Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForlansHair

The pass he played to Falcao was absolutely outrageous, I think only Fabregas on the pitch could've played it (Falcao was offside but there's nothing Di Maria could do about that). That was just a glimmer of what he can do and why I think he should've started today. When you're coming up against a well-drilled wall you need a bit of magic to break it down. He would've given us a better chance and in hindsight, I think van Gaal got it wrong not to start him - totally agree with the decision not to start him in central midfield though, we want to control the game and we're not going to do that with him in the middle - it should've been for Young or Mata.

An Irish Red

He's a more talented version of Nani really. Pacy, tricky and skillful but really frustrating.

He'll never make it here as a central midfielder because he's just not reliable enough in possession but he's a great option out wide. He'll come good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If a local lad had his assist record than we would be hearing a different tune altogether. Its a shame that ADM happens not to be likeable, the hardworking type (little brains but a lot of workrate) or British.
I don't mind people saying he hasn't performed like the top top player he has been in the past. But the knee jerk garbage and scapegoating is hilarious.

He hasn't been rubbish. Anyone who has created or scored a goal every 120 minutes or so like has, can't have been bad.

I know his transfer fee gives people the need to be overly critical but that's where you have to use your brain and use a bit of perspective and show a bit of patience.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Once again, can you generate your opinions, or do you like the bandwagon?

His lack of tracking back is incredibly over stated; if you watched the games, you'd know. Yes, at times, he's guilty of letting his man go, but more often than not, it's not been the case, as he demonstrated today.
I've not missed a game in over 10 years. I know what I see and do I want United to take a risk on him next season. No I bloody don't.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Other than directly contributing towards the goal, there's actually nothing special about an assist, though.
:lol: What an odd comment, I mean its like saying there is nothing special about scoring, expect scoring the goal

roykeane19

Though he always tries alot of through balls, adventurous runs, or risky passes, and they dont always come off, today he was put on for that reason, we were loosing, may as well just let him do what he does and provide a moment of magic

But we all know Mourinho, drills his sides very well on how to sit back and absorb pressure

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
that's true. I mean who needs goals after all?
I'd rather football was changed to a sport where 22 men run up and down the pitch demonstrating their stamina, athleticism and hard work... although there maybe a sport that's similar...

All 3 United

He's been okay.

That's a pretty useless thing to say. Blame fee owners for that if you want.

Vidic and even were rubbish for united early on. Imagine if we spent 20 million them. Your all be losing the plot I reckon.

Have a bit of patience. It's as if he bummed your dog while you were on vacation.
Nobody touches MY dog! Sorry but that as brilliant ! Great post - lol

Cassidy

I guess i'll spell it out for you then.

You said Di Maria needed a run of games. I said Mata and Shaw were able to come in after being out the team for a while and perform. You then said well Di Maria hasn't started, but failed to realise Di Maria had started the previous 6 or 7 games before that, including the game he got taken off against Sunderland at half time for being poor. Therefore he had a run of games and didn't produce. That's how it's relevant, and that's why he's currently out the team.
FFS no I didn't

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I've not missed a game in over 10 years. I know what I see and do I want United to take a risk on him next season. No I bloody don't.
My 14-year-old nephew hasn't missed a game in 11 years. He still makes ridiculously childish comments.

Cassidy

He's a more talented version of Nani really. Pacy, tricky and skillful but really frustrating.

He'll never make it here as a central midfielder because he's just not reliable enough in possession but he's a great option out wide. He'll come good.
He has a much better eye for a pass than Nani, hes not only about pace and trickery, he is probably one of a few players in the team, that can spot a difficult through pass / ball over the top and execute it.

Skills

Snitch
Should've bought him on a bit earlier. I think he would've eventually got something Ivanovic who had locked Young down all game.

Cassidy

Starting games then.
Again, no I didn't go and read back.
What I said was, your example of Mata and Shaw wasn't a good one and didn't make sense. Someone else was talking about starting games/ having a run of games.

All 3 United

My 14-year-old nephew hasn't missed a game in 11 years. He still makes ridiculously childish comments.
Difference is in I've been watching 30 plus years. Di Maria should not be given another year. Mark this post if you like.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Mata's been player of the season for a couple of years for Chelsea and it took him a while to settle. Give Di Maria time to adapt to both the league, and his manager's requirements. Unlike Moyes, he has a track record that says he belongs at the club.

An Irish Red

He has a much better eye for a pass than Nani, hes not only about pace and trickery, he is probably one of a few players in the team, that can spot a difficult through pass / ball over the top and execute it.
That's true. It's the consistency that's his problem. He'll give the ball away a few times and then play a brilliant, defence-splitting pass to create a chance.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't mind people saying he hasn't performed like the top top player he has been in the past. But the knee jerk garbage and scapegoating is hilarious.

He hasn't been rubbish. Anyone who has created or scored a goal every 120 minutes or so like has, can't have been bad.

I know his transfer fee gives people the need to be overly critical but that's where you have to use your brain and use a bit of perspective and show a bit of patience.
I agree.

Walters_19_MuFc

Again, no I didn't go and read back.
What I said was, your example of Mata and Shaw wasn't a good one and didn't make sense. Someone else was talking about starting games/ having a run of games.

How you can't see the relevance of Mata and Shaw when I have just explained it to you doesn't make sense.

Fact is, Di Maria out of the team because he's been fecking awful both, when starting and coming off the bench. That simple.

Cassidy

No thought welbeck was a waste of a shirt too
I'm actually interested, what exactly is your issue with Di Maria, you actually believe he has been totally useless this season?

All 3 United

What would be the point of selling him? we'd make a massive loss on him and still wouldn't get anyone as talented as a replacement. Pointless really.
We'd still probably get £40m which will be £20m more than next season and have won more games.

Boycott

I think he played well when he came on. One horrible ball across the midfield to Valencia but generally positive thinking, taking on players and beating them, looking to raise the tempo.

All 3 United

I'm actually interested, what exactly is your issue with Di Maria, you actually believe he has been totally useless this season?
Unless he does a Ronaldo and really bulks up his top half plus works incredibly hard he's not going to cut it. We need a player that can be the difference as Hazard was today, he's not that.

Cassidy

How you can't see the relevance of Mata and Shaw when I have just explained it to you doesn't make sense.

Fact is, Di Maria out of the team because he's been fecking awful both, when starting and coming off the bench. That simple.
Mata had a run of games when he was poor, and so has Shaw. The whole team was pretty poor up until about a month ago tbh.
Di Maria hasn't been fecking awful all season, he had a poor run of games, yes granted, quite a few players have this season.
He has actually done well to ok in his recent cameos too.
Like I said before, I think its right Young has been keeping his place in the team, I don't have an issue with that.

Cassidy

Unless he does a Ronaldo and really bulks up his top half plus works incredibly hard he's not going to cut it. We need a player that can be the difference as Hazard was today, he's not that.
Why does he need to bulk up his top half ffs? He has already show he doesn't need to do that. All he needs to do is be a little more careful with his passing.

All 3 United

Why does he need to bulk up his top half ffs? He has already show he doesn't need to do that. All he needs to do is be a little more careful with his passing.
FFS! If any player gets pushed off the ball too easily it's Di Maria.

Cassidy

FFS! If any player gets pushed off the ball too easily it's Di Maria.
That is very much overplayed, mostly he thinks its a foul so he goes down. He needs to get used to the physicality of the league, what is deemed a foul or not, rather than bulking up. Chalk it down to experience, people were spouting that same stuff about Herrera earlier in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.