Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Wasn't great, hopefully he kicks on a bit more this season. 2 assists isn't a bad start though.

HabeasC

He's clearly been affected by the whole situation with his ex/daughter. But he played well enough today for the first game.

Just need him to get his head sorted and he will be back to his buccaneering best.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Much better in the second half, Mourinho might have had a few words.

Keegs

Thought he was good second half 2 assists as well so nice start.

acnumber9

Much better second half. He finally got to play facing the goal a little bit and it made a huge difference for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was class in the second half, ok at best in the first but our whole team was off. 2 assists... Just what he does though. Such a productive player for his young age.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
2 assists but an average performance tonight, worse player in United shirt today but he will pick his form I'm sure of that.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Deserves plaudits for his assists but was unusually quiet. One of the things I loved about him last season was how he managed to find a way to be constantly involved. Will hopefully find his way into the season though.

facund

I thought he was a bit laboured and sloppy for the most part. When he is the only one of our front men with any real pace he needs to be making more runs behind rather than wanting it to feet most of the time.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
At some point I kind of missed a bit of football last season but when I came back he was a Left winger. I don't know how that happened but I always felt he was a CF/Striker.

worldinmotion66

A shame he switched off for Bournemouth to score and ruin our clean sheet, we deserved one today. He looked more dangerous in the second half though, still finding his fitness.

Ole90+3

He's so good and only going to get better. He's vital to our attacking play.

Want to run at hi man all the time, defenders are frightened of him, just like they were of Ronaldo.

Martial, Pogba and Mhkitaryan are going to amazing things together.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Good performance, he's getting his sharpness back, which is expected after getting some minutes under his belt. It was bizzare to see people criticizing him for the first few games in pre-season and the Community Shield.

Love the fact he has two assists already.

Devil may care

Played his way into the game and I thought Ibra looked to bring him into it more in the second half.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He'll benefit as Shaw regains his fitness and form. Shaw bombing around the outside will give him a lot more space to play with. Didn't seem to be happening today.

Bojan11

He improved in the second half during that period where we got two goals.

jem

He's clearly been affected by the whole situation with his ex/daughter. But he played well enough today for the first game.

Just need him to get his head sorted and he will be back to his buccaneering best.
Clearly? I'd be more tempted to go with fatigue after a long debut season and very little down-time during the summer, but what do I know?

Gause

certainly he wont be satisfied with his form today but I like a couple of his straight runs through the middle. His close control there means defenders are almost likely to foul him around the box. He should do it more often.

R'hllor

Maybe i am imagining things but he had few times sulking moments ala Memphis,also he looks drained mentally,maybe are those life issues in play (if true).

Percy17

well he was too good today a few misplaced touches and you can put him at fault for the goal. the 2 assists probably cut him some slack. He obviously isn't our main man anymore so I think it fair to wait and see how this affects him

Jacko21

Maybe i am imagining things but he had few times sulking moments ala Memphis,also he looks drained mentally,maybe are those life issues in play (if true).
Was thinking this too. A little less lively and not all together settled.

Might just take some time.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I also feel he'll end up being a centre forward. But with Zlatan here for next year, maybe two and Rashford needing games, he's going to spend the forseeable future on the wing. He's very capable there and will score and assist plenty. In fact, I think he'll be one of our best players this year. I just think it's a pity we're probably not going to see the absolute best of him because it's not his best position.

m1y2

he wasn't good, looks tired both physically and mentally, more focus on football would help him, would sub him off for Memphis to put a bit of pressure on him. The boy doesn't need to carry the whole team like last year but needs to work hard to fulfil his fantastic potential but Mourinho will get the best out of him I am sure of it..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Respectable performance. 2 assists already is good, let's hope for more.

ThanksBoss26

Good second half.

Think he just needs a bit of patience. A young lad, going through a bit of crap in his personal life and spent a month of his summer watching bloody Gignac come on ahead of him.

He'll be fine. Will be good for him if we can share some responsibility up there, so nice that the other three attackers got on the scoresheet today.

MDFC Manager

Started a bit poorly but second half was very encouraging IMO. Will be helped once the Pog comes in.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He's clearly not playing to near his potential, but it's encouraging that Jose seems determined to play him into form. I'd be a lot more worried if I thought he was playing for his future under a new boss, but thankfully Jose seems fully aware of his importance.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Getting there. Looked close to his usual self in the second half.

LouisDanGaal

Some promising signs. I enjoy a win even more if someone like him or rashford have a good game so hopefully next match he can carry on his second half performance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looks like we were worried over nothing

Fantastic in keeping the ball and running with.

Imagine him and the Pog doing that.
Him, Ibra, Pogba and Mkhitaryan linking together :drool:. Throw Mata in as well. Potential for some mouthwatering stuff.

Jagga7

He's always our main threat with his pace and dribbling. Still only 20, he's going to be inconsistent.

Shimo

He was in better in the 2nd half because he actually got on the ball. First half our focus was pretty much down the right and center and even Martial had to come that way just to be involved. Need to get him more on the ball through the 90 as he is such a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.