5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

@Dobbs Maybe my memory fails me but when have I said l'm strongly in favor for Martial to be dropped. I said he had a great game and am hoping we finally, potentially could have the devastating trio of Martial/Zlatan/Mikhi we thought we would at the start of the season.
You really don't like to be disagreed with do you Janson?

During our conversation in this thread it's clear you support Mourinho's decisions(i.e. dropping Martial) over the last few weeks/months. There's really no need to debate that further as the posts are self explanatory.

Janson

You really don't like to be disagreed with do you Janson?

During our conversation in this thread it's clear you support Mourinho's decisions(i.e. dropping Martial) over the last few weeks/months. There's really no need to debate that further as the posts are self explanatory.
I haven't denied that, I do agree with Mourinho's treatment and believe Martial has gotten better for it. You clearly don't and I respect your opinion. We won't know the truth though until Martial himself speaks up about it, and that obviously won't be while he's still here. That is if it's true he has a problem with Mourinho.

Regardless of what has led to Martial's improvement, let's be happy he has progressed and hope he keeps working hard and keeps this level of performance up, to cement his place in our first eleven.

Oneunited26

True. Same as pure hate few supporters have for him.

I agree, PPL go on about martial out of form at times, how about Jose start playing martial week in week out so he knows where the hell he is at. Like I have said has always with martial, if his agent has it in his head he should be playing upfront has why he is not with it at times, and his head is messed up over a damn number martial has issues and Jose has every right, martial is forgetting his place, now a way to really nail martial's place in this team give him the no7 shirt and martial will see yeah the boss thinks I can help lead this team. The moments of brilliance really does show, if we lose martial for me that would be another mess up by Jose that he will regret and we wont stop hearing about it just like Pogba, its a bit rich from Jose that pogba who has not been amazing also just like martial, Jose needs to build this squad around DDG, pogba, martial and a few more, we will regret it and I hope Jose sees that he should be playing martial more has he does give us that dimension we do lack at times

But the no7 shirt could really nail martial's confidence, conviction and direction for him moving forward

RedPnutz

I agree. Its been far too long now that we have allowed players to become complacent.

The only issue I have is that it doesnt apply to all players (Pogba and Ibra)
We don't have viable alternatives for Pogba or Ibra.

kidbob

Has to play tonight. It's really important for him to get some consistency. An inform Martial completely changes us as an attacking force. If anyone is to be rotated tonight I'd be most in favour of giving Rashford a starting role up front. Possibly Lingard in for Mata.

Donut

Let's hope Mourinho gives him another gift and starts him again.

IrishRedDevil

Love how direct he is, he just glides with the ball. Our most talented player when he's full of confidence.

I hope him being benched is finally behind us, as watching Lingard and Rashford play LW ahead of him was getting depressing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Been our best attacker today, have liked what I've seen so far, deserved at least an assist!

ElQuesoGrande

Just can't fathom how deficient a human you'd have to be to be so petty that you'd constantly play rashford over martial to be a big man

AR87

Honestly ridiculous the lack of service he's got in this game. Herrera had a chance to play it to him wide with a a chance to run at his defender about a minute after his crazy run and instead played some useless ball into Fellaini with his back to goal.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Honestly ridiculous the lack of service he's got in this game. Herrera had a chance to play it to him wide with a a chance to run at his defender about a minute after his crazy run and instead played some useless ball into Fellaini with his back to goal.
I noticed that as well.

Eddy_JukeZ

Need to get him more of the ball. Has barely had any touches. His movement off the ball has been better this game too.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Great going forward and backwards today.

Something tangible would be lovely now. Goal or assist.

Wade3

Good adjustment but Mourinho to give Martial space and not have Blind overlap too much. The most important change is Martial just aggressively going at his man though.

AR87

Deserved a goal on that mazy run but got stopped by a phenomenal save by the keeper. Him and Pogba were a class above everybody else on the pitch. We did a much better job of getting him the ball in the 2nd half.

Zoo

Nice pat on the back from Jose after a quality performance.

Rossa

His runs with the ball is just amazing. I was thinking of who he reminds me of, but I can't really think of many. His close control is really something. He keeps the ball so close to his feet like Hazard and Messi, but he is much faster and more powerful than any (he has other drawbacks - needs to improve his passing for instance). The sky really is the limit.

Oneunited26

Good adjustment but Mourinho to give Martial space and not have Blind overlap too much. The most important change is Martial just aggressively going at his man though.
It shows martial is not a striker, he is perfect from an attacking forward from the wings cutting inside, and its really benefiting zlatan seeing pogba and martial supporting him, lets hope Jose now starts playing martial every week as he really makes a difference to how we cut sides apart

the hea

Excellent for the second game in a row. Looks like he is finally finding back to his form from last season, when he plays like this he's one of the best players in the league.

stepic

Glimpses of last seasons peak form there tonight. If him and Miki both hit proper form together we'll be pretty unstoppable going forward.

rooney2009

I have decided that he is my favourite Man Utd player and anytime he is on the ball...I expect something to happen

Wade3

It shows martial is not a striker, he is perfect from an attacking forward from the wings cutting inside, and its really benefiting zlatan seeing pogba and martial supporting him, lets hope Jose now starts playing martial every week as he really makes a difference to how we cut sides apart
I wouldn't waste him as a striker either. Except for maybe Pogba, we don't have a player who has the combination of speed, strength and close control when attacking an opponent. We need that quality of Martial badly as it opens our game up a lot.

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
Mou has used these past few weeks to turn him into a counter machine, the same as he did with Mkhi. Any youngster who can turn nothing chances into something is destined to reach the very top.

3KDré

I wouldn't waste him as a striker either. Except for maybe Pogba, we don't have a player who has the combination of speed, strength and close control when attacking an opponent. We need that quality of Martial badly as it opens our game up a lot.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
We all know that Martial has the capability to become a world-class forward. What he showed tonight was encouraging and moreover, he seems to be gradually working himself back to the level he played at last season. We can only hope that José continues to bring him along, as he did with Mkhitaryan.

I also feel that if we are to get the best out of Martial in the long-term, then it would make more sense not to buy Griezmann. I don't see any real way in which we can accommodate Martial, Pogba and Griezmann in the same starting XI and expect all three to perform at a world-class standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.