Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
The press always try and unsettle our players, it shifts papers. First we were going to shift DDG because he was shit and now we're going to lose him because he's fantastic, it'll be the same with ADM.
Perhaps a bit disingenuous to suggest the De Gea situation is a press narrative? They're only reporting what is utterly apparent. The club aren't blamerless either. They were briefing for months that they were relaxed about the situation.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The worrying part in all this, is that someone forced him to sign for United, the police needs to investigate on that, he is a free man and should be able to sign for whoever he wants.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Swap deal for Cavani? I reckon Cavani would knock about 10m off the 60m we'd be looking for. Cavani and Veratti, now that's something we could consider.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Benched against Liverpool. And wasn't it deserved?! Hopefully this gives him the kick up the ass he needs.

Revan

Assumptionman
Feck Cavani, he's too old now.

Marquinhos + Veratti = Di Maria + 10-20m and we have a deal.

m1tch

Based on form then yeah, he didn't deserve to start.
Based on what he could bring, i.e. pace on the counter-attack, I'd of put him in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Huge mistake imo to bench him, he hasnt been great but still our most creative player by far.
We'll have to wait and see if it was a mistake... Di maria is a big game player and of course our most creative player and his pace would have been useful but Mata can be brilliant as well and is a more reliable passer. Fair arguments for both players. Using di Maria as an impact sub could work out for the best in whatever situation we are in later on

Castia

I feel we will miss his pace today but its hard to argue about changing the side that won 3-0 last week. He will be a good player to bring on in the second half anyway.

Hit It

I wouldn't have started him, I think the intensity of this kind of game would be too much for him.

Varun

Staff
Would have started him. His pace on the counter would have been absolutely vital.

Does show Van Gaal wont hesitate to take big calls, which is good going forwards once RVP is fit.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Would have started him. His pace on the counter would have been absolutely vital.

Does show Van Gaal wont hesitate to take big calls, which is good going forwards once RVP is fit.
Everyone knows RVP gets special treatment, when RVP is fit he'll be back in the first 11 regardless of how bad he is.

Glad he's benched ADM though, he will be much better to bring on in last 20 mins if we are struggling and need a goal.

Nights

Would swap for Marquinhos + Verrati :) Would even throw in some $$$ too!

He'll be good to bring on in the second half if we're chasing the game.

rover

i can see the only reason of his missing is the lineup produced very positive result at the last game, so to have it continued. really need not to think it too much

Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Could be the beginning of the end for him. You guys look so much more balanced and creative without him, in the game against Spurs and so far today. Seems less rushed and more fluid.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Could be the beginning of the end for him. You guys look so much more balanced and creative without him, in the game against Spurs and so far today. Seems less rushed and more fluid.
He could easily come in for Young though, wouldn't read to.much into it.

Classical Mechanic

I think the absence of Van Persie and Falcao is the biggest factor in that as Hererra gets to play and he knits everything together. Rooney not being in midfield is a big plus too. But yes Mata and Hererra really link up play well. Di Maria loses the ball a lot because he always tries something special.

DevilRed

He could easily come in for Young though, wouldn't read to.much into it.
Totally agree. He could replace either Mata or Young when they start to tire.

If we can keep a clean sheet for 20 minutes in the second half, then the dippers will need to start throwing players forward. Putting on Di Maria at that junction would make us dangerous on the break. Similar to how we did against the gooners and so'ton.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think that's simplifying it a bit too much personally. He's just not in great form, as happens with a lot of players and especially in thier first season. He'll get back into form and prove his worth in good time.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Totally agree. He could replace either Mata or Young when they start to tire.

If we can keep a clean sheet for 20 minutes in the second half, then the dippers will need to start throwing players forward. Putting on Di Maria at that junction would make us dangerous on the break. Similar to how we did against the gooners and so'ton.
Exactly, I just think LvG is going by form (as he should) but wouldn't read too much into it. Bigger players have been dropped and it might actually be good for him.

Man-United

He wouldn't offer anything close to the defensive protection Young has offered. It would be a disaster to replace him unless we are chasing the game
Yes, Young should be on the pitch.

We look so much better without ADM in the team.

DevilRed

Exactly, I just think LvG is going by form (as he should) but wouldn't read too much into it. Bigger players have been dropped and it might actually be good for him.
Look at how Mata has responded after being out for a few weeks. I hope ADM shows the same type of desire to make it here at Manchester United.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He wouldn't offer anything close to the defensive protection Young has offered. It would be a disaster to replace him unless we are chasing the game
Tracking back and workrate are some of his strongest aspects. I think it has to do with tactics and form. Atm He looks sluggish and lazy but an on form Di Maria is far from a defensive liability.

Hitchcocker

What the feck was Di Maria thinking? There is no way he would/should have thought it was out. Shocking brainfarts.

And as I say that, what a pass to Mata.

El Zoido

Good assist for the goal but otherwise he's been shocking. Looks a liability tbh.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I don't get how his passing is so sloppy when he's not even under pressure

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Marquinhos + Veratti = Di Maria + 10-20m and we have a deal.
You should know whom you're dealing with. PSG will only sell when they want to. I don't think anybody can force them, not United not Real.

Skills

Snitch
Losing the ball too much, should stay up front where it won't cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.