g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Anthony Martial image 9

Anthony Martial France flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
14 goals and 10 assists for a 20 year old playing on the wing in his first season is an outstanding return.

VanGaalEra

God I love our scouts for recommending his signing and for LVG and Woody going out there and getting it signed and sealed.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
On matchwinner Anthony Martial
"He could have scored in the first half when he was in the same situation, so I told him at half-time to shoot low into the corner – and he did that!"

Another one of those "the player scored or did this and that because of my advice" post match comments :lol:
:lol: Becoming as frequent as Wenger's "we could have signed him but decided not too" spiel.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Henry-esque goal but the shot itself had some solid power in it. No chance for Howard to reach that.

Sings of maturity are there and looks like he's being raised as an attacking winger.

Sylar

What a player. I havent celebrated a goal like that since I was at Old Trafford for his debut. And it was pretty similar with his composure.

The dude is ace, only 20. I know hes going to the Euros, but I hope we can get him some much needed rest to avoid burnout.

Henry-esque goal but the shot itself had some solid power in it. No chance for Howard to reach that.

Sings of maturity are there and looks like he's being raised as an attacking winger.
Nor Neville Southall tbf.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Would have been pretty fecking impressive had Howard reached it from the bench.

Skills

Snitch

Yeah it was pretty much the perfect finish. What a player.

Perrick Dubois

How many more fullbacks does he want to torch this season? Absolute wizard on the ball. Will undoubtedly start on the left next season, I feel for Depay because he's been left in the dust by this little French maestro.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Joel Robles, who unfortunately was on the receiving end of this masterclass by Martial. Or is it a rhetorical question from you?:D
Not really a question. In the end I'm glad Howard wasn't playing. Won us a charity shield once then won a penalty shoot out against us... in the FA Cup.

ManUnitedCanuck

Can become some player, that is for certain. Still think he needs to work on his end product, which should come with time. Looking forward to him being here, hopefully for a long time.

RRCE

An inspired signing, as it turns out! It just shows that actual football scouts may know just a bit more than journalists and the average fan. What an outstanding first season he's had. Watching him, it's actually quite easy to forget just how young he is. He's picked up his young family and settled into a new league / country with surprising ease (particularly given his price tag and the media reports following his transfer). He seems very humble and grounded, yet supremely confident. All indications are that he has a great chance to develop into a world class player. I can see him turning into a real leader for the team over time.

While he can certainly operate as a striker, for the time being he's absolutely tailor made for the left side of a front three. I very much look forward to watching him for years to come.

ManUtd1999

14 goals and 10 assists for a 20 year old playing on the wing in his first season is an outstanding return.
Yes, without a doubt.

And I still feel that with all of his involvement in the games, he could have had more goals or assists this season. If he improves his conversion rate and avoid, sometimes, going for too much, his tally will rise considerably. Besides that, fantastic player.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Memorable performance for all the good reasons.
Had a great game and the 20mins he seemed to struggling with a knock shows how much important a player he is to the attack.
Though I believe he still wanting in his decision making but for an unfinished article he is bloody brilliant.

Red Stone

He's still a year from being the same age as Ronaldo was when everything suddenly clicked for him after the World Cup and he started tearing the league apart for giggles.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
His drop of the shoulder and acceleration past a player is a joy.

Already getting an aura about him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was incredibly today.... probably his best game of the season in such a big game too. Tank

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
The sheer joy that you get out of watching this guy play. :drool: The wide player we have been missing since Ronaldo left.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
"He could have scored in the first half when he was in the same situation, so I told him at half-time to shoot low into the corner – and he did that!"

Another one of those "the player scored or did this and that because of my advice" post match comments :lol:
Oh feck off. Anyone off the Caf could have told Martial that.

Geordopolous

Remember when he was backed into the corner post by Besic and he absolutely embarrassed him and ran 20 metres and drew a foul? What a player

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I remember when he first started here, the most impressive thing was the he just seemed to choose to do something and then went about making it happen. Saw that today with the run for Fellaini's goal and then for his winner - he knew what he wanted to do before he got the ball and then it was simply a matter of his teammates helping out. Has to be a nightmare to defend with his magnetic feet also.

If there's a criticism, for me, it would be that he's sometimes slow to react/change plans when something he intends doesn't come off. I'll chalk that up to his age and experience.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Can we threadban the word Madrid from this thread or at least temp ban anyone who tiresomely brings it up after every good performance? It's just boring, fatalist nonsense, without a shred of evidence for it happening.

With the trajectory of both club's incomes, we'll be taking players off them in a few years, unless they can somehow refinance another loan from the currently broke Spanish government or whatever it is they do when they need to bankroll another team.

Baxter

The way he picks the ball up and just injects pace into a piece of play that was going nowhere is great. He's absolutely sensational.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Let's not forget, lots of folk were pissed at LVG from putting him out wide :) His pace and directness are important that's for certain. Hopefully he keeps improving.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

To be fair... (Although it's a little bit of a stretch).. Ignoring a similar instruction in the CL was the reason Welbeck was let go.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some wonderful moments from him in this game

- Assist
- flick for Lingard's chance
- that skill at the corner flag
- the flick to bring the ball over his shoulder
- Fellaini chance which was a handball
- the winner

Add to that all the times be ran at defenders and was a real threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.