Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Definitely would have made sense to play him today, however I absolute detest the man when he plays with Fellaini - he is a key culprit of aimlessly lumping it towards him.

If we're talking about form deserving a start - Young and Mata haven't played very well in the last two so it would've been fair to give him a go.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Spend 60m on a player and don't even let him play, brilliant.

Honestly if I were ADM I'd want to go somewhere else this summer.
Yes, because his transfer fee automatically means he'll play well, some logic that.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Yes, because his transfer fee automatically means he'll play well, some logic that.
No, but playing proven players in a consistent starting XI and they might start playing better, y'know like the rest of them did in our good run?

Roman Bellic

Prick
:lol: people are calling for his head and want him sold because he can't get into the team, yet he's still by far our most creative player, with the stats to show it.
He is the most creative player in our team, but can we at least get some of that creativity from him in more than just 2 attacks?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He hasn't played in ages and has got 13 assists and 4 goals. When was the last time we had that kind of end product from a winger?

Orton

He is the most creative player in our team, but can we at least get some of that creativity from him in more than just 2 attacks?
Well we would if he played more I'm sure. Kind of common practise, more minutes = more creativity.

Roman Bellic

Prick
No, but playing proven players in a consistent starting XI and they might start playing better, y'know like the rest of them did in our good run?
You mean playing an inconsistent player signed off one golden season? are we just going to ignore the fact that we used a system in our good run?

Bojan11

He's done nothing coming off the bench to suggest he deserves to be starting apart from giving the ball away.

Even the hint of taking someone or something.

Castia

Really surprised he doesn't start today our wingers and Fellaini (presuming he could play CM) have been poor in the last 2 games and LvG in his press conference hinted that he will play, meh.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I'd love to know which would be the ideal winger for LvG apart from Robben who won't give the ball away a lot? Depay? Bale? Both give it away very often.

Even for a low risk taker and at times coward manager like Mourinho Di Maria had always been a starter. I am afraid to say it but LvG's coward tactics at times will cost us big time in Europe against any half decent opposition.

Orton

You mean playing an inconsistent player signed off one golden season? are we just going to ignore the fact that we used a system in our good run?
We also managed to consistently play the same group of players, and that's the main reason we went on the run. Something we haven't managed to do most of the season is fielding the same XI and when we finally did, look what happened? Look what also happened when we lost a few of them. 2 defeats in 2. Di Maria has barely been on the field in this time, it's not because he's a poor player but it's because the line up has been consistent, yet when we lose some games and other players in his positions on the pitch are poor, he still sits on the bench, and supporters still get riled up at him for some unknown reason (the transfer fee?) How can he produce when he isn't playing? All the evidence so far points towards him producing a fair bit when he does play, but in unbalanced teams. Barely had a chance in this system though. Harsh to say the least.

Orton

What about the other 10+ games he played/started and did feck all?
Going by that logic, what about the 8 games Messi's done feck all this season, or the 15 games Rooney and RVP have done feck all? You expect someone to produce magic every single game, well actually the only player in the world that does it is Messi, and he's had some shit games this season too.

Roman Bellic

Prick
We also managed to consistently play the same group of players, and that's the main reason we went on the run. Something we haven't managed to do most of the season is fielding the same XI and when we finally did, look what happened? Look what also happened when we lost a few of them. 2 defeats in 2. Di Maria has barely been on the field in this time, it's not because he's a poor player but it's because the line up has been consistent, yet when we lose some games and other players in his positions on the pitch are poor, he still sits on the bench, and supporters still get riled up at him for some unknown reason (the transfer fee?) How can he produce when he isn't playing? All the evidence so far points towards him producing a fair bit when he does play, but in unbalanced teams. Barely had a chance in this system though. Harsh to say the least.
Very easy to throw the "how can he produce when he isn't playing?" excuse, when the same supporters getting riled up at him have witnessed him start for us on a consistent basis and waste balls after balls(besides the 1/2 golden moments), we have seen what Di Maria can do, his name used to be the first on the team sheet at some point.... we have gone down that path before, Mata used to be a bench warmer, then he'd come in and play well -he even won us a game from the bench, same with Herrera - cant say the same about Angel though.

Todd

I never said anything about a transfer fee meaning a player will automatically play well, did I?

It's the idea that when you spend that massive amount of money on a player you pretty much should be playing him regardless, so that it's not a total waste of money.

He hasn't been given proper chance in the past two months to get himself back into the groove.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
His movement and ability to try and create something is desperately needed in this game.

Herrera and Mata are babysitting Fellaini, Valencia and Rooney here. They need support.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Fellaini off di Maria on at half time please.

Absolutely no reason fellaini should start against these lot he doesn't offer anything but strength and aerial threat we don't need eith in this game, we need pace and unpredictability.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I never said anything about a transfer fee meaning a player will automatically play well, did I?

It's the idea that when you spend that massive amount of money on a player you pretty much should be playing him regardless
, so that it's not a total waste of money.

He hasn't been given proper chance in the past two months to get himself back into the groove.
You are basically saying Di Maria should be starting every game regardless of his performances...because of his transfer fee, you could apply the same logic to Falcao, its wrong.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Not sure why he's not starting, that's 225 minutes without a goal where we've been woeful in front of goal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Crying out for him. We'll chuck him on in the 70th minute though.

DWelbz19

Fellaini off di Maria on at half time please.

Absolutely no reason fellaini should start against these lot he doesn't offer anything but strength and aerial threat we don't need eith in this game, we need pace and unpredictability.
Yup. He cripples our creativity a lot, really shouldn't be a first teamer in most games.

JoaquinJoaquin

He really should be starting in games like these. The fans should judge him after he gets a run of 3-4 games in a balanced team. He is effective when he starts.
LVG has got it wrong today IMO, should of started with Di Maria and been a bit more adventurous.

Devil may care

Definitely should come on, we lack unpredictability and drive right now, it's all too side to side.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Every week, someone pops up asking why he's not playing and says "he's made for this game". And then he comes on and proceeds to do feck all except shoot from stupid places and give the ball away, coupled with one or two decent crosses. Then people come in saying he did well and that's deemed sufficient enough for him to start the next game. He doesn't and the whole cycle repeats itself.

DWelbz19

Every week, someone pops up asking why he's not playing and says "he's made for this game". And then he comes on and proceeds to do feck all except shoot from stupid places and give the ball away, coupled with one or two decent crosses. Then people come in saying he did well and that's deemed sufficient enough for him to start the next game. He doesn't and the whole cycle repeats itself.
But are Young, Mata, Fellaini, Rooney doing well enough for him not to be starting? No chance at all.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yup. He cripples our creativity a lot, really shouldn't be a first teamer in most games.

It was obvious that WBA would come here to park the bus, it's poor selection by LVG. It's incredibly frustrating a manager can't see it when every fan could see it.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
You're happy with what you've seen against Chelsea, Everton and now West Brom from everyone else?

I'll tell you what's more frustrating than watching di Maria, watching us play against WBA and create feck all, all half.

Everyone has been awful in these past few games.

Empire

What I don't get is this, whenever we are losing or not looking like making anything happen the manager brings on Angel di Maria so clearly he is of the opinion he can make something happen but then isn't it logical just to start him and let him grow into the match?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I know it's a cliche but seriously; "needs to bulk up".

A 6 year old girl could brush him off the ball.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
You're happy with what you've seen against Chelsea, Everton and now West Brom from everyone else?

I'll tell you what's more frustrating than watching di Maria, watching us play against WBA and create feck all, all half.

Everyone has been awful in these past few games.
Nothing, and I mean nothing, is more frustrating than watching Di Maria play right now.

If we can get get our money back for him, I'd gladly sell him. He doesn't fit into our midfield three and the only place to play him is on the wing where he's consistently inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.