6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
In the interview Herrera said we started poorly in the first 25 minutes or so.
But he did not want to elaborate. He said it will be discussed in the dressing room.
What a captain would say.

I'd be gutted if he left, but happy for the man to actually play for a manager who appreciates his ability.

I'm certain he wont play in the EPL. He would not want to play against us.

Probably Spain.

sugar_kane

It's been said many times I'm sure but I can see this guy making a fantastic manager one day.

He's clearly a smart, well-spoken guy but you could see him going fecking nuts in the dressing room when it's needed.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Every season since he's been here Ander has begun as a sub and ended as a starter. Seems destined to happen again. Not sure why he keeps getting dropped season on season.

Ekeke

Every season since he's been here Ander has begun as a sub and ended as a starter. Seems destined to happen again. Not sure why he keeps getting dropped season on season.
Because seemingly LVG and Mourinho are both over time, moving us away from hard workers to something else.

yfoFC

Because martial is in a more "flashy" position, his habitual banishment from the team gets more focus but Herrera's situation is much the same..

Both have shown great form over a season for us in the past

Both get dropped from the team mostly due to no fault of theirs

Even if they are playing poorly, they don't get consistent minutes to play out of it unlike others in the squad

And most crucially, they get replaced by someone who plays worse than them but yet still keeps their place in the starting 11 (matic started out fine but has been in a downward spiral for a long time now)

Hopefully, Jose comes to his senses soon regarding Herrera/Matic as he did with martial/sanchez and so the fans' dream starting 11 can get that much closer to reality (Jose can always claim it was all his masterplan all along when that time comes if he pleases but just start the man please..)

tomaldinho1

We've go the makings of an ok side now, with Lingard & Herrera coming back. I think Herrera over Matic is probably a pretty unanimous consensus right now.

I'd like this vs Juve:

---------------------- Rashford -----------------
Martial---------------------------------- Sanchez
----------- Pogba---- Herrera -- Pereira -------
Shaw ------ Lindeloff ----- Smalling ---- Young
---------------------- DDG ----------------------

Assume in reality, Matic will start however & Lukaku might return. Also if he's fit, I'd probably also start Lingard over Alexis om RW.

gajender

Herrera is another one in United team whose reputation exceeds his actual performance on the field, there is a reason why he has failed to establish himself as regular even in such poor United team's post Sir Alex retirement he is simply not good enough but having said all this he should certainly replace Matic for time being.

RedorDead21

Herrera is another one in United team whose reputation exceeds his actual performance on the field, there is a reason why he has failed to establish himself as regular even in such poor United team's post Sir Alex retirement he is simply not good enough but having said all this he should certainly replace Matic for time being.
Yeah I agree he was putting in some average showings near the end of his time as an auto starter. Fellaini might be Mou's go to guy once fit.

Trizy

Yup. Matic needs to be dropped. Herrera and Fred midfield would be something to see. The energy!
Didn't we play those 3 vs Spurs at home? That was the best I've seen us play in years regardless of the result. The energy, press, quick football and fight was magnificent.

EDIT: Wasn't exactly a midfield 3 as he was playing Right-CB.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Didn't we play those 3 vs Spurs at home? That was the best I've seen us play in years regardless of the result. The energy, press, quick football and fight was magnificent.

EDIT: Wasn't exactly a midfield 3 as he was playing Right-CB.
Yup, Matic, Pogba and Fred started that game. Same midfield responsible for that dire first half on Saturday.

gajender

Yeah I agree he was putting in some average showings near the end of his time as an auto starter. Fellaini might be Mou's go to guy once fit.
May be Fellaini could be the answer for Mourinho but problem with Herrera's and Fellaini's of this world is they are okay as rotational options but relying on them for extended period more often than not would end up in disappointment only, but we don't have much choice do we may be Pereira could be given a chance.

RedorDead21

May be Fellaini could be the answer for Mourinho but problem with Herrera's and Fellaini's of this world is they are okay as rotational options but relying on them for extended period more often than not would end up in disappointment only, but we don't have much choice do we may be Pereira could be given a chance.
I don't think the answer lies in our squad to be honest but yeah Andreas deserves a better crack at it but it's difficult with the pressure to get top 4.
Throwing him in against the likes of Juve and City is a little unfair for me. But perhaps the lad would prefer that to watching.

Devil may care

I think he's got a good chance of starting in Turin but it'll not be in place of Matic, it'll be in place of Fred.

Red_Ramirez

I would like to see him start more this season

Last season he was poor.

The season before however he was one our best players.

I would like to see if he can regain that form. His attitude is terrific. We need characters like him in this team

Sauldogba

Our best player tonight. Really happy with that performance. What i like about him is that he never hides and he gets stuck in.

Last edited by a moderator:

sp_107

He kept things well to be honest esp
More in first half !! He did what we expected from him

arnie_ni

Has to be a regular imo. Brings dynamism, energy, quick turnovers starting counter attacks, only man can win the ball back, knows when to give away fouls like the pull on dybala

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
All my rival supporting friends hate him with a passion.:lol:

Ban

Love his tennacity and that he's always near the ball, in attack always available, in defense always close to cut their pass or take the ball of them quickly.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
he is a box to box player.
The way he plays leaves Pogba and Matic or Fred to do their jobs.

His little talk to Mata and Young after the equalizer. the guy is 100% committed to the cause.

Hope it is not too late for us to bring him round to sign a top contract.

Stadjer

he is a box to box player.
The way he plays leaves Pogba and Matic or Fred to do their jobs.

His little talk to Mata and Young after the equalizer. the guy is 100% committed to the cause.

Hope it is not too late for us to bring him round to sign a top contract.
I think we give to many average players 'top contracts'. Jones should have been out of the club years ago, so should Rojo and Darmian but because of their top contract they are still here.

I would like Herrera to stay since he comes across as a proper United fan and he can be a good squad player but he shouldnt be getting a top contract for that. A normal contract would be enough.

Our next big signing who is going to transform this team into a CL/EPL winning side should get that top contract... whoever that player may be :lol:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Absolutely love the guy, should be our captain when he plays.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Very good. If he plays like this while Matic can keep his shit together and Pogba find his usual self, then we'll do fine this season me thinks.

meamth

Like Carrick in his early days. Slow starter into the new season. Perhaps Herrera is the same.

padzilla

Hipster
This is a player who will be dropped regardless of how he plays, I am not sure why maybe it's his size compared to our other central midfield options?

Web of Bissaka

Niggling injuries + Inconsistent form early season + Tactical decision (Except LVG's 2nd season where he was totally out of favor).

:devil:Love his comeback fighting performances usually starting around mid season -- to steal a place back in the starting 11, seasons after season.

Like Carrick in his early days. Slow starter into the new season. Perhaps Herrera is the same.
Oh, interesting. Good possibility.

Sylar

I love the dark-arts part of his game. Mainly cos its for us and not against us.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Played well but still displayed his annoying love of the backpass at times. Personally I think he's really not that good, it's just that Matic is currently in awful form and Fred hasn't really come to grips with the league / the team and so he's by far the best option right now.

AKDevil

This is a player who will be dropped regardless of how he plays, I am not sure why maybe it's his size compared to our other central midfield options?
I’d say it’s his qualities. Sometimes in certain games you don’t need a little pest - in the nicest sense - running around disrupting things and you need more in midfield.

Ekeke

I’d say it’s his qualities. Sometimes in certain games you don’t need a little pest - in the nicest sense - running around disrupting things and you need more in midfield.
You always need people ready to work their socks off and without him we usually lack hard work and commitment compared to our opponents regardless of their quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.