Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexit

Yes our team certainly couldnt use more effort :wenger:
Heheheh, yeah of course but that's also code for "headless chicken/lost puppy" of which we could do without. Of course genuine effort is required.

Rossa

I like him, but dreadful in that first half. There were at least two open chances for a ball over the top to send Rash and or Martial though. Instead he turned back, lost the ball and City countered. Terrible

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I'm usually a big fan of Ander's. I think we tend to lack what hes good at.

Even today he played some decent passes in the first half to set us going forward and overall he won the ball a few times.

But he did get the ball pinched off him several times, which is both personal awareness but also team communication. He also hasnt played a lot this season so maybe match sharpness too. Either way he had some good moments but also some bad ones.
I agree for the most.

But look at the players he had around him. Today showed the class between the teams.
That is entirely due to the manager.
3 years and we have deteriorated.

Still no proper midfield.

I cannot wait to see the back of him.

Sylar

Was better without the ball than with. I do wonder if he would have done something cynical when City were passing it around before their third goal rather than stood off attempts at winning the ball.

Our midfield 3 cannot be him fellaini and matic. Ever. But we used it against the best team in the league.

Poor today. Unusual for him in such a big match.
Look at how the team was setup. Fellaini was pushing up whilst Herrera and Matic were sitting to cover the defence centrally, but Matic was allowing himself to be dragged way out to the touchline by Bernardo Silva. It meant Herrera was left totally isolated in the middle. Defensively he still held it together but when we recovered the ball he was always miles away from another player.

When Martial pushed further up in the second half Fellaini was able to drop back and help out and we looked ok for a time. Then Herrera went off and we brought Mata of all people on, and we were promptly torn to shreds multiple times on the break. Fellaini was knackered by that point and we had just removed the only midfielder doing any defensive work.

Wayne's World

It's always the same with Herrera....he's either absolutely brilliant and efficient or he's absolutely shite, there's literally no middle ground with him

Decomposing In Paris

Didn't have his best game, but Ander seems to help bring the best out of Pogba. Much like Young, he's the type of player I'd want in my team, but if the whole team is built from Herreras and Youngs, you're not going to win many trophies.

Hope he gets a new contract, but I want to see some serious quality around him if he's still here next year.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Look at how the team was setup. Fellaini was pushing up whilst Herrera and Matic were sitting to cover the defence centrally, but Matic was allowing himself to be dragged way out to the touchline by Bernardo Silva. It meant Herrera was left totally isolated in the middle. Defensively he still held it together but when we recovered the ball he was always miles away from another player.

When Martial pushed further up in the second half Fellaini was able to drop back and help out and we looked ok for a time. Then Herrera went off and we brought Mata of all people on, and we were promptly torn to shreds multiple times on the break. Fellaini was knackered by that point and we had just removed the only midfielder doing any defensive work.
I'm a big fan of Herrera, but he wasnt at his best. You're right though, there was a disconnect throughout the team, which in turn left so much space for City to exploit.

When we did recover possession the options were minimal. No one wanted it, and when the player with the ball only has one of two possibe options, it becomes incredibly easy to defend. Whenever Herrera is tasked to be the creative outlet in midfield he struggles, as would most ball winning midfielders. Put someone like Pogba in the side, and all of a sudden be becomes a very effective player.

ToToMarshall

I’ve never really understood the love for him. Yeah cool he ‘gets the club’ and he shows he cares great good for him, but that isn’t really enough. He’s nowhere near good enough for us. He couldn’t play as a lone DM because he’s not got the in-game intelligence or range of passing, and he can’t play as an 8 because he’s not nearly creative enough or generally good enough going forward. Fine as a squad player for cup games or someone to use to see out games late on, or to use in one off games like that Chelsea game when he marked Hazard as bit of a wildcard, but seeing people clamber for him to start for the past 2 and a bit years has always left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth as a United fan. He’s so so average.

Canagel

I watched the game again and he was very bad. I hate those times where he demands the ball is passed to him, and then he gets it with no-one near him and with time to look for a forward pass but he passes straight back to where it came from. Really boils my piss

Last edited:
Southampton 2:2 Man Utd

Standard 6 or 7 out of 10 performance from him. If he had a partner who could actually share some of the pressing and passing burden it would be nice.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Had to play for two men today covering for McTominay in the right side of defence. Always puts an honest shift in.

HJ12

Good game from him today. Seems like he was the lone man in midfield at times (even though there was meant to be 3 of them in there)

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Give me a team of 10 Herreras over the others in this squad any day.

Ludens the Red

Good performance from him so expect him to be benched Vs Arsenal for the dream midfield of Matic and Fellaini.

Irwin99

The only midfielder that seemed to actually run. Decent tackles and a well taken goal, would like to see him alongside more energetic players

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The only midfielder that seemed to actually run. Decent tackles and a well taken goal, would like to see him alongside more energetic players
Would have Fred in there with him and Pogba if he can be arsed. We should have known after midweek that Fellaini and Lukaku would be in.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wasn't as good as he usually is, but he was our best midfielder by a mile. Gives us good energy and movement, scored a good goal too. Needs to play a lot more often.

kundalini

I thought he was our best performer. Only one of our midfielders to turn up. Nice finish for his goal.

Habs

May not be the most talented player in our squad but he always puts 110% effort in regardless if he is playing well or not.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Of the 5 midfielders that played today, he was the only one who gave an acceptable performance. Literally doing the job of 2 or 3 players

izec

The only player who seems to give his all, no matter of manager or situation. He may not be the most fanciest one every week, but at least he tries most of the time. One of the few true United players attitude wise, someone Fergie would also like.

Ekeke

Our average positions from todays match (United blue, right)

Shows that Ander was actually our deepest tracking CM, as well as our CM getting into the best attacking position as seen with his goal to earn us a point. He also made over twice as many tackles as any other player in the team (7), 60 passes and 1 key pass

Today he was almost a one man midfield. But of course he wont get credit for that.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He works his arse off, follows instructions to a fault, and plays with a tenacity that's been absent in our midfield for some time, not to mention the bloke can actually play. By rights he should be Jose's wet dream, but for some inexplicable reason, he doesn't want to give him a regular starting berth. MOTM today.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s our midfield Jones isn’t he? Injured 80% of the time - comes into the side and puts in 3-4 decent games and is back at the treatment table

dogwithabone

Technically limited but can’t fault the effort he put in today. He’s mobile and that’s more than you can say for the majority of our midfielders.

jem

I'd always have a spot in my squad for the likes of Herrera and Mata. They might be limited but they seem to get what it means to play for a team like United - I'd never question their effort.

Stadjer

He’s our midfield Jones isn’t he? Injured 80% of the time - comes into the side and puts in 3-4 decent games and is back at the treatment table
Is he injured that often? I thought he just doesnt get selected or stays a unused sub most of the time

WPMUFC

Herrera was superb today. Whilst the likes of pogba were dancing the ball to the opposition and matic was off in the land of the numpties, herrera did all the midfield defending, all the midfield attacking and basically was our de facto captain on the pitch.

If we can sack Jose now, give herrera the armband and play a midfield 3 with pogba and fred. It can't get any worse than it is now.

billybee99

Never been a big fan but he sure as hell should be starting ahead of Matic and Fellaini. It's refreshing to see someone playing who actually appears like he gives a feck. To see him running his arse off while Pogba struts and preens around the pitch is infuriating to say the least.

WPMUFC

Never been a big fan but he sure as hell should be starting ahead of Matic and Fellaini. It's refreshing to see someone playing who actually appears like he gives a feck. To see him running his arse off while Pogba struts and preens around the pitch is infuriating to say the least.
scores a blinder and instantly ran back to midfield trying to amp up the other players. He is our captain, just unfortunate we have a muppet actually wearing the armband.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for Herrera, he was MOTM today. Can't help but feel we've completely wasted him since he joined us. He's one of the few who seems to give a damn when he plays, has some fire in him that we're so sorely lacking. After all these shiny new signings he's still the only midfielder I think ever developed an actual partnership with Pogba, shame he couldn't get a look in once we signed Matic.

Status
Not open for further replies.