Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was class today. He's going to be such a good player, already is a very good one. Gave his all but we can't rely on him at his age. He's going to burn out by the end of the season.

ZDwyr

Just 20 years old! Obviously there will be games and spells where he disappoints but that is normal. A constant threat tonight I thought. His pace troubled Dante and Naldo.

Acole9

Outstanding
He deserved more tonight, he looked truly gutted at the end of the match. He try's to do so much on his own but gets very little support from those around him. Scholes is right though we shouldn't be relying on a 20 year old as our main goal threat.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Needs better team-mates. Players who actually have a bit of creativity and trust in their technique.
Someone with similar attributes to Sterling would suit him really well. From one side at least. And then a proper goalscorer on the other side of him.

Get in a technically gifted midfielder who isn't afraid to zip balls into him as soon as the opportunity presents itself (Gündoğan), and we're laughing.

It's all about getting in players on his wavelength, who trust their ability to pass/dribble into (and from tight areas).

C'est Moi Cantona

Could easily get 15 + goals this season which would be fantastic, the only issue is we do not have the senior player who is banging in the 25 goals + and helping him out.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Really felt for him at the end of the game. When he signed for us this season, he can't have envisaged being entrusted with the responsibility of carrying our attack. It's quite alarming how his technique is a few levels above the rest of our team. Pretty much the only player that doesn't look fazed receiving the ball in tight spaces.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Actually feel sorry for the guy. He needs teammated on his wavelength.

Sb_16

He played well, we saw what he can do when the ball is played into his feet.

The trouble is, most of his teammates mistake him for a 7 foot beast with the touch and control of Messi and hoof balls into him, and expect him to do the rest.

He needs support in the form of a proven goalscorer. This is a massive burden for a 19 year old. If I was LVG I'd throw a lot of money on someone like Lukaku.
Now that's just irrational.

Varun

Staff
Really felt for him at the end of the game. When he signed for us this season, he can't have envisaged being entrusted with the responsibility of carrying our attack. It's quite alarming how his technique is a few levels above the rest of our team. Pretty much the only player that doesn't look fazed receiving the ball in tight spaces.
That's she shittiest bit about the whole thing. Normally, a 20yr old kid signing for a club like Man Utd would be amazed by the technique and ability of those around him. Maybe even realise how big the gulf is. It could well be the other way around here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That's she shittiest bit about the whole thing. Normally, a 20yr old kid signing for a club like Man Utd would be amazed by the technique and ability of those around him. Maybe even realise how big the gulf is. It could well be the other way around here.
Yep, in most cases, you have your 20 year old looking up to other players and trying to impress them and all that. Martial is our most talented player and best performing attacking player already. That's just not good for him or for us.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
What really grated me was that there was a point in the first half when Martial played the ball to Lingard, made some movement clearly indicating he wanted the give and go, then Lingard took an age to notice and passed it back into midfield/defence. It's actually a problem with many of our players, who are either unable to play that way, or they are scared to try. Martial however, always seems to look for these sort of plays which implies that some players are just unwilling to or would rather the safe option that makes life easy for the opponents. You see lots of teams play like this, heck look at Wolfsburg's second goal, imagine Max Kruse was Lingard for a second when Draxler played that ball to him, he'd probably play it backwards to Varela.

Sb_16

Lukaku has been brilliant this season.Its no longer just the goals with him either, brings a lot of his teammates into play too. Martial could feed of that imo.

Why do you it's irrational?
Both are no.9 and equally deserving of being the main man. We should rather look for a pacey, tricky wide forward and a no.10 with consistent end product.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Griezmann!
Griezmann plays the same position as Martial, he isn't a wide forward, people need to get him out of their head, the player we should be going for is Reus.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Griezmann plays the same position as Martial, he isn't a wide forward, people need to get him out of their head, the player we should be going for is Reus.
Reus has been underwhelming for the past 1.5 seasons, whether because of injuries or other factors. His last good season was 13/14. Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang have been easily outperforming Reus this season, in Aubameyang's case he was outperforming Reus last season too when Reus wasn't injured.

HabeasC

I think they would make a great pairing, for both club and country. Griezmann as the second striker and Martial as the number 9. They could both interchange. The only problem is a lack of heading option.

Realistically though, we need to bring in some top class wise men; it just seems that there aren't that many out there that are available.

Red_Beans

I think they would make a great pairing, for both club and country. Griezmann as the second striker and Martial as the number 9. They could both interchange. The only problem is a lack of heading option.

Realistically though, we need to bring in some top class wise men; it just seems that there aren't that many out there that are available.
I agree that we are lacking top class wise men, both on the pitch and off it

Loublaze

ATLien
Injury prone player who only has eyes for Barcelona

Sylar

One of the reasons we need to bring in an experienced striker is to help Martial learn. Look at what that short stint H.Larrson loan deal did for us (our attacking players). You could see he had an influence.

We have Martial who is a talent, but obviously needs to continue improving and I honestly dont think he will if we dont help him in that regards. Coaching can take him so far, but working with and playing with just as good if not better strikers will teach him a thing or two. Plus hes only 20. We risk burning him out long term cos we cant afford to rest / sub him.

I also think it shows how crazy we (LVG) was when he was on a goal scoring run, then suddenly just put him out left to accommodate Rooney.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Such a :drool:-worthy player. It's going to be so exciting watching him grow.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Such a :drool:-worthy player. It's going to be so exciting watching him grow.
Probably the best teenager I've seen at United. Going to become the best player in the world at some point in the next 3/4 years, no doubt.

HabeasC

One of the reasons we need to bring in an experienced striker is to help Martial learn. Look at what that short stint H.Larrson loan deal did for us (our attacking players). You could see he had an influence.

We have Martial who is a talent, but obviously needs to continue improving and I honestly dont think he will if we dont help him in that regards. Coaching can take him so far, but working with and playing with just as good if not better strikers will teach him a thing or two. Plus hes only 20. We risk burning him out long term cos we cant afford to rest / sub him.

I also think it shows how crazy we (LVG) was when he was on a goal scoring run, then suddenly just put him out left to accommodate Rooney.
Agreed. We need to have some top quality strikers around him to help him learn the nuances of the role. He needs to work on the runs he makes and having another striker that makes those runs would help Martial to improve.

Irrational.

I hear Ibrahimovic is available this summer. :drool:

Minimalist

He's human after all. Bad miss but harder than it looked.

His dribbling in the box was pretty damn impressive.

Needs to take it up a level second half. Goals in this game for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.