Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
We've been terrible about getting him the ball in a position to attack with space. It's always against numbers when Southampton have had a chance to get men behind the ball.
But whenever he's had the ball he's run down a blind alley and given up possession. He was woeful tonight. I'd only play him in the final because I think Miki was even worse.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Some people are so blind it's untrue. Martial is one of those players that seems to avoid any sort of criticism it's always somebody else's fault

When does he go from talented, promising youngster to just an average nothing player (which he is)

I would get rid this summer if a good offer comes in.

mu4c_20le

He has no business being on the wing, he's not the kind of player to receive the ball and beat a few defenders before whipping in a cross.

Baxter

Every single attacking player, bar Ibra, has been largely poor this season. Mourinho has to shoulder some of the blame. The lack of attacking play from the midfield and full backs is so detrimental to our play.

3KDré

Every time he had the ball there were about 3/4 people in a 10 metre radius, there's not much he can do.

kundalini

One moment of class, when he hit the post, in an otherwise sloppy performance, so careless in our half.

snk123

Some people are so blind it's untrue. Martial is one of those players that seems to avoid any sort of criticism it's always somebody else's fault

When does he go from talented, promising youngster to just an average nothing player (which he is)

He was MOTM the last game FFS and was a decent this game too. Sure get rid and then buy him back for 100m like Pogba.

Zoo

Mixed bag today. Got zero support from Darmian it should be noted.

Silas

Did you watch us last season?

dannyrhinos89

He was MOTM the last game FFS and was a decent this game too. Sure get rid and then buy him back for 100m like Pogba.
He's been at the club for awhile now and there has been no improvement in the slightest....Literally none, it's pretty evident he's gone backwards.

He wasn't MOTM either he was the best of a bad bunch that doesnt mean he's MOTM.

Robbie Boy

Very poor tonight and poor season for him overall, unfortunately. I just don't expect anything from him anymore which is some contrast to last season.

Home&Away

Every single attacking player, bar Ibra, has been largely poor this season. Mourinho has to shoulder some of the blame. The lack of attacking play from the midfield and full backs is so detrimental to our play.
I agree. This is because we ultimately play with a target man and the resultant tactics. Even once Zlatan was injured we only changed our tactics once against Chelsea. Up to this day I've seen Rashford and Martial given chances to be target men and it simply isn't suited to them ( suits Rashford more than martial and yet people will say it's something wrong with martials mindset).

When we do play with a target man the whole team around are isolated and insanely predictable no matter who we play but Zlatan is a master in that position whilst Martial and Rashford are not and neither are they all that special on the wings either.

There is strictness with the tactics and a lot of filling in the first team, Jose has been strict with the tactics And has only been flexible for only one or 2 games.

If he continues to do this - we need another target man alongside normal hug the line wingers at the least. I'd prefer us to change the style though- I sincerely doubt the target man tactics are going to give us a serious heads up in game.

Last edited:

cheeky_backheel

No, what's baseless is that he can look a world beater for a season, but then get 'found out' in the off season, and turn up next season looking like a pub player, purely because of other teams working out how to play against him. It's also ridiculous to say that all the major analysis has to be done during the off season. If his game was so easy to neutralise after some tweaking and analysing, why didn't it happen earlier? Conversely, if what you say is true, how has he (at times) managed to look class again in moments this season?
He has been poor, don't get me wrong, but It's not down to him being found out - he's just been bang average. He's been in and out of the team, he had a difficult summer, plus all the well publicised issues with his ex-partner. However, he's still shown flashes of class. Inconsistency is to be expected of someone his age/stage. He'll come good, either with us or, regrettably, with another club.
Why do you guys like to extrapolate so much? You seem to pull out meanings beyond what is said.

I'm not, you said something about players not sustaining it after the first season and thats what great players do. You weren't talking about second season syndrome.

What your saying works both ways. You're saying it's easier in your first season because the opposition don't know you, but that is such a massive generalisation. There have been many players at United alone that were poor early on and just got better with time. Quite often players need to acclimatise to the league and they don't have that 'easy' first season that you are on about because they're not used to the speed or physicality of it.
Is it an english comprehension problem or you cant follow the basic logic involved?

That a person can overcome a difficulty does not equate to the difficulty being less. Some players develop faster and thus even if it has become harder does not bar them from performing better.

If you want to disprove what I stated then you have to show that defenders having more familiarity with an attacker does not matter or that it makes it easier for the attacker. That some players struggle or not in any season is not a counter to the logic, as I have not said all players perform worse or better in their first or second season.

dannyrhinos89

Did you watch us last season?
My opinion on him won't change

People just buy into hype then constantly have to convince themselves that it's true with martial and he will come good.

He's an average player and I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

Silas

My opinion on him won't change

People just buy into hype then constantly have to convince themselves that it's true with martial and he will come good.

He's an average player and I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise.
I'll repeat; did you watch us last season?

Manny

Grammar Police
He's incredibly lackadaisical. He can't get keep getting away with trying to play the game at walking pace.

Can't start against Ajax. They'll rip him apart.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
No he's not. Watch the game
You may need glasses. Not having it. Hit the post on a mazy run, but the rest of the game passed him by. Didn't do much else. Ran at players but his final ball was not there. He didn't get help around him, but that still isn't an excuse - when he had the ball he done bollocks all with it.

He would have been told go out there and earn a final place, show me what you can do. In the end, he was awful. End of. It's not just him though, most of our forward line have been well below par. But Martial is the most disappointing out of the lot. Lingard laughing all the way to Stockholm

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I hear that the system doesn't suit him, but he misplaces passes that someone in his position needs to be making, so that's not the system. I hear that he's short of confidence and he's a player that needs it, but how is he supposed to get that when our attack struggles so much, which he's often a part of?

MadMike

Kinda typical game for Martial this season. A few good moments of individual skill, but long periods of anonymity too. Failed to have a lasting impact on the game.

What disappointed me today was with Mata and Mkhi on the pitch as well, I expected some nice interplay and 1-2s between the 3. But every time they tried to combine every 2nd pass was loose and the ball was turned over. It's May and our forwards look like the just met each other.

Still I'd prefer him on the pitch to Lingard for the final. He can make something out of nothing, which he nearly did again today. I'd prefer him and Mkhi around Rashford, if we're gonna go with a midfield 3.

Sylar

I thought he was better once Rashford came on and created space for him with some runs up top.
He does need to do better but people wanting him gone, just after a second inconsistent season at 21 is nuts.

SER19

I still think our team should be built around him. There's too much talent to let him get away after a poor season.

RuudTom83

Whoever is at LB needs to learn they are allowed to cross the half way line and support Martial.

Hell, he comes back to help them, they could at least return the favour a few times in 90 minutes!!!

Web of Bissaka

Obviously it's not good enough and inconsistent plus becoming more and more predictable, but I quite like his performances today.

Showed desire today, effort in attacking and defending, :D that block cross and helps defend a lot, increasing the numbers at the back.

The shooting is also good, nearly a goal, good curving technique at hitting the ball, enough power to crept into the net.

Have to really start building chemistry with the other attackers, for a more potent attacking threats and varieties of atk patters.

Devil may care

Like with Mata I was hoping for a lot more from him tonighht, especially after the 2nd half against Spurs.

He wasn't great but it's almost impossible to play as a wide attacker when your fullback fecking refuses to keep up with you, never mind attempt to overlap. Disgraceful lack of attacking ambition from Darmian tonight.
I think that is on instruction from Mourinho though.

Status
Not open for further replies.