g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Anthony Martial image 9

Anthony Martial France flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
He's very economical with his movement isn't he? That's something missing at the moment for me, doesn't seem to make the right runs frequently enough or have that anticipation in the box. I'm sure it'll come in time.

kps88

He's very economical with his movement isn't he? That's something missing at the moment for me, doesn't seem to make the right runs frequently enough or have that anticipation in the box. I'm sure it'll come in time.
We're running him into the ground and it's only going to get worse over the festive period. I don't think anyone expected him to be playing so much so soon.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What is it, one goal in the league since September? Flashy dribbling will only get you so far.
Should've scored today granted, but you can't blame him when he's been our only player who actually looks to create chances for himself or others since he's come in basically.

stevoc

Needs to put a bit more effort into chasing down the ball and trying to make chances for himself for me . Looks disinterested at times.

Other than that great dribbling again, hopefully his game comes together and more of these dribbles lead to something. Needs more service from his team mates as well though it must be said.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If and when we sign other worthy attacking players, the extra space for Martial will make us very dangerous.

Irrational.

He can't be expected to carry the attack on his own.

Once he has a teammate on the same wavelength he will be some force to deal with.

ZDwyr

Was very poor I thought. Obviously it will happen as he is young though.

Sylar

He probably should have scored, but then again, he shouldnt be relied upon to get goals and carry our attack in his first season where we arent even giving him any minutes to rest.

Once he has a teammate on the same wavelength he will be some force to deal with.
Agreed. Add some experience, and competition and it will do him and the team a whole lot of good.

He still has that rare ability to carry the ball past defenders with ease, even if his finishing has gone off a bit. He looks like a dangerous but young forward who has all the tools but hasn't quite figured out how to use them most effectively yet. It's our own fault for expecting him to score all our goals.

ZDwyr

I think you can see the pressure getting to him. When he was first signed he didn't show any emotion after doing something, whether it was good or bad. But now after he misses a chance or makes a mistake I can see him getting down on himself. It's really unfortunate that we are relying so heavily on him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His close control is exceptional but I think eventually he'll be better off as a wide forward in the role Neymar plays right now than as an out and out striker.

Mani

Some brilliant foot work spoiled by bad finishing.IMO he played at the right position,i would say he need to be played more at this position even when Rooney returns.

Litch

We are over using him and that's LVG's fault due to not signing enough strikers in the first place.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Thing about his dribbling is that he has tried to initiate 1-2's plenty of times from what I've seen but the likes of Depay, Lingard and especially Mata somehow do not return the ball to him enough.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
His ball control and dribbling is there, but need to improve his finishing.

Minkaro

His ability to escape from tight spaces is ridiculous. Is he related to Houdini?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He needs to work on shooting practice. The rest of his game already ranges from ok to very good. He needs more venom in his attempts.
Is that something you can actually improve at this stage of your career? Souness said Sterling lacks power in his shots but can improve that with training, but I found that a bit odd. I can't think of any players that have developed a more powerful strike later in this professional career.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Is that something you can actually improve at this stage of your career? Souness said Sterling lacks power in his shots but can improve that with training, but I found that a bit odd. I can't think of any players that have developed a more powerful strike later in this professional career.
You can always improve your shooting technique, but the power's either there or it's not.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Memphis has shown glimpses of being on the same wave-length but they have not had much time together and the players don't have much confidence right now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I honestly don't know, it is his most obvious weakness at the moment. Just like @ADJUDICATOR said, with better technique his shots would already start to cause more trouble.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I still think he's performed better when he's come from the wing. He has so much more space over there.

m1tch

Mata in behind him would be perfect. Look at the goal in Wolfsburg, that's where Mata should be all the time, not on the right wing where he's not suited to the requirements of a winger.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I still think he's performed better when he's come from the wing. He has so much more space over there.
I like him being in the centre and going out to the right to get the ball, it works because it pulls apart the defence and allows other players to run into the box whilst he creates something. Its what he did against Wolfsburg but Rooney missed the chance. He can do the same on the left with Memphis and the no.10 running into the middle, hopefully our attackers learn how to interchange better, could be good tactic.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mata in behind him would be perfect. Look at the goal in Wolfsburg, that's where Mata should be all the time, not on the right wing where he's not suited to the requirements of a winger.
He was there last game and he did absolutely nothing. Mata needs replacing just as much as we need a pacey winger to supplement Marital.

bucky

Probably bit late and already posted, but this cheered me up.

Trizy

If and when we sign other worthy attacking players, the extra space for Martial will make us very dangerous.
This, especially if our next manager has us playing fast counter attacking football.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He will improve his finishing, nothing that hard work won't iron out. Rooney was similar at a young age and he ended up pretty good at scoring, just a shame the rest of his game took a nosedive

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused

Mata has had enough chances and has proved on many occasions now that he isn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.