Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wow, just wow. A special player.

If Memphis get's his finger out, and we can help Januzaj reach his potential, we could have a very good triumvirate of attackers. With Lingard also impressing, that's four players under 22 with good to world class potential. It's a real shame we just let Januzaj go on loan.
Don't forget Pereira either, who has a big future for sure. And Wilson who still has potential, just not as much as the others probably. And Shaw is just 20 and he's as good as any 20 year old around (let's just hope he returns as he was).

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Don't forget Pereira either, who has a big future for sure. And Wilson who still has potential, just not as much as the others probably. And Shaw is just 20 and he's as good as any 20 year old around (let's just hope he returns as he was).
You'd think our the core of our team could be sorted for the next few years when you add De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Shaw (as you pointed out), Schneiderlin, Darmian all still relatively young, plus the youngsters named before.

Man Utd 0:0 PSV

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
During the time I watched, he was non-existent and didn't look like he wanted to make anything happen either.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not his best game for us. Unlike others, I didn't feel he was that bad in the 1st half; was a bit off, but still managed to get a couple of decent shots away. He was anonymous in the second half though, which is disappointing since one of his most impressive factors since coming here has been that he's often looked like a breath of fresh air even when the team has been dire. Didn't help that we weren't creating anything for him, though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mixed bag in the first half. Non-existent in the second. Kid could do with a break. Almost a quarter of a billion quid spent on new players, no attacking injuries and we can't afford to give him one, despite this poor performance tonight. That's the sort of financial mismanagement that would have shareholders calling for the board to be sacked in a lot of other industries.

bosnian_red

Invisible out there today. Had a few chances in the first half, probably should've scored one, but second half I barely remember him touching the ball.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Stats:

2 shots.
2 on target.
18/26 passes.
8 failed passes were short exchanges around the box.
69.2% pass completion.
2/2 crosses.
1/9 take ons.
1 ball recoveries.
0/1 tackles.
0 interception.
0 clearance.

Litch

Watch this lads proformances start to rapidly decline under LvG. He'll strip him of any creativity and have him thinking more about his defensive duties than being creative going forward.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
One of his worst for us. Not sure he was entirely fit either. Seemed much more laboured and weaker than anytime I've seen him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Also it's strange to say this about a 19 year old but we really him to be in form for the last game of the group stage. He's one player who on his day can destroy defenders so to have a chance to qualify we need players like him in top fitness and form.

Glanville95

Dreadful tonight.

First half he ran the channels and stretched the opposition defence on a few occasions, but lost most of his personal duels and made the wrong choices. Second half, he was hopelessly anonymous.

bosnian_red

I'd have to agree with Scholes in that he doesn't look like a natural goalscoring striker, doesn't have that natural strikers instinct. Still very young of course, but he seems better playing on the left where he can run at defenders and go past them. Today probably wasn't completely fit, but still. He has huge potential, but I'd prefer if we bought a striker like Kane in who can play alongside Martial, or Martial playing on the left. His off the ball movement in the box has a lot of room for improvement if he wants to become a player who scores 30 goals a season basically.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Was rubbish tonight and has not sparkled for a few weeks now; honeymoon is well and truly over!

I'm fine with that, he is a special talent and will soon become invincible. Hopefully he takes the criticism easily and smokes Vardy at the weekend.

Devil may care

He was poor tonight and people can call me a hypocrite but I am cutting him some slack as we have way too much resting on a 19 year old in his first season, that's not his fault, most 19 year olds lack consistency.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was poor tonight and people can call me a hypocrite but I am cutting him some slack as we have way too much resting on a 19 year old in his first season, that's not his fault, most 19 year olds lack consistency.
Don't see much wrong with what you're saying. I think we all know he's not going to be magnificent in every game, and that he'll have poor spells. Considering the impact he has made since coming here, it's perfectly understandable.

Litch

What are you on about?He has almost zero defensive duty tonight.
He has defensive duties every game under LVG cause I can really hear him saying, not tonight Tony just do the feck you want. its a pity LvG didn't squeeze the balls out of all the forward players then maybe they would play with a little more free spirit

Walters_19_MuFc

People were saying 'get him up top, it'll make a big difference'. Lets be honest, it hasnt done feck all really. The tactics are obviously stifling our attacking players.

Born2Lose

He was very poor tonight, but he's a 19 year old kid and his form should be inconsistent. I genuinely feel sorry for this guy and Memphis because there's a hell of a burden on their shoulders and it's unfair.

Sylar

Was really surprised he started and I guess that shows the desperation we are in. I feel sorry for him as he looks like a spark that isnt allowed to explode.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
We are suffering from relying too much on him, he has played nonstop since he came and needs a rest.

AttackingFlair

Even when he doesn't play well, he still manages to be a threat. Memphis needs to learn from Martial.

Eddy_JukeZ

Poor, but perhaps he was unfit.

It shouldn't come to this position that we rely so heavily on him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
People were saying 'get him up top, it'll make a big difference'. Lets be honest, it hasnt done feck all really. The tactics are obviously stifling our attacking players.
Some people are extremely naive and simple minded. Playing up front is tougher than on the wing for a young player who likes to run at players.

Obiorahking_

Looked quite terribly tonight to be honest. I thought he always tried tot do to much with the ball, dribbled aimlessly, passing wasn't that great, not his best from him.

Devil may care

Don't see much wrong with what you're saying. I think we all know he's not going to be magnificent in every game, and that he'll have poor spells. Considering the impact he has made since coming here, it's perfectly understandable.
It's good to see most fans having perspective on him, he's a fantastic talent but the price we paid doesn't alter the fact he'll have the same issues most 19 year olds have, our big problem is the attack is so bad we've started to rely on him and expect from him immediately.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'd have to agree with Scholes in that he doesn't look like a natural goalscoring striker, doesn't have that natural strikers instinct. Still very young of course, but he seems better playing on the left where he can run at defenders and go past them. Today probably wasn't completely fit, but still. He has huge potential, but I'd prefer if we bought a striker like Kane in who can play alongside Martial, or Martial playing on the left. His off the ball movement in the box has a lot of room for improvement if he wants to become a player who scores 30 goals a season basically.
I think he'd be best in a system like Neymar is for Barca. You should go all out for Kane and make him your main Striker and possibly a very good RW unless Memphis is given a chance on that side.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'd keep him on the left for the time being, seems to get more of the ball there and you can tell he enjoys it a bit more. We've got plenty of time to ease him in as a striker if that's our route.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So the consensus about his best position has moved to left wide-forward instead of an actual #9?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Need a big performance from him if we want to grAb three points.

Status
Not open for further replies.