Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Alright, fair enough. Seems like you've done your research, so no reason to doubt the numbers now. :)

Though I'm a bit surprised (pleasantly, mind) that the assist number is already into double figures. 24 'scorers' is a superb return, all things considered.
Whoscored, Squawka, Goal, transfermarkt - none of them were giving me a fair count, so I opened up the match day thread for every game this season on the Caf, and then counted the number of '+' signs next to Martial's name in the lineup on the right. :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Martial, Benzema and Griezmann as a front three I guess. That's pretty damn good.

edit: didn't realise Benzema was out, but yeah they've still got Giroud. Or Martial, Griezmann, Coman :drool:
France will be the team to watch at the Euro's with the talent they suddenly have

donnwyt

On matchwinner Anthony Martial
"He could have scored in the first half when he was in the same situation, so I told him at half-time to shoot low into the corner – and he did that!"

Another one of those "the player scored or did this and that because of my advice" post match comments :lol:
Why didn't you include the one where he denied jokingly after that?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Why didn't you include the one where he denied jokingly after that?
Sigh I asked in another thread because someone said he made a joky jokey afterwards but here js the full quote the place where i got it from (official site):

Can you add what he said that got interviewer laughing.
He could have scored in the first half when he was in the same situation, so I told him at half-time to shoot low into the corner – and he did that! It was a fantastic finish. I think he can do much better [in the future] because I see a lot of things that he can still improve and he shall improve. Only by training and by playing can you improve. Also, when you are playing at a higher level then you improve. When you are older you know all the things shall happen again. Then you have experience and you can decide much better in the same situation as before.

From http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...niteds-fa-cup-semi-final-against-everton.aspx

I don't see a joke there, so you can see why i left that irrelevant part out. Rest assured I had no agenda and if he made a jokely dokely somewhere then I didn't know.

Unlikely lad

Sigh I asked in another thread because someone said he made a joky jokey afterwards but here js the full quote the place where i got it from (official site):

He could have scored in the first half when he was in the same situation, so I told him at half-time to shoot low into the corner – and he did that! It was a fantastic finish. I think he can do much better [in the future] because I see a lot of things that he can still improve and he shall improve. Only by training and by playing can you improve. Also, when you are playing at a higher level then you improve. When you are older you know all the things shall happen again. Then you have experience and you can decide much better in the same situation as before.

From http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...niteds-fa-cup-semi-final-against-everton.aspx

I don't see a joke there, so you can see why i left that irrelevant part out. Rest assured I had no agenda and if he made a jokely dokely somewhere then I didn't know.
Did you watch the interview? He did laugh it off like it was tongue in cheek.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is the consensus about his position slowly moving towards the LW position? I think it suits him better.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Is the consensus about his position slowly moving towards the LW position? I think it suits him better.
As long as it's actually as a left/wide forward, rather than a plain old left winger in 4-4-2 terms.

Shark

@NotShark
Martial will look good in a white kit few years from now... :drool:
Madrid should maybe concentrate on finding their own young talents, instead of letting other clubs do the work and being the slimy shits that they are, snatch them away when they're the finished article. Thing is, you're not even guaranteed trophies with Barca around.

Bwuk

If we are playing a front three he should be on the left, but if we are playing 4231 is rather him through the middle

LouisDanGaal

I was just reading through the thred on Ronaldo pre 2006/7 because I thought they would be very similar but they really aren't. It doesn't mean he will become a better player or anything but its pretty incredible when in here we all agree that a player is destined to be a star, there are usually divisions over most players. He's like shaw in that its not about potential, he earns his keep for the team now, potential is much less relevant when he is already delivering the goods to the extent that he is the star man in our team (dave aside).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His dribbling technique is amazing, how he keeps the ball under close control surrounded by opposition players is a joy to watch.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Martial will look good in a white kit few years from now... :drool:
That old lesbian Florentino Perez can only dream of Martial. In fact, he should be worried of us taking their players and not the other way around. Just because the feckers signed Ronaldo doesn't mean Manchester United can be bullied into selling.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
"Will Martial succeed? I look forward to seeing him play, but I think it's going to be a miss, because the money they've spent is an unbelievable amount."
"For a 19-year-old kid, he's not proven. If he proves to be like a Thierry Henry, which is what a lot of people are saying, then he could obviously be a great signing, but I think it is a massive gamble to take on a 19-year-old kid."

"With the money they've put out, I could be totally wrong, but I'm going to say miss on that one."
Football expert, Ray Parlour

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just look at the guys blasting his signing even before he's kicked a ball.

justboy68

Wait. I've just realised he wasn't even nominated for young player of the year. How the feck did that happen? :houllier:

Win the golden boy award for best youngster in Europe, but not even nominated for PFA young player. It can only have been an oversight due to him having a skillset beyond his years.

AttackingFlair

I think he's a top player already and would be getting more attention if we were better as a team. I'm sure he can do a great job as a striker but as a wide player he is scoring goals and also creating them for us. He is having a young Ronaldo/Rooney impact on this team in terms of his importance. He will explode next season.

Winrar

this guy had huge pressure as a 36 million pound 19 year old but he's blown away any lingering doubts about his talent.

POF

What a signing. I was expecting him to be in and out of the side this season. Instead he is carrying the attack and is already the best outfield player at the club. His dribbling is exceptional but it is his intelligence that really impresses me. The flick for Lingard was pure class. With more quality around him he will be even better.

A left sided forward in a 4-3-3 is his best position just now but he is so good he could play anywhere across the front line.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
14 goals and 10 assists so far in his debut seasons with us, at 19/20, in a faltering side with an obvious lack of creativity/quality around him in the final third.

In 4 or 5 years this guy could be hitting Ronaldo/Messi figures.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I hope we do the right thing, and bring in the right players around him to benefit from this talent he has.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
14 goals and 10 assists so far in his debut seasons with us, at 19/20, in a faltering side with an obvious lack of creativity/quality around him in the final third.

Not sure about the last bit, but 24 goals+assists is pretty great keeping in mind he's been playing so much on the left, and the total goal tally of the team.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I honestly thought that the transfer fee was a ridiculous one for a 19 year old.

However they had been rumours just a few weeks before then that Barca were planning on signing him next season(Couldnt because of the transfer ban), and Monaco werent interested in selling. They had even promised Jardim that they wouldnt sell him.

It still was a massive gamble on our part. There's a lot I give Woodward grief for, but credit to him for having the balls to do this.

K2K

I think he is going to be a proper star, but I dont think we will see Messi and Ronaldo figures for a while yet. Those two have made those numbers look easy, but they are anomalies in football history. Think of how long it took for us to see someone as prolific as Gerd Muller.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think he is going to be a proper star, but I dont think we will see Messi and Ronaldo figures for a while yet. Those two have made those numbers look easy, but they are anomalies in football history. Think of how long it took for us to see someone as prolific as Gerd Muller.
Btw, Suarez has done it this season. Neymar was well on his way before his recent terrible run. He did get 40 last season which was great at his age.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can't see any team in England dominating enough for a player to get 50 goals.

K2K

Btw, Suarez has done it this season. Neymar was well on his way before his recent terrible run. He did get 40 last season which was great at his age.
Fair enough, But I cant really see it becoming the norm, especially in something like the UCL where those two have consistently hit outrageous figures..7 goals or so in the UCL used to be quite impressive..now you find them having scored that in the group stages.

VanGaalEra

In 2/3 years, if we're back to being the attacking force we used to be, we could easily expect 25-30 goals a season with 10-15 assists on top.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Wait. I've just realised he wasn't even nominated for young player of the year. How the feck did that happen? :houllier:

Win the golden boy award for best youngster in Europe, but not even nominated for PFA young player. It can only have been an oversight due to him having a skillset beyond his years.
Not rated as much as the others. Players are the ones who vote so he didn't get enough to be in the top six I guess.

Harry Kane
Philippe Coutinho
Romelu Lukaku
Dele Alli
Ross Barkley
Jack Butland

gaucho_10

Madrid should maybe concentrate on finding their own young talents, instead of letting other clubs do the work and being the slimy shits that they are, snatch them away when they're the finished article. Thing is, you're not even guaranteed trophies with Barca around.
That old lesbian Florentino Perez can only dream of Martial. In fact, he should be worried of us taking their players and not the other way around. Just because the feckers signed Ronaldo doesn't mean Manchester United can be bullied into selling.

Martial is skilled and he plays with panache and I'm a sucker for that type of player. Of course I'd love to see him in Madrid, but that's just me so no need to get nervous for now. You'll have no problem keeping him if United quickly get's back to where they were, but if that doesn't happen, the only thing I can see is Martial leaving 2 seasons from now, and I hope old lesbian will be in for him.

ants7

I can honestly say that when we signed him, I wasn't mad about the fee like almost everyone were (including the famous Andy Tate). I don't know why but I somehow had a feeling that there must be more than just the outrageous fee. And I was proved correct with his first appearance (vs Liverpool).

We're lucky to have him. Praying to god that he'll stay fit and I can't fecking wait what he can do once we have our team sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.