g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Anthony Martial image 9

Anthony Martial France flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Well, that's it isn't it...contracts mean absolutely shite when a player really wants to go. I'm just saying, a player of that talent has dreams, the same as Ronaldo did. It would be interesting to know what his dream team is? The team he dreamed of playing for was. We all know Ronaldo's...what is/was Martials
I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. What was Henrys when he was winning not much with Arsenal? So not everyone really cares or thinks like that. The fact is, we made a decision to have a younger squad so that's good in a sense. They can all grow together. Ronaldo was a different issue all together. It was just ironic he turned down clubs - include those in Spain to sign for us - seeing as he wanted that environment. I wouldn't worry about Martial.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
feck off with the transfer talk. Can't we just enjoy this magnificent talent playing for us? He's 20 Ffs

Btw loved that he demanded the ball.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even if we win the FA Cup, the fact that we signed this guy will still be the biggest positive I'll take from this season. Nice to have really top class talent in the team.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
feck off with the transfer talk. Can't we just enjoy this magnificent talent playing for us? He's 20 Ffs

Btw loved that he demanded the ball.
This. fecking this.

First moment of absolute joy in this season for United and people are talking about him leaving. FFS.

Ixion

He's too good. Fantastic play for the game, dragged us out of a hole and into the final.

LouisDanGaal

Everything about that 30 seconds was beautiful, raising his arms and demanding the ball from the captain who is in a similar position because he wants to win it, the link up play, and the way he staggered his run when Herrera fell showed good awareness, top class finesse finish, and then that unreal celebration! Who thought he would top the Liverpool moment.

tom33

Benefitted first half from Everton's bizarre decision to give Besic no support at all defensively. Found it a lot more difficult second half when Gibson started doubling up on him, but then popped up with a great goal. Love the guy so much!

ChaddyP

would sign him all over again in the summer :drool: .

There is so much more joy in buying these sleeper style signings than buying higher profile established signings. Really have to hand it to lvg and the scouts for getting him in.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
not long before Real come knocking of you ask me.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Benefitted first half from Everton's bizarre decision to give Besic no support at all defensively. Found it a lot more difficult second half when Gibson started doubling up on him, but then popped up with a great goal. Love the guy so much!
Where has this notion come from that he was invisible in the second half until the goal? He should have had another assist for his dribble into the box and pass to fellaini who got his shot blocked by jagielka with his hands, he went past his markers at least akother three times (one time brilliantly with that heel flick) and put in dangerous crosses on all three counts where our players were inches away from tapping in. He did a nice backheel one touch pass for Lingard to have a free shot at goal as well.

Hope An all touch youtube compilation of this match gets made soon for Martial so we can rewatch and compare his two halves. He was actually more consistent and less prone to losing the ball in the second half.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The feckers can knock as much as they like, they're not getting him. I think we should get rid of that paranoid stuff and just enjoy watching our talents. Just because Ronaldo dreamt of playing for Madrid doesn't mean everyone does and we're going to lose every world class player we have. Once we get our shit together, there won't even be a slight worry.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Not long before I come knocking with a baseball bat straight onto those wretched "martial ganna leave, madrid and barca to pounce la" posts typing ratfingers of yours everytime he has a good game.

Summit

Not long before I come knocking with a baseball bat straight onto those wretched "martial ganna leave, madrid and barca to pounce la" posts typing ratfingers of yours everytime he has a good game.
A baseball bat? You must be a pussy to hide behind one of those. And I never said he'd leave, but without a doubt they will be interested and most prob will come knocking. Do you not think so?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
FFS! We are not some Mickey Mouse club. The guy just a few weeks ago said he wants to spend many years here. We paid €80m for him. Madrid can't afford him unless he runs down his contract which still has 4 years to run. Get a grip.
You don't hear Spurs fans fretting about Kane.

Eddy_JukeZ

Real Madrid can piss off if they come knocking. I wouldn't sell Martial for any amount of $$$. Tired of them swooping in for our players.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
A baseball bat? You must be a pussy to hide behind one of those. And I never said he'd leave, but without a doubt they will be interested and most prob will come knocking. Do you not think so?
I do once it is time. In three years maybe we can not hold onto him. But to repeat it like a broken record as you have done several times over a longer period of time whenever people are happy with his great performance reminds me of those very old and ugly people I know who are always depressed and miserable.

Striker10

FFS! We are not some Mickey Mouse club. The guy just a few weeks ago said he wants to spend many years here. We paid €80m for him. Madrid can't afford him unless he runs down his contract which still has 4 years to run. Get a grip.
You don't hear Spurs fans fretting about Kane.
lol the last few years have driven some folks potty. I wish they would just zip it.

Summit

I do once it is time. In three years maybe we can not hold onto him. But to repeat it like a broken record as you have done several times over a longer period of time whenever people are happy with his great performance reminds me of those very old and ugly people I know who are always depressed and miserable.
Are you mistaking me for someone else?? I have never mentioned Real coming knocking for him before?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
On matchwinner Anthony Martial
"He could have scored in the first half when he was in the same situation, so I told him at half-time to shoot low into the corner – and he did that!"

Another one of those "the player scored or did this and that because of my advice" post match comments :lol:

Summit

lol the last few years have driven some folks potty. I wish they would just zip it.
Nah I'm far from potty mate, just being realistic. I'd be amazed if the likes of Real doesn't come knocking eventually. I'm not saying he'd leave, and I hope to feck he is with us for many years to come, but they will try.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Are you mistaking me for someone else?? I have never mentioned Real in coming knocking for him before?
Oh ok. There is this one Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime in this thread who has been on and on about real and barca coming to knock knock for him for the best part of the season. Excuse me.

Summit

Oh ok. There is this one Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime in this thread who has been on and on about real and barca coming to knock knock for him for the best part of the season. Excuse me.
Fair dos, we'll move on. No harm done. My post about Real was more of a worry tbh, cause I love everything about him atm.

Devil may care

"He could have scored in the first half when he was in the same situation, so I told him at half-time to shoot low into the corner – and he did that!"

Another one of those "the player scored or did this and that because of my advice" post match comments :lol:
Typical Vangle.

wiz4231

Oh shut up LVG, we won because no one listened to you and they played instinctively

tom33

Where has this notion come from that he was invisible in the second half until the goal? He should have had another assist for his dribble into the box and pass to fellaini who got his shot blocked by jagielka with his hands, he went past his markers at least akother three times (one time brilliantly with that heel flick) and put in dangerous crosses on all three counts where our players were inches away from tapping in. He did a nice backheel one touch pass for Lingard to have a free shot at goal as well.

Hope An all touch youtube compilation of this match gets made soon for Martial so we can rewatch and compare his two halves. He was actually more consistent and less prone to losing the ball in the second half.
Don't think I said he was invisible second half, just that he wasn't involved as much as he was first half. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Striker10

Nah I'm far from potty mate, just being realistic. I'd be amazed if the likes of Real doesn't come knocking eventually. I'm not saying he'd leave, and I hope to feck he is with us for many years to come, but they will try.
It's not everyones dream. They can try all they like but what will happen is the media will lie at some point because people make it easy to create a story. Let's just enjoy the moment and forget the rest.

Summit

It's not everyones dream. They can try all they like but what will happen is the media will lie at some point because people make it easy to create a story. Let's just enjoy the moment and forget the rest.
don't believe I said it was his dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.