6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Think he needs to go back on the left. There's always 3 men on him when he's in the middle.
That would be a fantastic thing if the other players in close proximity could take advantage of the space that causes. Yesterday we had Young, Rooney and Mata who for all different reasons, did not take advantage of anything.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
The only one looking like make something happen. We're entirely reliant on him, which is obviously not going to work out for us over the course of the season.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Needs support. He's such a talent forced to play with the likes of Rooney and Mata.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Still our best attacking player, he just can't do it all himself. Looked more lively with Memphis and lingard around him, needs people to give him space and isolate players 1v1.

The 352 is such a poor formation with our players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Played pretty well. As did young I thought. Our two brightest attackers. But we need a few more stepping up. Also, not sure why we've stopped playing the ball into his feet with his back to defenders given he's brilliant at that. It seems to go to him more in the air in recent weeks and he's not going to win those outright. If we had another centre forward I'd have moved him to the right instead of Mata so he could see more of the ball.

mav_9me

Played pretty well. As did young I thought. Our two brightest attackers. But we need a few more stepping up. Also, not sure why we've stopped playing the ball into his feet with his back to defenders given he's brilliant at that. It seems to go to him more in the air in recent weeks and he's not going to win those outright. If we had another centre forward I'd have moved him to the right instead of Mata so he could see more of the ball.
We need him on the left, upfront and right.

amolbhatia50k

We need him on the left, upfront and right.
:lol: that's actually true. I just keep waiting for him to get the ball and always feel he's not getting on it enough. To be fair, I thought young did pretty well yesterday too. Need Herrera back to give some quality in central areas.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
To be fair, his end product has dropped from the initial days. He is looking for more passes than dribbles, (and needs to work on his passing) and that sees him venture less and less into the opposition's penalty box or whereabouts. A striker should do more.

Best attacking player we have, though. Hands down.

Obiorahking_

He looks really really tired to be honest. His energy levels just dosen't look the same to me. I think he should get the week off, no point in running him down.

Man Utd 0:0 West Ham

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looks tired and also too cautious, looked very poor in that 1vs1 situation, but we are also not feeding him properly. Pairing him with Fellaini up top is also not a good fit.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Ehhh, he came alive for the chance he had, problem is he keeps drifting to the channels and dropping deep because we never find him otherwise.

Wade3

Ehhh, he came alive for the chance he had, problem is he keeps drifting to the channels and dropping deep because we never find him otherwise.
That's why I said we don't feed him well either.

ZDwyr

Just struggling to get into matches lately. Maybe because he is young or maybe the system.

Hed Zitin

He has absolutely feck all space to play with. Every time he get's the ball he's got three around him. Everyone knows he's our only threat, so just mark him.

NinjaFletch

Just struggling to get into matches lately. Maybe because he is young or maybe the system.
He's being crowded out because teams know if they stop him they stop us.

Should create more space for others, but the qualities not there to exploit it.

Woodenlung

I've seen him do it plenty of times since then. A far bigger problem is us not getting any sort of decent attacking ball to him.

Wade3

Just created that chance completely by himself, great dribble, great movement, great pass.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The kid is a feckin warrior, and the only one consistently trying to beat a man.

Nickosaur

He has absolutely feck all space to play with. Every time he get's the ball he's got three around him. Everyone knows he's our only threat, so just mark him.
Yep. If we had another attacking player who could step up like Martial we'd find things a lot easier, but we're so easy to stop because Martial is the only real threat right now.

amolbhatia50k

It's sad that we rely on a 19 year old for bringing dribbling quality, hold up play and goals. Should have done better with his chance but again the only attacker with genuine top class ability.

Wade3

Yep. If we had another attacking player who could step up like Martial we'd find things a lot easier, but we're so easy to stop because Martial is the only real threat right now.
And suddenly when Memphis comes on and creates havoc, Martial suddenly comes to life as well.

Overall a much better second half, created the best chance of the game almost entirely by himself, should've probably scored, but I didn't think his looks on goal were that clear.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
And suddenly when Memphis comes on and creates havoc, Martial suddenly comes to life as well.

Overall a much better second half, created the best chance of the game almost entirely by himself, should've probably scored, but I didn't think his looks on goal were that clear.
Yep. Looks like he needs someone to bring him to life, someone with a bit of speed and creativity.

Smores

I'm not really being too critical of him because he obviously has talent but for the price we paid you'd be wanting a greater output.

Wade3

I'm not really being too critical of him because he obviously has talent but for the price we paid you'd be wanting a greater output.
Until Memphis came on, he was our most dangerous attacking player. He should've put one of his chances away, but you can't expect much more when he's constantly being crowded by several players and doesn't receive a lot of good passes. Carrick was the first guy who could really feed him some proper passes.

Devil may care

He missed a great chance but at least he's a threat, the problem is he was our only threat until Memphis came on which means teams can focus on him and mark him more intensely.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Until Memphis came on, he was our most dangerous attacking player. He should've put one of his chances away, but you can't expect much more when he's constantly being crowded by several players and doesn't receive a lot of good passes. Carrick was the first guy who could really feed him some proper passes.
I think you can, specially the chance in the second half, at the very least he had to hit the target.

Wade3

I think you can, specially the chance in the second half, at the very least he had to hit the target.
Which I stated just before the bolded part but nonetheless in terms of overall attacking player, he does a lot more than the rest upfront, except for Memphis who was great when he came on.

Drainy

Clearly he's very good in 1 on 1s but his finisihing in other situations needs to improve or he needs to get better at bringing other players into play in dangerous positions. Very young through. It's a shame we are so reliant on him.

criticalanalysis

There's a reason he drifts out so much.

Name ONE player, who plays consistently well (or enough i.e Herrera/Mata) in the MIDDLE, that can control a ball, makes runs, hold the ball and receive on the turn?

We play balls wide because we're afraid of losing the ball in the middle of the pitch and getting countered. Martial can do all those things above but he will have 1-3 players on him AND when he does get those balls in the middle, who is he going to pass it back and what is he supposed to do with it?

We NEED Herrera/Mata there behind Martial with Lingard and Depay/Young on the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.