6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW

Of course those who were saying he's not trusted by Mourinho and the rotation thing is nonsense will eat their words now, right ?
Rashford has a knock. Why are you so desperate to be proven right?

el3mel

Rashford has a knock. Why are you so desperate to be proven right?
:lol:

It's amazing to see such a question in a thread that reached 121 pages of continuous and repeated moaning with no complains but when someone tries to do the opposite in the same route then he's "so desperate to prove he's right". This thread isn't open only for moaning about Martial not playing you know.

SteveW

He was great even when they doubled up on him. No doubt TAA has probably improved since then, but so has Martial.

I thought he was pretty good in that game also. One of our only decent performers on the day. He got slated on here by the Mourinho sycophants though

SteveW

:lol:

It's amazing to see such a question in a thread that reached 121 pages of continuous and repeated moaning with no complains but when someone tries to do the opposite in the same route then he's "so desperate to prove he's right". This thread isn't open only for moaning about Martial not playing you know.
Dont play dumb. There's clearly two sides to this debate. One side thinks he should be playing. The other side thinks he shouldn't/jose is right, whatever. I'm not sure why either side is so entrenched to be honest. You however were the one who jumped on the first little sign you might be right without even waiting to see the circumstances and started telling people to eat their words. Hence my question.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I thought he was pretty good in that game also. One of our only decent performers on the day. He got slated on here by the Mourinho sycophants though
Yeah I remember that game and the post match comments which didn't match at all.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Mostly off the bench though and against no marks Burton and CSKA. Anyone could have a similar goals and assist record in the minutes he has been given as the likes of Rashford wears down the opposition defence making it easy for Martial to get through them in the last five minutes of games.was this really needed?
:lol: Got me there for a second.

el3mel

Dont play dumb. There's clearly two sides to this debate. One side thinks he should be playing. The other side thinks he shouldn't/jose is right, whatever. I'm not sure why either side is so entrenched to be honest. You however were the one who jumped on the first little sign you might be right without even waiting to see the circumstances and started telling people to eat their words. Hence my question.
Nonsense. If Martial didn't start today or benched for the next games someone of the opposite side will do exactly the same and jump here to say "Oh that's a proof Mourinho doesn't trust Martial and he's second choice he may leave in the future" I highly doubt you'll go and tell him he jumped at the first sign to prove he's right at this time ?

I believe better than telling me this you should first say it to those who keep repeating that Mourinho doesn't trust him and he may leave over and over and over again. They're the majority in this thread not me.

Liverpool 0:0 Man Utd

Janson

I think the micro-tactical analysis has developed as a result of their rotation. Martial is suited to this game as he is a good attacking player. He's also suited to games where we need to break teams down. Basically, any game that requires an attack!

The same goes for Rashford. Both players are top young forwards and can and will contribute in a range of contexts. A player like Jesse may perhaps be a tactical option, but the other two are good enough to impact any game.
I don't think it's that simple, but we'll have to see how Mourinho uses him in the future. To me it's pretty obvious that Martial is better suited for counterattacking, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's useless against packed defenses.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The only attacker who looks like he can do something today. Hasnt been amazing but still a threat. Just give him the ball and let him run.

NoLogo

Created our best chance from strat to finish. Pinned back a lot and has barely support on his side though. Hope he can get a into a bit of space or break some defenders ankle with a dribble to score the winner for us.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He's doing very well, all things considered. Always a threat with the ball at his feet and is doing well to cover for Darmian in defense as well.

That bit of play between him and Lukaku was lovely. Would have been a fantastic goal.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
One of our better players. Would have taken off Young for Rash. Don't know why it has to be one or the other. Today is 100% the system we're playing and not on our forward players.

Anyway, let's hope we get a result irrespective.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was the only player ahead of the back 5 who can come out of this with any pride. Did alright, nothing special, but the rest have been shite.

El Zoido

Why does he jog around so much? There were times when he should have been closing down the gk or charging full pelt to chase the ball, but he just slowly jogs. Is he trying to conserve energy or something?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Created our best chance. Won a few free kicks close to their box. The only player who didn't seem hassled by Liverpool's press. No one else has done anything notable.
Our defenders have comfortably been our best outfield players today.

ivaldo

More by tactics and positioning than performance in my opinion - our defence had to do more work because we allowed them to.
That's fine but it doesn't make him our best player does it.

ivaldo

He isn't our best player today; de gea was but out of the attacking lot it's martial easily don't you think? Not outfield but attacking
Yeah probably but it's slim pickings.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
What's he done?
Playing with basically no support at all cause Darmian is no threat going forward and Mkhi was invisible and he still managed to look threatening even with 4 people swarming him every time he got the ball. Our best outfield player by large margin today.

Andersons Dietician

Personallly I would have taken off Young as Rashford will also give you a shift, but then it’s Jose so he was never going to play the two of them. Martial looked like the only one who could create or do anything and I thought he had a solid performance.
Bit of a case of we’ve played poor today and Pool have made us look poor also.

Home&Away

Considering we have up to 8 players in our own half - I see no reason why lukaku, martial & rAshford can't play together in an alternative front 3; we've not been present as an attacking team anyway - the lack of balance shouldn't bother us this deep in to the game.

Rashford & Martial have the capacity to out the ball in the net.

ivaldo

Playing with basically no support at all cause Darmian is no threat going forward and Mkhi was invisible and he still managed to look threatening even with 4 people swarming him every time he got the ball. Our best outfield player by large margin today.
No he hasnt. A one two with Lukaku that's it. Tell me, what other chances or openings has he created? Our defenders have kept Liverpool to one genuine chance at Anfield. They deserve plaudits far more than Martial.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I give up in big away games. Next time Jose shouldn't put any attacking player and just load the entire team with defenders since it's pretty clear he has no intention of attacking or playing any football.

BlahRules

Should have done much better against a 20yo Gomez ffs.
He wasn't against Gomez! If you watched the game you would have seen he was against Gomez and two other players. Even then, he did well whenever he received the ball.

You should see Rashford who did feck all and had more occasions where it was him and Gomez but didn't feck all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Did well today I thought. The bit of play for the Lukaku chance as excellent. But most of his focus was on defence really. He was more left back than left winger today. We didn't set up to enable our attackers to attack.

He did quite well given how we set up which was to defend defend and defend. And as with the entire team he defended well.

haram

I think he played well today. We didn't play well as a team going forward.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I think he played well today. We didn't play well as team going forward.
This. Even did well defensively. Made two very good interceptions after tracking back in the first half which could have turned dangerous for us.

RedStarUnited

We as a team are absolutly awful at switching the play. Its shocking how the rest of his teams dont understand that he is unplayable on a 1-1. Thats all I would be thinking about if im a midfielder in this United team. Switch to Tony and isolate him with a RB.

haram

We as a team are absolutly awful at switching the play. Its shocking how the rest of his teams dont understand that he is unplayable on a 1-1. Thats all I would be thinking about if im a midfielder in this United team. Switch to Tony and isolate him with a RB.
I think they do know that.

el3mel

Thought he was good when he got the ball. He also tracked back very well when needed. Nothing to blame him for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.