5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

Love it if he came on for Rooney right now. One can dream.
Van Gaal doesn't seem to giving him chance, does he? Yes he played last game and was one of our best players but when you look at today's game. Memphis was calling for being subbed for Pereira at the half time, was easily a good time to give him the chance, also could get a chance to come on for Rooney who in the end had a very good half, but the game was over anyway..

kundalini

Ideal circumstances to give Pereira 30 mins but LVG would rather use experienced players instead. Could have started him in this match and made a change if it wasn't working out.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah didn't really get why he didn't come on instead of Young, we might not have as perfect a chance to give him some Premier League minutes for awhile.

worldinmotion66

Should have come on for Martial really, we need to protect our strongest asset. I can understand why he didn't though, he probably wanted that record.

Man Utd 2:1 Wolfsburg

Devil may care

I thought he was a bit tentative but worked hard defensively and made a good run on one of our counters. He'll get confidence from getting the nod for the last 30 minutes in such a big game.

kundalini

Encouraging that LVG is willing to risk him when the stakes are so high. Pereira's actual performance was fairly ordinary, though we were playing very poorly in those last 30 mins.

Rockets Redglare

He seemed a bit out of his depth. I'd be playing him against the weaker sides in the league and in the cups, he's not ready for champions league football yet.

tom33

Disappointing really, but everyone else on the pitch was utterly woeful in that last 20 minutes or so, so it would have been pretty tough for him.

GloryHunter07

Pretty bad performance, but the whole team was all over the place at times in the second half so understandable.

fatboy

He came in at an absolutely wrong time when we were defending deep. Well at least now we know he's not strong defensively. I hope he gets to start a game or two soon in place of Depay/Young. Depay needs a rest.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I have read what people are saying Perriera last night i have to say i disagree with critical opinions. He came on when Wolfbsurg started dominating possession and we sat back. Perreira offered a lot support to Darmian. I was very pleased with his performance.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Worked hard defensively, didn't have a central midfield to support him once Bastian went off.

It will give him confidence playing over 30 minutes in a huge game for our season.

Still think the gap between him and Memphis is too big to consider starting him just yet.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Deer in headlights stuff.
Agree. Pereira couldn't keep the ball for toffee last night.

It didn't help that the rest of the side fell to pieces when he was introduced. Still, he showed he was green at this level. Nowhere near the sort of composure Martial has.

dasty

Agree. Pereira couldn't keep the ball for toffee last night.

It didn't help that the rest of the side fell to pieces when he was introduced. Still, he showed he was green at this level. Nowhere near the sort of composure Martial has.
To be fair not even most veterans have the composure of Martial.

Thought Pereira did his job alright, not the best we can expect from him but when we are breaking you can see that he is making runs into space and asking for the ball, which is always a good sign from a youngster.

fatboy

funnily enough i think he did a great job when defending. Personally i couldn't ask for more.
I'm not saying he did a bad job. He was on fresh legs and he ran hard for the cause, but he isn't as good defensively compared to Young (for example). It's just an observation, not a slight on his performance, since we all know he's much more of an attacking player than a defensive one anyway.

Akshay

Staff
Lost the ball a lot and put us under even more pressure. Did try to track back as much as he could but not to much effect. As long as it doesn't dent his confidence it will be a good learning experience.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I'm not saying he did a bad job. He was on fresh legs and he ran hard for the cause, but he isn't as good defensively compared to Young (for example). It's just an observation, not a slight on his performance, since we all know he's much more of an attacking player than a defensive one anyway.
Well of course he isnt as good defensively as Young...... What he lacks is simply experience. Being as good as young defensively will come with experience. What he does have is all the basic building blocks of a very good player, all he lacks is experience. Some in here dont seem to understand that.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He didn't look ready to be introduced into a high pressure situation like that. Especially one where our backs were to the wall and we weren't composed enough to be building up our normal possession based attacks.

Nickosaur

He came in at an absolutely wrong time when we were defending deep. Well at least now we know he's not strong defensively. I hope he gets to start a game or two soon in place of Depay/Young. Depay needs a rest.
Let's have it written in cast iron that for the rest of his career, Andreas Pereira is poor defensively!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
funnily enough i think he did a great job when defending. Personally i couldn't ask for more.
He did well, but unlike others I don't think that he has a futur as a #8, I prefer him as an attacking midfielder or inside forward.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He was terrible. Poor decision to bring him on.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Strange time to bring him on really. We was under pressure before, not sure what LvG though inexperienced 19 year old was going to do.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I can't remember who else was on the bench? Fellaini? Might have been a decent option actually. We were hoofing the ball away a lot and he could at least have held it up in their half. That and win some defensive headers.

Feck it, though. I'm pleased he got a game. We can't moan about the kids not getting enough chances, then moan when one finally does get a chance. He'll learn from it. All good experience.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
inexperienced 19 year old was going to do
we know what a inexperienced 19 year old can do (Martial), why shouldn't LvG give the lad a chance? He played well in his last game for us.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He did himself no favours, unfortunately. Was presumably brought on to give us a bit more composure and accurate passing after Depay tired but ended up repeatedly giving the ball away. Which will have really pissed Van Gaal off.
You're probably right about van Gaal being pissed off, but he will hopefully take some responsibility for throwing Pereira into a game he wasn't ready for. Fellaini would have been a better option in that situation.

At least he's giving the lad chances and showed a lot of trust to bring him on under those circumstances.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
we know what a inexperienced 19 year old can do (Martial), why shouldn't LvG give the lad a chance? He played well in his last game for us.
Because of the way the game was on an edge. No way is he going to influence that game. We had much more experienced players struggling to get a foot hold in the game. To expect that of Pererira is a tad unfair I think, and it showed.

Spielmacher

Strange time to bring him on really. We was under pressure before, not sure what LvG though inexperienced 19 year old was going to do.
Probably wanted to sub Memphis anyways and since Young was needed in defence Pereira was the only option for his position. And i disagree, football isn't always easy and the sooner a youngster learns it the better, good for his mentality.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Because of the way the game was on an edge. No way is he going to influence that game. We had much more experienced players struggling to get a foot hold in the game. To expect that of Pererira is a tad unfair I think, and it showed.
And you have to look at what LvG was seeing too. What was Depay doing to influence the game? Nothing and deserved to be replaced, Pereria is a great talent and there is no way LvG would have no idea he would be as ineffective as Depay, but at least he had the balls in such a big game to trust in youth. I'm not concerned about this swap at all, and if Schweinsteiger stayed on the pitch, perhaps Pereria would have been able to express himself better. As it happened the whole team went to shit and sat back defending, so it seems a little harsh to blame the lad for playing shite when no-one in the team could string two passes together at the point he came on.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Probably wanted to sub Memphis anyways and since Young was needed in defence Pereira was the only option for his position. And i disagree, football isn't always easy and the sooner a youngster learns it the better, good for his mentality.
Thing is. Memphis had a mixed game but was still one of the most dangerous players on the pitch. I'm sure he'll learn from it as he'll be bollocked for being so sloppy.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
And you have to look at what LvG was seeing too. What was Depay doing to influence the game? Nothing and deserved to be replaced, Pereria is a great talent and there is no way LvG would have no idea he would be as ineffective as Depay, but at least he had the balls in such a big game to trust in youth. I'm not concerned about this swap at all, and if Schweinsteiger stayed on the pitch, perhaps Pereria would have been able to express himself better. As it happened the whole team went to shit and sat back defending, so it seems a little harsh to blame the lad for playing shite when no-one in the team could string two passes together at the point he came on.
I thought Memphis was still one of our better players. No idea why Schweinsteiger was subbed either, another questionable substitution for me. I think the subs helped the opposition more than they helped us actually.

The point about the team going to shit is why I thought Pereira sub was a strange one. I don't think he's going to make a difference to that team at that time. I'm not blaming Pereira for anything, I'm blaming the manager! ;)

Spielmacher

Thing is. Memphis had a mixed game but was still one of the most dangerous players on the pitch. I'm sure he'll learn from it as he'll be bollocked for being so sloppy.
I think Memphis was taken off to give him a break. He was one of the players that looked like he could need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.