g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Andre Onana image 24

Andre Onana Cameroon flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

JagUTD

Had De Gea had that performance today, a certain section of the forum would have gone into meltdown and there would have been 30 or 40 pages of hysterical posts.

Oranges038

Seriously?! I wasn't talking about the fecking goal :lol: There were at least 2 other situations where I expected him to come out, but he didn't.
Yeah one in the second half in particular and he just retreated all the way back to his line when it was easier to come for the ball. Didn't cover himself in glory today, maybe made one decent save but some weird decision making and his distribution was poor.

Not a great day at the office.

saik

I rate him highly and was happy when we signed him but today he was poor. That moment when he didn't come out to sweep the ball in the 2nd half reminded me of De Gea. Don't know if he was instructed to do so or is he already feeling the pressure from getting lobbed twice in preseason(one of which was a Dalot mistake)?

His passing was also off today. Constantly kicking it long to no one. For both his and our sake, I hope he improves on todays performance.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I thought the one he didn't come for in the second half was worse!
It was bad also but that was lack of communication with Lindelof i guess. First goal was just shocking stuff. Guy sprinting 50m and you decide to wait on him at 6 yard box? :confused:

Nickelodeon

Very strange. I did expect some nervy, shaky moments but that was expected due to his presence way being higher than what we’re used to. Right now, we aren’t playing to his strengths and it’s clear that he’s been asked to stay back. Let’s hope we get to see his best.

Olecurls99

Had De Gea had that performance today, a certain section of the forum would have gone into meltdown and there would have been 30 or 40 pages of hysterical posts.
The grass isn't always greener. We've got an inferior shot stopper now who doesn’t come off his line it seems and who's superior distribution isn't making the slightest bit of difference, but he is coming off his line and trying to give away penos it seems.

If only someone had mentioned all these points last season. :lol: #BringDaveBack

izec

BS. De Gea was excellent in those situations. He always waited strikers between penalty spot and edge of penalty box. There is really short memory about Dave among United fans
He is gone mate, get over it. Instead of being so negative, back our new keeper. Where is your support, knife has bene out from day 1.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Every keeper has a bad game now and then.

Hope this was his for this half of the season.

It goes without saying that it really doesn't help when your midfield and defence are getting breached like ours have in the first 3 games. We've faced at least 50 shots over the course of 3 games which is definitely abnormal.

arnie_ni

He is gone mate, get over it. Instead of being so negative, back our new keeper. Where is your support, knife has bene out from day 1.
Hes not the poster that brought ddg into the conversation

Andersons Dietician

Goalkeeping for that first goal was fairly comical. What he was doing lying on the ground who knows. It was just terrible.

arnie_ni

He is the biggest De Gea fan on the forum.
That's irrelevant to the conversation here, it was another poster that brought DDG into the conversation. That's the poster you should be criticising, the poster that compared the performance to DDG

Dan_F

I’m not sure I really understand the fuss on the first goal. The striker dummied the shot and made him dive. It looked funny but I didn’t think it was a howler or anything.

JB7

I’m not sure I really understand the fuss on the first goal. The striker dummied the shot and made him dive. It looked funny but I didn’t think it was a howler or anything.
Most of the people criticising him think a bloke sat on his arse that no club in Europe wants to touch with a barge pole is great. I wouldn’t worry yourself too much with what they think.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is the biggest De Gea fan on the forum.
And yet, so far i didn't bring Dave in any comparison with Onana. Even today i didn't said that Dave would save this and do that.
So we should act that Dave didn't played for us?

arnie_ni

Most of the people criticising him think a bloke sat on his arse that no club in Europe wants to touch with a barge pole is great. I wouldn’t worry yourself too much with what they think.
I see how this is going to go.

Anytime anyone criticises a mistake he makes will automatically be reduced to someone that can't get over DDG instead of treating the mistake (or good play) on its own merits.

JagUTD

The grass isn't always greener. We've got an inferior shot stopper now who doesn’t come off his line it seems and who's superior distribution isn't making the slightest bit of difference, but he is coming off his line and trying to give away penos it seems.

If only someone had mentioned all these points last season. :lol: #BringDaveBack
I hear he's available on a free and we need a back up keeper :wenger:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's not the dive. It's staying rooted to his line for a one-on-one. You do 9/10ths of the strikers job for him by giving him the entire goal to aim at from 8 yards out. Even a scuffed finish will do the job. He should've rushed out and closed the angle.

He did the exact same thing at the start of the second half so it seems to be coaching. Feck knows why.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
To accomodate a nothing player in Mason Mount. Guy cant create half the chances in 10 games that Bruno did today. Ridiculous stuff really, but then again, levels and expectations have dropped quite a bit and the fans are adjusting downwards it seems.
So, you are telling me to support our new signing? Bloody hell :lol:

Ted Lasso

They wanted him to charge out like a lunatic and take out Awoniyi

mu4c_20le

He did everything correctly. Striker was just too good.

the_cliff

So GK getting criticised for not saving a one on one.

It's a one on one, it's more the attackers fault if the player misses than the gks if he concedes. Next time Rashford is through on goal and misses a sitter like that I want to hear how the GK was incredible to make the save instead of Rashfords poor finishing. Keep it consistent.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Interesting to note that he is definitely sitting back a little more than he was in pre season.

I got roasted on here saying he was too far out of his box for both times he was lobbed in pre season, looks like EtH agrees as I see no reason why he would sit deeper.

Blood Mage

So obvious that there are some De Gea fanboys on here who were just waiting to get the knives out.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
So obvious that there are some De Gea fanboys on here who were just waiting to get the knives out.
I'm sure there are. I think moving DDG on was spot on, and I like Onana - just commenting on what i saw today.

He was great v Spurs.