Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit It

Can't wait to see him firing on all cylinders next season. Going to be very very exciting.
Lets hope so. I mean the number of assists he has made is quite remarkable for someone who hasn't been playing well this season.

I had said earlier in this thread that his crossing has not been great but I must say that the attackers in the box don't really make enough effort to get a head on it themselves. You can't just stay in a stationary position where you make it easier for the defender to mark you.Tussle with defender, try to get a jump on them at the right moment. If Di Maria is crossing in training, then the attackers should be adapting their movement to his various deliveries, so when matchday arrives, you know the kind of areas where it may typically come. The season Rooney was scoring headers galore from Valencia's crosses could not have been done without some kind of practise.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A couple of weeks ago I said hope was lost for this season and it seems I was right. It's a shame a player of his caliber only plays about 10-15 minutes a game. He should see more.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

He's clearly staying:)
That's a pair of angel wings around the '7' though. United are the red 'Devils.'

Angels hate devils and they fight.

Ipso facto Di Maria hates United.

either that or it's a reference to his name..........................

dirkey

A couple of weeks ago I said hope was lost for this season and it seems I was right. It's a shame a player of his caliber only plays about 10-15 minutes a game. He should see more.
Didn't you also say he should play ahead of young before the city game?

fatboy

Hope he'll get another season to prove himself. It only makes sense. He came from a different league, different country/culture/language, and moreover had to get used to a new coach/system which even the seasoned Premier League players struggled to get their head around until recently.

He's a fantastic, world class talent, and i remember it wasn't so long ago when many of us were still pinching ourselves when we saw him don the United shirt for the first time. These players don't come around very often, and am just hoping he can establish himself as one of Van Gaal's trusted players by the time the next season starts.

Skorenzy

That's a pair of angel wings around the '7' though. United are the red 'Devils.'

Angels hate devils and they fight.

Ipso facto Di Maria hates United.

either that or it's a reference to his name..........................
But devils are fallen angels, and Ángel sure does fall a lot...

♪♫...And if the Devil is six, then God is seven...♫♪

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Didn't you also say he should play ahead of young before the city game?
I don't think so. If I remember correctly I said di Maria may be the better individual player, but that the team should stay as it is as long as it's working well together.

dirkey

I don't think so. If I remember correctly I said di Maria may be the better individual player, but that the team should stay as it is as long as it's working well together.
My mistake, apologies! Must have confused you with someone else.

Todd

Is it just me or does it seem like ADM attempts at least one 40 yard shot per match? What is he hoping to accomplish?

rover

Is it just me or does it seem like ADM attempts at least one 40 yard shot per match? What is he hoping to accomplish?
you know what? maybe tis his agent told him to do that to make him valuable

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As much as Young has had a good spell he really is average and flatters.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
As much as Young has had a good spell he really is average and flatters.
Yes, you're right. Young simply doesn't create enough to warrant a starting place.

But hey, we dominated possession for the second game in a row, we were the better team...

championo

Top Stalker
It is not just you. Players who do this are not intelligent really, they will never succeed under LVG. Real saw this and they took us to the cleaners.

Leg-End

If we aren't going to play him or bring him on at the obvious time then we may as well shift him whilst he still holds some value.

thejtrain

60M. Let that sink in. I'm sure almost everyone would agree with the fact that we overpaid for him, but it looks like we overpaid at least what, some 20-25M?

dar10nian

Fletchers biggest fan
Should get whatever we can get for him and buy Bale. di Maria has been rubbish for the last few months. Very disappointing along with Falcao.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Almost as soon as he came on he put in two or three of the most dangerous balls of the game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Almost as soon as he came on he put in two or three of the most dangerous balls of the game.
Yup. It's so clear that at his best he's yonks better than anyone else. He needs to start a game.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Young will probably retain possession more, but Di Maria will get assists. He should be starting.

Not to mention he's not going to get any kind of rhythm by being brought on so late all the damn time.

championo

Top Stalker
Dangerous for us or them? There is nothing more detrimental to us than this cross field unnecessary passes he attempts when we are not set up to defend his needless loss of possession.

binary bot
Needs to start in that kind of game, too much sideways passing and no running beyond the man. He's great at the ball in behind too.

Status
Not open for further replies.