gauges what's ahead of him. It's also odd how people are blaming the club for the player's greed like he isn't a grown man that can be held accountable for his actions. "If we hadn't given Sanchez that contract we wouldn't have turned Herrera greedy"
Intelligence overrated? :houllier:

Absolute nonsense.

Yes they're blaming the club because the club fecked up. They let him know about his automatic renewal via post. They left him in the dark for 3 months at the beginning of the year regarding renegotiations, and now want him to accept a contract lower than those offered by other clubs who were only alerted to his position because of United's complete negligence. And now we have ridiculous numbers like 250k and 300k being bandied around, despite all common sense suggesting that really aren't realistic, and people are willfully accepting these numbers are genuine because they're upset he doesn't want to bend the knee to a club thats treated him with contempt?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Intelligence overrated? :houllier:

Absolute nonsense.

Yes they're blaming the club because the club fecked up. They let him know about his automatic renewal via post. They left him in the dark for 3 months at the beginning of the year regarding renegotiations, and now want him to accept a contract lower than those offered by other clubs who were only alerted to his position because of United's complete negligence. And now we have ridiculous numbers like 250k and 300k being bandied around, despite all common sense suggesting that really aren't realistic, and people are willfully accepting these numbers are genuine because they're upset he doesn't want to bend the knee to a club thats treated him with contempt?
Where are you getting all this information from?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yeah he was wank for most of this season and all of the previous season. One of our most disappointing players under Mourinho. Had a great wee run of form when Ole took over but that didn’t last long.

He’s a strange one. Sometimes looks absolutely great. Often looks terrible. And never really looks like he has the passing ability and awareness to play CM to a very high level.

He’s also a dreadful fecking cheat. We cast a blind eye to it because he’s a United player but would despise his antics at any other club. In a way it’s quite fitting that his departure is the ultimate act of being a sneaky cnut because being a a sneaky cnut has defined a lot of his United career so far.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Simon Peach, chief writer for the Press Association.
Wow, Shocking stuff from the club if true. Do they even have rapport with our players? Or do they just look at them as numbers on a balance sheet. To be honest, that would explain a lot.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Wow, Shocking stuff from the club if true. Do they even have rapport with our players? Or do they just look at them as numbers on a balance sheet. To be honest, that would explain a lot.
Crazy that this was almost entirely ignored, yet an article from a freelance cricket writer who isn’t even authenticated on Twitter, citing demands of 300k a week has been taken as gospel by many.

edgar allan

Yeah he was wank for most of this season and all of the previous season. One of our most disappointing players under Mourinho. Had a great wee run of form when Ole took over but that didn’t last long.

He’s a strange one. Sometimes looks absolutely great. Often looks terrible. And never really looks like he has the passing ability and awareness to play CM to a very high level.

He’s also a dreadful fecking cheat. We cast a blind eye to it because he’s a United player but would despise his antics at any other club. In a way it’s quite fitting that his departure is the ultimate act of being a sneaky cnut because being a a sneaky cnut has defined a lot of his United career so far.
I take the general point about not being just the quality of player that we need, but definitely one of the few that played for the badge every time he played.

Total over exaggeration of the cheating accusation though.

HailtotheKing

Am i reading that right? The guy who tried to force a transfer to Liverpool?

I agree generally about Herrera, but you couldn't have picked a worse example to compare him against.
Yeah, Im talking about his commitment to the cause before he wanted to leave for Liverpool obviously.
I was comparing passion and desire though. I think Herrera is absolutely captain material and I'll be gutted if he leaves.
He just got United. Simple.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Lazy bastard.

I did actually google before asking!

Nothing in there about being notified about a contract extension by post? And it’s a bit rich for him to get butt hurt by the club not wanting to negotiate a new contract when he was playing terribly and getting in touch with an offer when he finally started playing well, half way through the season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I take the general point about not being just the quality of player that we need, but definitely one of the few that played for the badge every time he played.

Total over exaggeration of the cheating accusation though.
Not an over exaggeration at all. He constantly play-acts, makes cynical fouls and tries to get opposition players booked. Obviously it’s never bothered me much so long as it helps us win. We’d despise him if he did it for a different team though.

edgar allan

Not an over exaggeration at all. He constantly play-acts, makes cynical fouls and tries to get opposition players booked. Obviously it’s never bothered me much so long as it helps us win. We’d despise him if he did it for a different team though.
Cynical fouling is a prerequisite of any combative midfielder. Not keen on the playacting either but he is no Ashley young in that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.